Lady Gaea’s: A Tale Of Two Mauis, With Doc Bud’s High Brix Kit

Hey farmer! I don’t thInk you’ll run out of anything during your first grow with a regular kit. In fact I’m sure of it. I’m also sure the bulk kit is way super value so if you can afford it all in one hit, I’d do that if it were me.

I will say - both LadyG and I forgot to add leaf wash, it’s a seperate product to the kit, and we both regretted that! So add leaf wash when you order! If you’re buying a standard kit (ie not bulk) sometimes people buy extra transplant drench, but I’m not sure how long it takes before they’re into that second bottle. I haven’t grown enough with the kit to know that.

There’s many experienced brix misfits coming g through here so I’m sure someone will confirm or clarify soon enough!

:Namaste:
Thank you!!!!! I've been through many Brix Journals waiting for a long time to order hehe.

Bulk Kit ordered!!!!! Foliar spray included.

Hey @FutRfarmer! You made the right move with the bulk kit. I order a lot of transplant and GE. You should be set for at least a year, maybe more depending on how many plants you grow at a time. How many? Do you have a journal? If not, start one, put a link in your Sig and post on a bunch of HB journals, especially docs Q&A. You're gonna love the kit!

Hey lady, Should I order the bulk kit for my first run? any recommendations as to what to order to make sure I don't run out of any product in mid grow
What you use most of is the TP and the GE. You shouldn't run out of anything on your first go around unless you doing a ton of plants. I'm sure one of the seasoned Brixers know better than I. I ordered TP and GE and have not broken into them yet. I also picked up the Snake OIl. I have not got the leaf wash, but will likely get that soon. Congrats on the new place! How exciting! I wish you the best of health and good fortune in your abode!:hug:

Hey @FutRfarmer! You made the right move with the bulk kit. I order a lot of transplant and GE. You should be set for at least a year, maybe more depending on how many plants you grow at a time. How many? Do you have a journal? If not, start one, put a link in your Sig and post on a bunch of HB journals, especially docs Q&A. You're gonna love the kit!
Ha ha! There you go @FutRfarmer ! I did not scroll down! Thanks @weenmeoff !!:hug:

Bulk Kit ordered!!!!! Foliar spray included.
:cheer: You will love it..use it for your veggies too! Can't wait to have a garden again. This time next year I should! :cheer:

Hello, and allow me to introduce myself.... I AM ( not batman) the BIL... LOL looking forward to your grow Lady... I am hoping to add some Hawaiian strains to my perpetual in the beginning of the year so hope you dont mind if I tag along... I wont take up much space, I will just sit by the frig for now.... LOL just ate dont worry.... HAGD

Oh yay! Welcome BB Fan! I promise it will be more interesting soon! Been working OT and I am ready for folks at work to use up their vacation time so things won't be so hectic! We are all pretty excited for some Hawaiian ladies!

Good late morning to ya Lady, s , and Green day... Hey wanted to let you know that the BIL finally got his perpetual thread off the ground.. He is also gonna include Outdoor to finish... He is also really busy, but real close to our outdoor SOOOOO.. His thread is in my sig..... Green days.... and to all.. .PS anyone is welcome...
Hiya MH! I will check it out! :)

Hiya all! Better late then never today! I'm here! Finally got the pain cream made. I need to thicken it up just a little more. It's runny at room temp...granted it is warm. It solidified in the fridge pretty well. I will check the "in fridge" and "out of fridge" samples tomorrow and add to it. It's not far off. It absorbs really nicely and quickly with no oily sheen!:thumb: No real pot smell that lingers. Of all times not to have anything really hurt so that I can really test it!:rofl:

The girls are almost dry enough for the TP. I will check in the morning. I need to get pics up too of the kids and the pain cream process.

I'm enjoying a little relaxing CBD Therapy and am going to pass right out for the night. I have a bloodletting tomorrow morning before work...Ahhhh the joys of being a human lab rat:hmmmm:

I have a bloodletting tomorrow morning before work...Ahhhh the joys of being a human lab rat:hmmmm:

.... Kindred Spirits... I am going to Doc at 10 am.... Only way I can get a full day off these days... How u ask, well I just fake a faint after bloodletting, Bam Drs Note... LOL Gotta work with what ya got right... Green and Fingers crossed day my friend...

.... Kindred Spirits... I am going to Doc at 10 am.... Only way I can get a full day off these days... How u ask, well I just fake a faint after bloodletting, Bam Drs Note... LOL Gotta work with what ya got right... Green and Fingers crossed day my friend...
Good luck! Happy Thursday!

Hi all! It was an early morn' and late night again for me! It's been a week! I am glad the girls are still little and don't require a lot of effort on my part! Here is a bit of what I have been working on this week :) A work in progress still...but...progress!

Lady Gaea’s first attempt at pain cream!

Ingredients:

18 g super lemon haze sativa flower, decarbed

8 ounces of organic pumpkin seed oil

4 ounces of food grade organic sweet almond oil

4 ounces of organic grape seed oil

36 g bee’s wax

22 g Shea butter

22 g cocoa butter

I decarbed my flower in my Nova. I was able to fit 18g into the container, so that is what I used. I wish they would make a bigger model!

I processed the 3 liquid oils with the SLH flower in my Magical Butter machine set it at the 160 degree setting for 4 hours and then again for 2 more hours, for a total of 6 hours.

I strained the infused oil through the provided MB2e sock, and then again through several layers of cheesecloth. I set that bowl aside.

In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan with a few inches simmering water, I melted the bee’s wax, cocoa butter, and Shea butter together, stirring all the while. Once the water comes to a simmer, you want to shut the burner off. These all will melt at very low temps. Hey…that’s how they get to where it hurts! Body temperature! We want to marry these ingredients together first for the optimum results, though!

FYI… High temperatures can destroy the health benefits of these beneficial fats! You took great care in growing your medicine and selecting the best ingredients for your medicine…don’t "F" it up by destroying what they offer. Please don’t use a microwave! It melts too unevenly and it’s too easy to overheat your ingredients by creating hot spots.

I added in the cannabis oil to the melted solid fats and wax and it made the oil mixture start to solidify unevenly. That’s expected! The coolness of the cannabis oil started to cause the wax and butter mixture start to solidify. I had turned off the simmering water, but it was still warm enough to melt them all together nicely.

I took the bowl of my oils, butters, and wax off the heat once uniformly combined and waited for the bowl to cool slightly. I then added my essential oils and mixed thoroughly. I poured the mix into small glass containers and waited for the results!

Results….I wanted a more firm product. I am going to tweak it over the next couple of days by adding some more cocoa butter and Shea butter. Not much is needed. I will post the final recipe when I’m done. I also want to throw some in the mixer and whip it…whip it good! Ha-ha!

I actually want something to really hurt on my body to try it! That opportunity will come this weekend when I clean on Sat and cook on Sun for guests! I think this actually proves that I have a screw loose…well…if the shoe fits…:p

What have I have found? Not greasy, absorbs well, very little scent of cannabis at first, and no smell at all within minutes. Nice soft skin with no oily sheen! It’s hot here. At an average room temp of 78 degrees F, it’s runny like a natural peanut butter on a hot day. In the fridge it’s like a soft fudge mix.

More to come as I tweak the texture and the scent additions, and a report when I have a pain that I know a pill won’t even touch!

Here are some pics of the process...

REP HAMMER!

Beautiful ‘cook’ m‘Lady :bravo::thanks:

...laying it all out with informative pics and great description. I need to up my game in this department, but have been super nervous to add the butters etc. - I’m not much good in the kitchen. This helps :thumb:
If you can build a light and an environment...you can handle the kitchen Lady Gardner! I have no doubt! ;)

:eek: I’m a Lady! :slide:

Seriously, I’ve never been good in the kitchen, but I’ve managed to get the oils happening ok (I needed a lot of handholding to get it going though, just ask Sue, and my partner ;) ). Thankfully my other is completely superb in the kitchen - not so much on the building of things tho, so it’s a perfect match. If it were just for me, i’d Stick to the oil, I like it - but I want to gift it, so butter it is. I’m also going to take a lead from you here and adjust some pumpkin seed into the mix - it’s odd because elsewhere on site, i’ve read that grapeseed is the great absorber, and others say not so much, like Magnus8 - and he’d know! SO i’ll take the pumpkin seed oil tip and incorporate it. I could actually just make a new batch with that and add it to what I have ...couldn’t I? :idea:

:eek: I’m a Lady! :slide:

Seriously, I’ve never been good in the kitchen, but I’ve managed to get the oils happening ok (I needed a lot of handholding to get it going though, just ask Sue, and my partner ;) ). Thankfully my other is completely superb in the kitchen - not so much on the building of things tho, so it’s a perfect match. If it were just for me, i’d Stick to the oil, I like it - but I want to gift it, so butter it is. I’m also going to take a lead from you here and adjust some pumpkin seed into the mix - it’s odd because elsewhere on site, i’ve read that grapeseed is the great absorber, and others say not so much, like Magnus8 - and he’d know! SO i’ll take the pumpkin seed oil tip and incorporate it. I could actually just make a new batch with that and add it to what I have ...couldn’t I? :idea:
I like the pumpkin seed oil a lot. There are lot's of great oils to experiment with. I tested each of the butters and oils by rubbing into different areas on my arm. They all have their own benefits and attributes. You could definitely multipurpose you use of the oils. Have fun discovering!

The kids got their first TP drench tonight. The two oldest are at 4 weeks now, and the young one was 5 days earlier. They are strong! I'll post pics tomorrow. I could have waited a week, but they showed explosive growth. I just went with it. I dunked them in a mix of 1 ounce of TP in 2.5 gallons of water with 1/2 tsp of Tea.

I still need to tweak my pain cream recipe and prep for a diet change this weekend. I'm making steak chili and turkey bone broth for the freezer.

Night Y'all!

Finished the pain cream. I added and additional 10 g of bee's wax, Shea butter, and cocoa butter. For fragrance I used lavender, frankincense, myrrh, sandalwood, and ylang ylang. No one scent stands out really. It just smells faintly earthy floral. My shoulder hurts, so I am going to rub that in and run out to do errands...:ciao:

Hi all! It was an early morn' and late night again for me! It's been a week! I am glad the girls are still little and don't require a lot of effort on my part! Here is a bit of what I have been working on this week :) A work in progress still...but...progress!

Lady Gaea’s first attempt at pain cream!

Ingredients:

18 g super lemon haze sativa flower, decarbed

8 ounces of organic pumpkin seed oil

4 ounces of food grade organic sweet almond oil

4 ounces of organic grape seed oil

36 g bee’s wax

22 g Shea butter

22 g cocoa butter

I decarbed my flower in my Nova. I was able to fit 18g into the container, so that is what I used. I wish they would make a bigger model!

I processed the 3 liquid oils with the SLH flower in my Magical Butter machine set it at the 160 degree setting for 4 hours and then again for 2 more hours, for a total of 6 hours.

I strained the infused oil through the provided MB2e sock, and then again through several layers of cheesecloth. I set that bowl aside.

In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan with a few inches simmering water, I melted the bee’s wax, cocoa butter, and Shea butter together, stirring all the while. Once the water comes to a simmer, you want to shut the burner off. These all will melt at very low temps. Hey…that’s how they get to where it hurts! Body temperature! We want to marry these ingredients together first for the optimum results, though!

FYI… High temperatures can destroy the health benefits of these beneficial fats! You took great care in growing your medicine and selecting the best ingredients for your medicine…don’t "F" it up by destroying what they offer. Please don’t use a microwave! It melts too unevenly and it’s too easy to overheat your ingredients by creating hot spots.

I added in the cannabis oil to the melted solid fats and wax and it made the oil mixture start to solidify unevenly. That’s expected! The coolness of the cannabis oil started to cause the wax and butter mixture start to solidify. I had turned off the simmering water, but it was still warm enough to melt them all together nicely.

I took the bowl of my oils, butters, and wax off the heat once uniformly combined and waited for the bowl to cool slightly. I then added my essential oils and mixed thoroughly. I poured the mix into small glass containers and waited for the results!

Results….I wanted a more firm product. I am going to tweak it over the next couple of days by adding some more cocoa butter and Shea butter. Not much is needed. I will post the final recipe when I’m done. I also want to throw some in the mixer and whip it…whip it good! Ha-ha!

I actually want something to really hurt on my body to try it! That opportunity will come this weekend when I clean on Sat and cook on Sun for guests! I think this actually proves that I have a screw loose…well…if the shoe fits…:p

What have I have found? Not greasy, absorbs well, very little scent of cannabis at first, and no smell at all within minutes. Nice soft skin with no oily sheen! It’s hot here. At an average room temp of 78 degrees F, it’s runny like a natural peanut butter on a hot day. In the fridge it’s like a soft fudge mix.

More to come as I tweak the texture and the scent additions, and a report when I have a pain that I know a pill won’t even touch!

Here are some pics of the process...

You're the best!

Back
Top Bottom