Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

Hey LA, I posted this in my journal as well, but wanted you to see it here in case you don't get to my journal for awhile. The 4th node is formed and the 5th is starting. When do I top it to keep it low enough? Also, when can I trim off the other nodes below #4? Should I wait until I transplant this Friday?

IMG_066429.JPG
IMG_065827.JPG
IMG_066035.JPG

Hi LA

I am actually just 4 weeks into flowering on my current grow but I am thinking ahead here, a mate and I are planning to buy seeds together so that we can get additional freebies and he is ready to go.

I am planning on growing landrace strains next and I would like a 100% sativa or a 100% indica. i am thinking of Afghan for the indica and Kwazulu for the sativa.

in your opinion which one do you recon would make for a better flux?

Many thanks as always bud.

Hey LA, I posted this in my journal as well, but wanted you to see it here in case you don't get to my journal for awhile. The 4th node is formed and the 5th is starting. When do I top it to keep it low enough? Also, when can I trim off the other nodes below #4? Should I wait until I transplant this Friday?

UltraDan might I suggest not topping and then transplanting or the other way around too close together to avoid stressing your girl too much. If you are replanting on Friday then allow a couple of days for her to settle before the chop.

UltraDan :) ok buddy if were fluxing just pic a good structured node to flux from and then top at that node! Depending on which node you go at will determine the level you then pot up your girl at. :) So personally I'd top before the re potting!
Stress of topping and re potting is minimal! You then wait to see your two new points of growth are forming well, before stripping the lower growth away! :)
So yep get your flux on asap! :)

Jack Dabs :) ok with this training its more on the plant structure then actual strain etc. I'd be inclined to go for the indica but that's just me. As long as attention is paid either will give you good results! :) you want a good strong structure with not much stretch between nodes. Yet with regular opening of growing tips you get this anyhow :)

Dennise my friend all is now good as landlord been and gone so now its just re build everything and then run the MJ gauntlet later once dark :)

UltraDan :) ok buddy if were fluxing just pic a good structured node to flux from and then top at that node! Depending on which node you go at will determine the level you then pot up your girl at. :) So personally I'd top before the re potting!
Stress of topping and re potting is minimal! You then wait to see your two new points of growth are forming well, before stripping the lower growth away! :)
So yep get your flux on asap! :)

Would it be okay to top and repot within a day of each other? I went ahead and set my new pot up with soil/perlite last night (5 gal smartpot) and prewatered it. I was gonna repot tonight but might top instead and then repot tomorrow and give a light feed. Does this sound doable? Also, the second node from the bottom looks to be growing the strongest, is this okay to top at or should it be higher? Like say the 3rd or 4th?

Red line is where I am thinking of topping

IMG_0664291.JPG

An easy way to stall certain parts is to remove the first topmost fully open set of leaves, just below the growing tip. If you keep repeating this it stacks nodes and stalls stretching! :)

This is what must have happened with my plants, and must be the cause of my less then expected limb development. Note to self: lay off the pruning next round.

Ok hold on my friend!!!!!!!!
Your showing pics of the first node along from the main central flux joint (or T point). These are side sitting nodes that we want :) its the next along that we don't want . They sit under and over the main flux arms and prevent perfect flow :)
The fan leaves that correspond you leave till the nodal new growth that will become a branch l, has developed enough foliage to drive its own growth! :)

Heya LA .. what do you think, should I rename my journal or can I still call this a FLUX ? :)

IMG_20150128_163923.jpg

IMG_20150128_163940.jpg

I think that I know another reason for her size .. I use GLR .. that's 6 hours less growth daily .. great for creating SROG or SOG, but herbs, and probably FLUX-style cannabis, need a little more then 12 hours of light a day I guess.

Heya LA .. what do you think, should I rename my journal or can I still call this a FLUX ? :)

I think that I know another reason for her size .. I use GLR .. that's 6 hours less growth daily .. great for creating SROG or SOG, but herbs, and probably FLUX-style cannabis, need a little more then 12 hours of light a day I guess.

Nice work PlanetJ. I am also using GLR on my Fluxed girls. They will be fine under that routine if you stick with it.

PlanetJ, she still be a flux J, just not as we know it! :) I'm sorry about the plants structure my friend! I'm with MedFarmer, GLR shouldn't effect your plants structure in relation to the training style?? To me it seems the genetic makeup of your strain is just not best suited.
I dont claim to have all the answers yet with fluxing and strain suitability is clearly a key to factor in.
I did use kinking and bending of my limbs to promote better structure etc. Yet your girl just seems to have a willowy build to her, so me thinks your doing a grand job with less then a perfect fluxing candidate :)
Also remeber when going vert etc your colas sites will catch the wind from your fan and this will aid in the limb structure!

Hey MedFarmer, many thanks for the kind words ;) Its just what 420 is about :). If we all share openly and support one another we all benefit! I'm just glad you have found fluxing a good process. Hopefully like my other styles of training it just all leads to a better understanding of our wondrous plant through the time and attention spent!
I still have other plans to try and for my big record attempt (when I get round to it lol) The double fluxed waffle design of mine will indeed get a proper full tryout! I believe the DFW style will give me the biggest fluxed plant ever and yield magnificently! :)
Here is a very rough first attempt way back! I had to kill it off due to safety concerns! :(
20140201_121039.jpg
20140201_130429.jpg
20140215_200554.jpg
20140219_225418.jpg
20140227_185704.jpg
20140303_192600.jpg
20140303_192546.jpg

Back
Top Bottom