Let’s Get Nuts: 1100w LED With UV & IR, 5x5x6fr, CO2, Build-Up

767A6873-CA74-4559-A454-F31AE70BBAB7.jpeg

Whew. Finally got the AC Infinity system installed. With a 6.3’ max height overhead things are tight up top, but temps are under control
Hey @ReservoirDog looks good.
Coming together well. :thumb:
Can you slide that pole closer to the door a foot.
That would let you raise your light 6 inches?

Stay safe
Bil

The AC Infinity ventilation system is working properly and there’s no issues with the tight install.

These lights, despite pulling Just under 1100 watts from the wall and 10 light bars housing over 2800 indiv. LEDs, run remarkably cool. I’m still pinching myself that the [non sponsor] manuf. who I bought from sent me a second light immediately after hearing that the original package was damaged and the light suffered minor superficial damage. It isn’t some low price janky item, it cost over $1k CAD, shipping and customs charges not incl., so I’m very grateful and pretty excited that my second, identical 5x5 that was meant to be a veg. and rare plant tent with 5000k shop lights will now be sporting such an advanced and efficient fixture.
AC Infinity has also been extraordinarily supportive. When I contacted them to constructively discuss my difficulty understanding that their advanced controller could only be ordered separately and after you’d already ordered a fan with a controller of some kind, and what changes they might consider to benefit future customers, they up and mailed me the advanced controller 67 for free as a thank you. Well, gosh, AC. Anyway, I flipped the motor cover on the 6” Cloudline fan 180deg. during install so you can see the brand name right side up. This was done out of appreciation for their own above and beyond show of gratitude that wasn’t necessary yet much appreciated. Somehow I doubt that a cranky diatribe would have resulted in the same way in either case.
02F93797-50C6-497C-910E-42A25315EAD6.jpeg

I’m still waiting for an AC Infinity draft valve for the ventilation system that automatically opens when the fan turns on, but closes all other times and will permit me to automatically vent when high heat events take place to avoid disaster but will otherwise keep the tent a closed system that can efficiently run co2. Speaking of…

7711FBC2-1312-4EA7-A742-F753096328B8.jpeg

Last piece of the co2 equip has arrived. I’ve decided to bring this vivosun branded regulator and my tank “Little Boy” to Crest Safety to have them attach. These can be finicky and leak out all your precious co2. I’ll try to get some quick training from them too on reattachment so I can safely grow into the systems complexities. Kinda exciting to jump into the deep end but don’t take it as a recommendation. I have a wide breadth of experience with marine systems of all kinds and outdoor growing experience plus babysitting a med sized ‘commercial’ hydro setup. I know I take steps carefully and don’t move on to another problem before having total confidence in my safe treatment and condition of the last one with safety measures in place to deal with potential catastrophes, however unlikely. “Embrace the journey and not the destination” isn’t just some eastern mystic mumbo jumbo. It will in fact keep you from blowing yourself up.

Hey @ReservoirDog looks good.
Coming together well. :thumb:
Can you slide that pole closer to the door a foot.
That would let you raise your light 6 inches?

Stay safe
Bil
Hey Bill, Hope yer well and making some progress on your rebuild… any kind, it’s all progress. This tent had to have its overall height at the far end (in this pic) dropped 3+ inches to fit inside the room with slanted ceilings. As a result there is this space above near end while far end is snug. So to keep light level with ground that’s all the height I’ve got. As for the AC ductwork, I was advised to keep any bends to a minimum to permit function of draft bulkhead flap and tents ductwork sleeves are placed just fwd of midline. This was the best compromise of all those factors but nothings ever written in stone. Thanks for supporting the journal Bill. How’s the weather? Have you ever grown THC bomb? I found a 2fer sale that also includes free seeds of GG4 or some other high thc sativa as freebie choices. “Bomb” is a high thc indica dominant, heavy yielder I believe.

Hey Bill, Hope yer well and making some progress on your rebuild… any kind, it’s all progress. This tent had to have its overall height at the far end (in this pic) dropped 3+ inches to fit inside the room with slanted ceilings. As a result there is this space above near end while far end is snug. So to keep light level with ground that’s all the height I’ve got. As for the AC ductwork, I was advised to keep any bends to a minimum to permit function of draft bulkhead flap and tents ductwork sleeves are placed just fwd of midline. This was the best compromise of all those factors but nothings ever written in stone. Thanks for supporting the journal Bill. How’s the weather? Have you ever grown THC bomb? I found a 2fer sale that also includes free seeds of GG4 or some other high thc sativa as freebie choices. “Bomb” is a high thc indica dominant, heavy yielder I believe.
That's right I remember the pics of the room before. :Namaste:
Minus 40 here when I got up this morning :eek: cold and snowy.
My first winter this far north.
So no work on the grow room until the snow melts.
I'm really enjoying the detail and personal touches in your journal. :thumb:
Thc bomb no sorry, I had a Gorilla Glue i got from Holland years ago.
That was the bomb, hehe.
But bushy omg trimming was a mess.
I still have a couple mason jars mmmmmm:ganjamon: I only smoke it before bed. :rofl:
I hav some @Herbies Seeds now that @Rexer gave me.
So I'm going to restart my genetics.
Once I'm running I do 100% clones.
That way I know what I'm getting.
No surprises.
And once I find something I like I'd run a full tent of it every 3-4 months. :lot-o-toke:
I cant wait to start rebuilding.

