Lady Gaea’s: A Tale Of Two Mauis, With Doc Bud’s High Brix Kit

How do you like that Pan Jam? I have been wanting to pick up a pack of that. I have their prayer pupil and lambs pupil but that Pan Jam and Deadly Sativa look fascinating to me!

I harvested some lower branches for cobbing and left a little to dry. So dried with no cure, everyone commented on the flavor, and it has a in the head high with a touch of narcotic feel. Did not notice any body type of high/stoned, lost the one in veg but have 8 more seeds of it.

The only somewhat negative thing is she is kind of leafy which made trimming more of a pain. ( I wet trimmed them this round, including the sugar leaves.)

I have been doing my plants in the slow and low for about 8-10 plants now and haven't had any mold off any that is done that way. I find about 2 weeks in the fridge is killer and gets the bud pretty close to an acceptable level to cure.
Awesome, thanks Van! I’ll need to get me a mini fridge or something... that branch of Panama sure made my fridge smell good! But my wife wasn’t too happy... kinda had to put the branch of Panama in there to make sure it didn’t get too dry too fast since it was for a cob. Speaking of, need to open that today and check it out. Smoked a small chunk last week, only a week into it and it seemed peppery on my throat... bit harsh but the high was different form the flower. The flower when smoked for the first time of the day, gives me a good rush, energy and really gets my mind moving. Then the second time I smoke the flower same day I tend to get a bit more tired but still a great buzz. The Cob was a smoother high, less of a jolt at first and not near as racy but still a good high. I like them both... will try eating some after it’s cured a bit.

The Panama cob was sweated for 24hrs @ 104 no moisture so I put it back in bag @84 for the last week. Not sure when I need to put it in a jar for cure... need to do more reading.

I harvested some lower branches for cobbing and left a little to dry. So dried with no cure, everyone commented on the flavor, and it has a in the head high with a touch of narcotic feel. Did not notice any body type of high/stoned, lost the one in veg but have 8 more seeds of it.

The only somewhat negative thing is she is kind of leafy which made trimming more of a pain. ( I wet trimmed them this round, including the sugar leaves.)
I think the real leafy strains are strain that I will cob up larger portions. I hate trimming any more than I need to!

I do both....cobs are completely different and probably aren't a good thing to compare to slow and low. If you have the means to do cobs, please do. They are a great way of avoiding any mold all together and change up your smoke. Cobs smoked are different in my opinion from the normal flower. I kind of bounce back and forth between the two. I think Cobs are more potent.

Eating the cobs is completely different and I haven't been able to really play around with it as much as I would like to, but I intend to try some more this week. For now smoking is my preferred method of using cobs.

Thanks Stank! I'll have to get a few things but think I'll give it a go one of these times. Is it safe to assume that some are doing indicas or does it have to be sativa? We don't necessarily need stronger stuff and what we have is smooth but it can't hurt to be smoother.

Anybody vaping :volcano-smiley:cobs?

I think for the edible aspect, sativas are probably a good idea. I have done hybrids and and indicas (just haven't had a chance to try it yet). Smoke wise, I don't think it changes the effects much from the flower version....I think it just intensifies it. I am hoping that the Northern Lights cob will be dynamite night time sleep meds. I intend to use it as I would an indica......but I expect it to be a more pronounced indica high.

Gummies are chillin'. Cross your fingers! I hope they gel right!:battingeyelashes: Pic's an hopefully a recipe to share shortly. :slide:

Thanks m’Lady - on prepping to postvthe gummy recipe :)

I always like to dose my meal individually. This way you can eat as much as you want!

You saying that a bit recently has encouraged me to do the same. I already use a dropper so Ive started putting my dose in my meals sometimes and because we eat a lot of olive oil in our cooking, it always goes well and tastes delish! It’s such an excellent way to do it with food because everyone can choos the amount to put in for themselves :)

Oh - and that linguine sounds totally delectable... and versatile too! :yummy:
:Namaste:

Hiya Lady G,

I saw your recipe for fettucini alfredo, read the directions, and thought "Man, I gotta get to this lady's kitchen!!" Any empty chairs around the table? lol
Good Luck with your job apps out. Cya

Thanks m’Lady - on prepping to postvthe gummy recipe :)

You saying that a bit recently has encouraged me to do the same. I already use a dropper so Ive started putting my dose in my meals sometimes and because we eat a lot of olive oil in our cooking, it always goes well and tastes delish! It’s such an excellent way to do it with food because everyone can choos the amount to put in for themselves :)

Oh - and that linguine sounds totally delectable... and versatile too! :yummy:
Oh great! I hope the dosing helps you. I've been starting to feel pretty optimistic that this new drug, the cannabis dosing , and cream has me feeling functional again with no steroids!

Awesome if it can do what you need without steroids :slide:

I’m enjoying my new approach - I had to take a risk to try ingesting again and I’m so glad I did. I’ve been doing CBD oil dosing for about a year or so on & off, but under the tongue - oil tincture style. This putting it in my food or a beverage is better, by far. And the new addition of a high THC oil for pain has been a revelation - not stoned, just relaxed and almost completely pain free. Only lasts 2-3hours once it kicks in so I’m working out timings now...

