Life In The Day Of A Coco Grower

I was also thinking of setting my water pump up to a Wi-Fi plug as those are the only timers I have found that have can be set for any amount of times, any one used one?

I've used X10 which sends the commands over the power line.

Currently, I use Permanent Industries' "Multi Function Programmable Timer outlet Count Down on and off timer Infinite Loop timer in second timer outlet indoor outdoor min setting 1 second in loop timer controller" as it's described at the online malls. For $20 CAD you get a timer that you can set down to the second, one to three times per day. It's the most versatile off-the-shelf timer I've found.

Well I took a look at those times but decided on going for a Wi-Fi plug socket inatead, after a few goes I managed to connect it, turns on an off from my phone as well as on the timer so that's my veg tent sorted as I was turning it on and off by hand so now I can sleep in total darkness lol.

Managed to get myself a diy irrigation setup, already had a length of ice line pipe and a water pump, I'm going to try get a 50L flexi tank or hard plastic tank, I should get around 2-3 days feeding 6 plants and it's far easier for me to top up the tank rather than bending and kneeling down 3 times a day, I'm also going to use one of those Wi-Fi plugs as the main timer.

Well I took a look at those times but decided on going for a Wi-Fi plug socket inatead, after a few goes I managed to connect it, turns on an off from my phone as well as on the timer so that's my veg tent sorted as I was turning it on and off by hand so now I can sleep in total darkness lol.

Managed to get myself a diy irrigation setup, already had a length of ice line pipe and a water pump, I'm going to try get a 50L flexi tank or hard plastic tank, I should get around 2-3 days feeding 6 plants and it's far easier for me to top up the tank rather than bending and kneeling down 3 times a day, I'm also going to use one of those Wi-Fi plugs as the main timer.

Check out Canoe Barrels. I have a 60l I bought through Mountain Equipment Co-op. It cost $60 CAD + taxes, shipping was free. You may also be able to pick up a used drum of about the same size. Farmers get sheep dip, udder cleaner and other liquids in them. You just need to know what they originally held.

Well I will say one thing, @SeedsMan seed strains are absolutely unbelievable!

The only ever seeds strains I have had of theirs have been free and each seed has germinated successfully and grown with no problems, this is the second set of 3 free seeds I have received and germinated, their now in Root Riot Cubes.

So my Cheese is so strong smelling in hoping that will reflect both taste and potency, they have 31 days till chop day or I may be able to give them an extra week only if my other plants are near to switching to flower which will be the White Widow and other seeds when they arrive, still having problems with the blotching on the leaves so no idea what's going on.

I'm doing 10 plants with a good friend of mine in a 8*8 tent with some fast strains :yahoo:

- 20L fabric pots
- 50/50 coco/perlite mix
- Canna line with Roots Excel and Great White
- Drip Irrigation
- 2 Mars Hydro TS250's or TSL2000's
- 1 Double Ended 1000w hps or similar I will find out
- 8"x600mm Rhino Carbon Pro Filter with 1500cfm Acoustic Extractor fan
- 6"x600mm Rhino Carbon Pro Filter with 6" fan for intake

So I had my seeds germinating on top of this tent but when the lights went off the heat would drop quite a bit so I have stuck them on top of my T5 and it looks like it's benefiting the White Widow seedlings but I hope I don't overdo them, what temps do heat mats give off as I have one but never took much notice.

Clones are doing well with growth in so glad they didn't hit a phase where they would take a while to reveg back, I will top in a week or so as their is quite a few node sets produced already and the leaves still look to be producing trichomes and white hairs.

Even the heat mats get too warm. Too warm and you risk having the seed rot. A good way to mitigate that is have the mat on a timer 15 on 15 off. Or put some towels on top of the heat mat or even cardboard and set your seed trays on top of that. I like around 72-74 degrees

I use the top of my fridge or a cable box all the time. Works good. Lately I have been lazy and soaking 24 hours then paper towel for a day or two then plant into solo cups regardless if it cracked or not. Get pretty decent results usually.

Back
Top Bottom