Stay safe
Bill

I put my hand up for the latest sponsored genetics journal grow-off. Definitely a dark horse being such a new member but every journey… 1st step… and all that, right folks? (*crickets*)

Omigosh this pump is a beast with only 2, 5” circular stones attached. That water is jumping half an inch from the surface. Yeesh… good thing there’s min. 4 stones on this pump. I’ve managed to really get the db profile down on this industrial 32w 6 nozzer, the long 1/4” ID silicone intake was key, and the 6 ft. runs to each indiv. stone, but last improvement was significant too, hanging by elastic cord from an aluminum workbench. Gonna say the elastic does more work than the aluminum but aluminum is well know for gobbling up vibration. Big relief anyway.
07CA953F-3B88-4247-9C08-4E363231687A.jpeg

Creative floor fan installation #1, directed at plant canopy and this ratchet setup facilitates quick height change while fan’s former “pitch” adjustment now operates a left to right direction adjustment. Needs 1 ratchet and two zip ties.
10BFCB1B-C7F7-44BF-ADF7-3A3E179F0971.jpeg

4096BFE8-A767-4986-A23F-79780BE00793.jpeg
There’s a couple of Amazon orders still staggering in across the finish line and I’m already sold on this one right out of the box. It’s powered by 4 aa batteries, my rechargeables are lasting fine in there, and it makes for an awesome transfer pump for reservoir changes. It’s designed for jerrycans and has adaptors to screw right on to those and even has a full-cutoff optical sensor in it to prevent you making a mess. There is a cheaper one without the cutoff tech and uses 2 aa batteries. I keep this huge reservoir made from rotoformed plastic like kayaks and those bombproof camera boxes Pelican makes. It’s designed for sump pumps and I bought two, 33$ each at Lowe’s. I still need to get a silver marker and measure/mark out volumes but there’s no way I’m putting both of these underground, not yet anyway. I just figured how good they’ll be for off gassing my tap water and I’ll use the 1/4 hp sump pump I detailed on page 1 or 2 to mix up the nutes, then bish bash with my handy transfer pump, into the rez it goes.
2C0C6D1E-0E42-4805-878A-9009E749FF70.jpeg

6BA8B46C-0286-4100-9A94-C376991B0F63.jpeg

A reminder that we’re looking at all this junk cause we’re playing “How much money did ReservoirDog waste?”. See, after spending enough on Amazon to cover Jeff Bezos’ high octane fuel bill, I figured I’d undertake an effort in self shaming by listing it all here so others could tell me what a tool I am, and, more usefully and less obviously, report which items went unused and why, or were such big a phaff as to seem worthless even if they work.

In this case I’m hoping to avoid using this rock wool for propagation but don’t have a solution yet for something that will transfer well to net cups filled with hydroton (aerated clay) marbles. I’ve got 2 “ foam for my DIY auto cloner but that doesn’t fully solve the problem because people prop-ing those still use a pinch of rockwool… and I hate rockwool. You can’t dry it out and it has no moisture or temp layering to take advantage of. Anyway…. ‘hopefully’ this one was a waste, but no doubt I’ll use it outside if not in. Next is a kinda odd one…
rapid rooter cubes I started off using rockwool and hated it too. You can plant em in dirt or put them in your net pots with hydroton as I do. Enjoying the set up, as I am waiting for warmer weather to start my hydro gardens.

So, nutes. I went with the conservative choices, and bought both liquid and solid-soluble forms. This powder in pic looks to be the most economical of the two by far, while both forms definitely have a lot of fans out there in the Mary Jane growers world. This brand seems a decent cost effective choice for hobbyists, although cheaper and better are avail, just not to me in Canada. I'm sure I'll need more sooner than I want to so opps for testing brands should come along. I plan to supplement my mushroom substrate with it also so as to simplify it and tailor for fungi type.

Look at the insane P and K numbers on that kool bloom on the right. Its only for the last 1-2 weeks of feeding tho - so just about killing it is kinda the point. Good thing too. See liquid nutes in next entry.

