Lovie's Blueberry And Chocolate Thai Organic Grow Journal

I have an off-topic question to ask. I didn't want to start a thread because I wasn't sure if anyone other than me would benefit from the answer. I have 5 outside plants. 1 is in a 50-gallon fabric pot the other 4 are in 25-gallon air pots. When I water them I use the hose and add water until a couple of inches of water sit on top of the soil, then I go down the line and repeat until I see evidence the water has made it to the bottom of the pots. Once I can tell the water has made it to the bottom of the pots I am done. With the fabric pot I wedge my hand underneath it and feel for moisture. The air pots at the holes at the bottom to see if there is any water escaping through them or evidence of wet soil. I just gave them more water than I ever have before and it still hasn't made it to the bottom of the pots yet. I even took a 30 break and went back and checked to see if it was just taking a little bit for the water to get to the bottom. It hasn't yet. I was wondering if this could be caused by the humidity levels being lower than they have been or do they consume more water during flowering? Or what is going on?
:ciao: Lovie,

They do require more water during flowering. Late flowering, or toward the end they may require/uptake less water.

💞

They drink more and more through flower. They slow down on drinking right before harvest.
That is good to know. The last thing I need to do is allow the soil to become hydrophobic like I did on my indoor plants. It was a pain in the butt dealing with 4, 5-gallon containers of hydrophobic soil. I think I would start crying if I had to deal with 4, 25-gallon and 1, 50-gallon containers of hydrophobic soil.

Back
Top Bottom