Do you think you’ve been flarey recently because you’re off the canna while you job hunt? (Honestly, :rolleyes: nobody tests people to see if they happen to drink wine with dinner every night!!)

Hiya Lady G,

I saw your recipe for fettucini alfredo, read the directions, and thought "Man, I gotta get to this lady's kitchen!!" Any empty chairs around the table? lol
Good Luck with your job apps out. Cya

Thanks Bode! Ha-ha! We have company quite often. You are most welcome!

Awesome if it can do what you need without steroids :slide:

I’m enjoying my new approach - I had to take a risk to try ingesting again and I’m so glad I did. I’ve been doing CBD oil dosing for about a year or so on & off, but under the tongue - oil tincture style. This putting it in my food or a beverage is better, by far. And the new addition of a high THC oil for pain has been a revelation - not stoned, just relaxed and almost completely pain free. Only lasts 2-3hours once it kicks in so I’m working out timings now...

Do you think you’ve been flarey recently because you’re off the canna while you job hunt? (Honestly, :rolleyes: nobody tests people to see if they happen to drink wine with dinner every night!!)

I actually just stopped the cannabis only a few days ago. The new RA drug is working for about 85% of the swelling and pain. The cannabis cream is helping end of day when I hurt most. That won't be enough to trigger a drug test. I thought I was starting to flare when I saw the end of day swelling last week, but it doesn't last long and has not gotten worse! I managed to walk a bit last week at the concert and was amazed I wasn't messed up after it. Positive stuff!

That’s great it wasn’t a full flare :thumb:
Sweet relief this magical plant. I’be actually started working out adjusting my dose timing so it corresponds with a meal ;)
I got really really depressed. I thought...here we go again. I was working a lot of OT. I think I just over did it. Big reason why I need to get out of that job.

Hi all! Here is my gummy recipe! Enjoy!

Please be careful when making a new batch of any edible. Take a nibble and wait 45 minutes. Unless you have a lab test your edible, your not going to know for certain how much THC is in there. The effects can take 20-45 minutes to hit and peak, and can be affected plus or minus with what you have or don’t have in your stomach. It really sucks to over do it on an edible. The effects can last for hours and will seem like years when you are too high! It is especially important to be cautious if you are new to edibles. Micro dosing of 1-2 mg might be the smart way to go for the inexperienced. I’m not looking for a high with my edibles. I have a chronic illness, so for me, micro dosing is the way to go. Don’t get me wrong, I like a nice vape session when I’m in the mood to relax and I don’t have to go anywhere!

That said…there are a lot of cannabis dosing calculators out there. I like Corinne’s from the Wake and Bake site for ease of use. I also have a spreadsheet with the formula saved.

I use 1 ounce of cannabis in 2 cups of Everclear or Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) whenever I make oil or tincture. That amount runs perfectly in my Magical Butter machine.

For the sake of this recipe, let’s assume that I’ve infused 28 grams of decarbed cannabis, which reports to have 20% THC in 2 cups of Everclear alcohol. If I used 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoon of this finished tincture (10.5 teaspoons), I would have 612.50 THC mg for the total recipe below. That is 4.0833 mg THC per gummy, for my yield of 150.

I actually used non-psychotropic hemp CBD oil this time, since I anticipate a pre-employment drug test soon. To test my gummy recipe, it’s a perfect sub for the taste and firmness of THC gummies…think of them as Virgin Gummies ! LOL…:rofl:

Cherry Gummy Recipe

Yield: about 10 ounces liquid – approx. 150 2mL gummies

3/4 cup of tart cherry juice

2 tablespoons unflavored grass fed beef gelatin

one 3 ounce package of cherry Jell-O

1 tablespoon of honey

1-1/2 teaspoon of citric acid

3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons of cannabis oil or tincture desired

½ teaspoon liquid lecithin

Stir the cherry juice, cannabis tincture, honey, and citric acid in a heatproof bowl. The bowl will need to be able to sit over a pan of simmering water without touching the water. Use a double boiler if you have one.

Sprinkle…don’t dump, the gelatin and Jell-O over the liquid evenly. I stirred this with a fork. It will get thick. Let this sit for 5 minutes for the gelatin to bloom. I brought a small pan with a couple of inches of water in the bottom to a simmer and put the bowl over this. Stir until the gelatins fully dissolve. Turn off the heat, but keep the bowl over the hot water. To check, dip a spoon in it and run your finger along the back of the spoon to ensure there are no granules left. Add the lecithin and whisk it well. You are ready to use it. I used a squeeze dropper that came with my gummy pan. It worked like a champ!

I kept my small pan of gelatin over the water to keep it viscous as I worked with it. I just put the pan on an oven mitt at my workstation. I stirred it ever once in a while.

Important! You don’t want to heat the gelatin too much or it won’t firm up quite right. Gelatin firms as is cools, not if it is cooked more.

Back
Top Bottom