5D359790-275A-4DE2-AE1B-B90049359A62.jpeg
I've never used dry Kool Bloom but have used the liquid version. 1. I had to lower the normal amount of PH down when Kool Bloom in use. 2. At maximum nute levels in flower adding near maximum Kool Bloom caused some burning. I never had that happen before following the GH suggestions.

I've never used dry Kool Bloom but have used the liquid version. 1. I had to lower the normal amount of PH down when Kool Bloom in use. 2. At maximum nute levels in flower adding near maximum Kool Bloom caused some burning. I never had that happen before following the GH suggestions.
thnx for both of these... have filed away for immed reference when the rubber hits the road here real soon. So with RR plugs, they just eventually dissolve into peat flecks and do not cause any y`all grief in the system.(question) I`m going to be runnin drippers until my roots hit splashdown, is it likely they will get blocked up and I`ll just have to accept it and just watch real close and clean out blockages or should I be shooting for a clean stage there (my keyboard is farked, wont let me make question marks this morning) Welcome to the journal gwhunran, we`re about to switch from build out to grow journal when my beans get here. Thanks again for this.

thnx for both of these... have filed away for immed reference when the rubber hits the road here real soon. So with RR plugs, they just eventually dissolve into peat flecks and do not cause any y`all grief in the system.(question) I`m going to be runnin drippers until my roots hit splashdown, is it likely they will get blocked up and I`ll just have to accept it and just watch real close and clean out blockages or should I be shooting for a clean stage there (my keyboard is farked, wont let me make question marks this morning) Welcome to the journal gwhunran, we`re about to switch from build out to grow journal when my beans get here. Thanks again for this.
The best way to describe RR plugs, sponge impregnated with stuff good for roots. The base of the plant pretty much breaks it up. It won't have any effect on your water/pumps.

94C1DBB5-4F6D-4904-8557-242E927F0D32.jpeg

I took gwhunran’s advice on prop. methods and supplies. I’ll drop the beans in these, then drop these into some plastic cubes seedling trays and drop’em in here
808C6861-0814-463F-9B2C-26C1986F3AF1.jpeg
until they’ve made a good strong entrance. I recently ordered some Gibberalic acid, a natural seed germinator and plant hormone as well as some Indole-3-butyric rooting hormone with a thought of creating my own germination ‘pods’ but being totally new to the dark arts of coaxing new life from the seed I think I’ll do some experiments with the substances when they arrive and use these store bought thingies for my seeds. It appears that the seeds I ordered are not going to arrive and a small conflict has arisen with the supplier as a result. I’m disappointed and having spent 250$ on seeds that don’t seem to be forthcoming … I’m also tapped out. I don’t have an income at present so this is putting a kink in my plans but I’ll find a way to get ahold of some decent genetics ASAP, fear not! This project was funded at least in part by an outside investor familiar with my cultivation practices in a ‘former life’ and wishing to assist in my ‘physiotherapy’ convinced me to finally scare up a decent indoor hydro op, bless her. I must say that it is having a positive impact physically and otherwise, but let’s keep that between us or her head is likely to swell and become insufferable.

94C1DBB5-4F6D-4904-8557-242E927F0D32.jpeg

I took gwhunran’s advice on prop. methods and supplies. I’ll drop the beans in these, then drop these into some plastic cubes seedling trays and drop’em in here
808C6861-0814-463F-9B2C-26C1986F3AF1.jpeg
until they’ve made a good strong entrance. I recently ordered some Gibberalic acid, a natural seed germinator and plant hormone as well as some Indole-3-butyric rooting hormone with a thought of creating my own germination ‘pods’ but being totally new to the dark arts of coaxing new life from the seed I think I’ll do some experiments with the substances when they arrive and use these store bought thingies for my seeds. It appears that the seeds I ordered are not going to arrive and a small conflict has arisen with the supplier as a result. I’m disappointed and having spent 250$ on seeds that don’t seem to be forthcoming … I’m also tapped out. I don’t have an income at present so this is putting a kink in my plans but I’ll find a way to get ahold of some decent genetics ASAP, fear not! This project was funded at least in part by an outside investor familiar with my cultivation practices in a ‘former life’ and wishing to assist in my ‘physiotherapy’ convinced me to finally scare up a decent indoor hydro op, bless her. I must say that it is having a positive impact physically and otherwise, but let’s keep that between us or her head is likely to swell and become insufferable.
Anyone can clearly see your enjoying this.
Positive vibes breed Positive results. :thumb:
We all owe her a Thankyou.
It's a ball ,every day is like Christmas seeing what your getting next.
Sorry about the beans Amigo. :(
I've got high hopes for new ones.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom