Lady Gaea’s: A Tale Of Two Mauis, With Doc Bud’s High Brix Kit

Okay we are on point here, and that potato salad recipe...mmmmmmmmmmm...another one I saved. Now can I add chick peas and green peas to that or would that make it too pea pea...hahahaha.
Oooooo! I like that chick pea idea! Awesome healthy addition! Why not?

BBQ sauce was on point Lady!!!!! Thanks for sharing I let the swordfish sit in it for a few hours then brushed right as I took it off the grill! Very nice, My wife thanks you also:welldone:
Perfect! Yup! I always give a last brush on BBQ and broiled glazes just before taking away! So glad you liked it!

How lucky are we that you are a culinary cultivator? My brain wants to try it all. :Namaste:
My budget slaps me in the face with reality. :eek:
Sadly...I do spend a small fortune on food. When we move I will invest in a large chest freezer and get a meat share. I'll also be growing a lot of my own veggies seasonally to freeze and jar....and salad greens year round. Oh...and chickens for eggs. :)

This prob isn't up to your home made standards, but they sell the olive garden salad dressing and that sh!t is good!
I'm always up for trying pre-made stuff. I actually avoid it also because I can make it cheaper myself!

Ok Sis, I am on lunch break so I gotta post this recipe before I forget it.... This is a relatively smaller recipe, kinda like a sauce or salad, but It IS so AWESOME.. My G-friend at work made this... Might have to mess around and make a regular squeeze outta her...LMAO..

..... Hempy Sweet Pepper Bacon, I know just hear me out as I just had the most bestest of sands for lunch...
First the sand, Sun Dried Tomato Turkey on a Spinach wrap... Lettuce, tomato, and bacon ( extra )
Now I like mine crisp, so adjust this to your consistency liking on the bacon...

..... 1 lbs of Thick Cut Apple Bacon ( Thick cut only important thing)
..... 1/4 cup of Infused Butter, Brown Sugar
..... Garlic to taste ( Granulated or chopped fresh best, and I used 1 tbsp.)
..... Cumin powder to taste ( I used 1 tsp)
..... Pepper Grinder as coarse is best
..... 1 tbsp of Orange Marmalade ( Citrus fruit Zest would work )

..... Start by heating oven to 375.. While oven is pre-heating combine all ingredients other than Bacon together in an appropriate sized mixing dish... Next line a 9x13 baking sheet with thick Foil... Double up cheap stuff for success.... Make sure that you leave excess outside of pan so you can fold it up to collect extra grease...Line sheet with bacon lapped over each other by 1/8 inch or so on Foil.... Place bacon in oven un covered for approx 10 minutes or until the bacon is into shrinking stage.... At this point drain fat, and return to oven for approx 5 to 7 minutes... At this point I must tell ya a couple of things. 1.) Electric Ovens vary. ( Sorry just being descriptive) and 2.) Gas is faster than Electric.. Same disclaimer...
..... Next Drain again.... With a silicon paint brush brush top of bacon with sauce, and place in a reduced heat oven... I would start a 275 degrees at first and go down... The idea at this point is low and slow... Place in oven and check at 5 mins.. Drain flip, and grind fresh pepper to your liking onto Bacon, continue this process including brushing until the doneness you require is achieved.. By this point the bacon should be firm, but chewy and caramelized.. Do not be afraid to dump the rest of sauce on bacon on last flip... Allow to sit for appropriate time for your usage....
Total cooking time should be around 40 to 45 minutes... Less is more it would seem....
..... Enjoy..... And remember that this is a great tasting recipe, but also very adaptable and user friendly....

.....Green Days Sis, and I will post later on @Bonsaiweed recipe thread later... Thanks... AAANnnnnnndddd back to work LOL

Sadly...I do spend a small fortune on food. When we move I will invest in a large chest freezer and get a meat share. I'll also be growing a lot of my own veggies seasonally to freeze and jar....and salad greens year round. Oh...and chickens for eggs. :)
I close on my house monday!!! were in the country on 4 acres, I also intend on having a large garden and chickens.

We just looked at a place out in Ashby.....on about 5 acres. Too bad the additional bedrooms weren't shoe boxes or we might have made an offer. It has a huge solar panel array that would allow me to grow to my hearts content.....but sadly the basement was too short for my 10x10 tent. Ah well....we will find a place eventually!

I close on my house monday!!! were in the country on 4 acres, I also intend on having a large garden and chickens.
Congrats!! Sounds perfect for you!! So exciting! I can't wait! May you have many happy years there!:green_heart:

We just looked at a place out in Ashby.....on about 5 acres. Too bad the additional bedrooms weren't shoe boxes or we might have made an offer. It has a huge solar panel array that would allow me to grow to my hearts content.....but sadly the basement was too short for my 10x10 tent. Ah well....we will find a place eventually!
Ashby is nice! Wait to find the right fit! It will come along.:)

Just wanted to drop by my favourite lady journal and sip some Vdrinks with you. :green_heart:
Hallooo! Just finished up work. Took a bit of work home. Trying to catch up. Think I am...for now. You are just in time! Was just going to medicate a bit and check on my kids in the tent. :passitleft::ciao:

Ok Sis, I am on lunch break so I gotta post this recipe before I forget it.... This is a relatively smaller recipe, kinda like a sauce or salad, but It IS so AWESOME.. My G-friend at work made this... Might have to mess around and make a regular squeeze outta her...LMAO..

..... Hempy Sweet Pepper Bacon, I know just hear me out as I just had the most bestest of sands for lunch...
First the sand, Sun Dried Tomato Turkey on a Spinach wrap... Lettuce, tomato, and bacon ( extra )
Now I like mine crisp, so adjust this to your consistency liking on the bacon...

..... 1 lbs of Thick Cut Apple Bacon ( Thick cut only important thing)
..... 1/4 cup of Infused Butter, Brown Sugar
..... Garlic to taste ( Granulated or chopped fresh best, and I used 1 tbsp.)
..... Cumin powder to taste ( I used 1 tsp)
..... Pepper Grinder as coarse is best
..... 1 tbsp of Orange Marmalade ( Citrus fruit Zest would work )

..... Start by heating oven to 375.. While oven is pre-heating combine all ingredients other than Bacon together in an appropriate sized mixing dish... Next line a 9x13 baking sheet with thick Foil... Double up cheap stuff for success.... Make sure that you leave excess outside of pan so you can fold it up to collect extra grease...Line sheet with bacon lapped over each other by 1/8 inch or so on Foil.... Place bacon in oven un covered for approx 10 minutes or until the bacon is into shrinking stage.... At this point drain fat, and return to oven for approx 5 to 7 minutes... At this point I must tell ya a couple of things. 1.) Electric Ovens vary. ( Sorry just being descriptive) and 2.) Gas is faster than Electric.. Same disclaimer...
..... Next Drain again.... With a silicon paint brush brush top of bacon with sauce, and place in a reduced heat oven... I would start a 275 degrees at first and go down... The idea at this point is low and slow... Place in oven and check at 5 mins.. Drain flip, and grind fresh pepper to your liking onto Bacon, continue this process including brushing until the doneness you require is achieved.. By this point the bacon should be firm, but chewy and caramelized.. Do not be afraid to dump the rest of sauce on bacon on last flip... Allow to sit for appropriate time for your usage....
Total cooking time should be around 40 to 45 minutes... Less is more it would seem....
..... Enjoy..... And remember that this is a great tasting recipe, but also very adaptable and user friendly....

.....Green Days Sis, and I will post later on @Bonsaiweed recipe thread later... Thanks... AAANnnnnnndddd back to work LOL
Well thank you MH! :circle-of-love: I just love bacon! That sounds incredible!! I have some nice bacon too in the fridge! That's how I won my hubby! I just had to feed him a few times and he was a gonner!:rofl:

hahahahaha - me too LadyG, I hooked him in with my turntables, then served him homemade food and he pretty much wifed me up after that.

chicken schnitzel with garlic potatoes and corn. that was the winning dinner, but then I made him baked pork chops in gravy, then roast beef and that pretty much was my go-to.

Could you imagine the feast we could put together, no holding us back lady.

I can see why it’s hard for me to reign in my Cannabis consumption during the day! You’re all kicking back for the evening so the vibe is ripe for a toke toke... here it’s 1030 and I’ve been trying to limit my wake’n’bakes to the weeeknds... I may crack today o_O:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom