Lady Gaea’s: A Tale Of Two Mauis, With Doc Bud’s High Brix Kit

You know m’Lady, I’m wondering if it isn;t worth a little message to the Pua Mana Ohana and ask them about this short fat leaf appearance, and how it doesn’t look sativa like or like the other Maui.... I’d be curious to see what they say. I heard a funny story about them, so i’m Just curious...
:nomo:
LOL...yup! I don't want to be a "poop to that!", but yeah...thinking this might not be a pure "landrace sativa". You know I love all creatures great and small. I don't care what it is really. It's mine. He or She will be nurtured and will serve a purpose. Sad for them, if they ain't being true to the genetics, these journals do get around, and the Green Lady does not like to be screwed with. If they are not what they advertise, they won't last long. Make hay while you can, but shit will out! Sorry...showed me angry side! I try not to.

Took a little bit but already caught up. This thing is already flying. I’m gonna catch seat also. :reading420magazine:
Welcome! I love having company! Sorry... I am a bit chatty! 12 pages in and the kids are just wee things! We like to eat...listen to music..and mess with one another here, pretty low key really!

Lady Gaea's N. Carolina BBQ Sauce

I will turn this into a Paleo version...but here is the "Naughty" version!

1 cup of Dijon Mustard
1/2 cup of local organic honey
1/4 cup of Bragg organic apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon of fresh chopped thyme
2 tablespoons of ketchup
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 cup of caramelized onions, 2 medium or 1 large, low and slow :drool:
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 tablespoons of EVOO

Caramelize your 2 onions in olive oil...low heat and slow! It will likely take 30-45 minutes to caramelize the onions. You need to stand there and stir often! At the end of caramelizing the onions, add the garlic and cook a minute or two more. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a simmer. You have a freakin awesome sauce for Pork, chicken breast, or even swordfish!

:yahoo:

Ummm...I forgot! I need to post a potato salad recipe! This uses cannabis oil and goes so well with this recipe!

Lady Gaea’s “A Tale of Two Mauis” with Doc Bud’s High Brix Kit

Aloha! Welcome!

I know I say this EVERY time…but I’m really excited for this grow journal!! Ha-ha! A couple of months ago a few of us were fondly reminiscing about the famous Hawaiian strains. For a moment I was 17 again… *sigh* I so badly wanted to taste that sticky sweet, peppery, tropical goodness again. It was vivid green with red, orange, and gold hairs.

I know that it is said, “You can never go home again”. Well I beg to differ. I could take a few tokes and imagine myself transported back in time. That’s what “life” is really, isn’t it? Moments of time that are woven together to make a beautiful tapestry. That tapestry portrays the story of our lives! I don’t think there is anything wrong with taking a step back to admire that magnificent work of art, if only for a few moments!

Wow! See how passionate this cannabis memory is for me? I remember where I was, whom I was with, and the sun and surf! Oh! And I recall a wonderful ham and cheese omelet! :rofl: All great moments should include food! A very good moment indeed!

It was the summer before my senior year of high school. I was working as a maid at a local hotel with my bestie, Melanie. We lived by the ocean then…Good times! My boss gave us some Maui Wowie that his brother in-law sent him. It was hidden in the pocket of a floral shirt that he sent from Maui. This was 1983. We all quit that day as a result of unfair working conditions. I never saw my boss again, but the memory of that bud and the anarchy live on!

I remember a pure clean high that was clear-headed and deliciously euphoric. There was no anxiety, just a sublime feeling that everything in the universe was pre-determined and perfect!:Namaste:

OK…back to the task at hand. I do tend to wander while I ponder! :laugh: Terribly sorry about that! I love a good story!

I already had some Maui Waui from Nirvana, and then @Pennywise mentioned the Pua Mana Ohana seed bank. It was a weak moment…I admit. I have a “little” seed-hoarding problem :oops:. I went straight to the site and ordered their Maui Wowie. You see where this is going? Ha-ha! Yup! A side by side!:slide:

I was thinking…hmmm “side by side”, and @Amy Gardner jumped in and fuelled the fire by suggesting that a “side by side” grow would be really cool! Well… here we are at present! Have I said “side by side” enough yet? The intended strains for this slot were bumped once this idea was conceived.

To introduce the strains, I’ll let the respective breeders speak about their Maui genetics.

Pua Mana Ohana~ Maui Wowie: Regulars

“Maui – a magical mystical place where the true Maui Wowie Hawaiian sativa genetics originated!

Maui Wowie is a giant juicy, tropical terpene rich strain preserved, protected & passed by Bradda Joseph of lower Nāhiku & became world famous in the 60ʻs & 70ʻs...

A sweet upbeat tropical Hawaiian Sativa, perfect for the dawn patrol Heʻe nalu (surf) ʻOhana (Family) or any Ala Mea Puhi Palaoa (wake and bakers) ready to get out there and seize the day superbly stoned and satisfied!!

One puff or magic drag in of real deal Pakalōlō from Maui will have you saying "Wowie" and jumping psychedelic waterfalls with da locals blazed up all day long!!!”

Yield: Nui = Big, Large

Flavor: Sweet, Tropical, Citrus Fruit

Flower time: 10-11 weeks

Photoperiod: Hawaiian Style 11/13

Indoor/Outdoor: Can/Can

Nirvana~ Maui Waui: Feminized

“Often you hear the phrase that marijuana wasn’t as potent back in the day and this is true. Hawaii Maui Waui sought to change that though and was one of the first strains to appear in the 1960’s with a THC percentage that landed in the teens.

Hawaii Maui Waui holds onto her vintage roots well and smoking her can leave you feeling groovy and wishing you were at Woodstock. The high is classic sativa and makes you energetic, happy, and increases creativity ten-fold.

She will leave your body numb, but also open up that pit in your stomach, so expect a serious case of the munchies. Her flavor is sweet, citrus, and tropical without ever becoming overbearingly too sweet or harsh when combusting.

Our tip for this strain: Be prepared for height. We are not kidding! This plant can grow to incredible heights - a number of the reviews below compared this strain to a Christmas tree. How cool would it be to replace all regular Christmas trees with this lovely plant? We’d have a much happy holiday season don’t ya think?

What we love about this strain: She’s the perfect bud for music festivals. Her aroma, high, and vintage coolness are unmatched and is our favorite strain to catch some live music with.”

Genetics: Hawaiian Sativa IBL

Plant type: Predominantly Sativa

Cultivation: Indoors as well as Outdoor

Average Yield: 350 - 450 g/m² in SOG

Flowering Period: 9 - 11 weeks

Grow Difficulty: Hard

The nitty-gritty!

Veg/Flower Tent: Gorilla 2' x 4' x 6'7"

Filtration: 6" Vortex S-Line inline fan with iPower GLFILT6M Air Carbon Filter

Lights: GROWant G5Pro HiPAR Series G400 & 340 Watt Mars II Series

Nutrients: Doc Bud's High Brix Kit ~ Minerals, Microbes, and Magic!

Medium: Promix HP, worm castings, Doc Buds High Brix Amendment

Germination: Rapid Rooters

Containers: Start in 1-gallon and transplant to 10-gallon

Miscellaneous: Programmable humidifier & 2 computer fans

As per my usual, health and wellness thru cannabis and food will be a focus!

A HUGE Mahalo nui loa my friends for being here! You make it special! :love::cheer::420::cheer::love:
Pretty late to the party, apologies :adore: I can definitely remember every time I got potent bud. My fav was some bud blueberry that smelled exactly like blueberry muffins strong! The smell bled through the bag and you could taste it in the smoke. I remember where I worked who I smoked with and seems I'll be chasing that memory forever.

Gonna catch up on other pages today.:high-five:

Around 1980 was when I tried my first Hawaiian, I bought an ounce and the first joint was shared with friends. We were hanging out in a small city park, the smoke was very sweet and sort of floral. The high was like you describe very clear and cerebral with virtually no body effect. It was energizing but no anxiety or racey feelings. I remember spending the afternoon tossing a football around the park. They don't make it like that anymore.... or do they? :surf:

I think its still out there somewhere, Penny. Not convinced we've found the source yet though.

Pretty late to the party, apologies :adore: I can definitely remember every time I got potent bud. My fav was some bud blueberry that smelled exactly like blueberry muffins strong! The smell bled through the bag and you could taste it in the smoke. I remember where I worked who I smoked with and seems I'll be chasing that memory forever.

Gonna catch up on other pages today.:high-five:
Welcome KB! Make yourself at home! I like that! "chasing that memory" . It's true. Memories that include your senses are so intense! I love those!

I think its still out there somewhere, Penny. Not convinced we've found the source yet though.
Ha-ha! Might require a plane ride to Hawaii! Too bad I wasn't younger...I could get a job at a resort or restaurant and hang out with the locals.

It's out there for sure! I won't give up.;)

Around 1980 was when I tried my first Hawaiian, I bought an ounce and the first joint was shared with friends. We were hanging out in a small city park, the smoke was very sweet and sort of floral. The high was like you describe very clear and cerebral with virtually no body effect. It was energizing but no anxiety or racey feelings. I remember spending the afternoon tossing a football around the park. They don't make it like that anymore.... or do they? :surf:
Someone would preserve weed like that for sure! It's still being grown in Hawaii somewhere by an old stoner. I can't believe the strain got purged. I'll find it.

Damn came here to smoke, now I am already hungry... Always something cooking in here... LOL Green day SIs...
Hiya MH! BEAUTIFUL day for growing stuff! Hope you are out enjoying it! I've been slacking on my "chef duties". :green_heart:

Lady Gaea's N. Carolina BBQ Sauce

I will turn this into a Paleo version...but here is the "Naughty" version!

1 cup of Dijon Mustard
1/2 cup of local organic honey
1/4 cup of Bragg organic apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon of fresh chopped thyme
2 tablespoons of ketchup
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 cup of caramelized onions, 2 medium or 1 large, low and slow :drool:
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 tablespoons of EVOO

Caramelize your 2 onions in olive oil...low heat and slow! It will likely take 30-45 minutes to caramelize the onions. You need to stand there and stir often! At the end of caramelizing the onions, add the garlic and cook a minute or two more. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a simmer. You have a freakin awesome sauce for Pork, chicken breast, or even swordfish!

:yahoo:

Ummm...I forgot! I need to post a potato salad recipe! This uses cannabis oil and goes so well with this recipe!
Yum

Yum

Yum

Yum

Yum

Yum
Huge typo! It's S Carolina style BBQ. I'm gonna get my ass kicked if I get anyone from N. Carolina or S. Carolina drop by! A war can be started over BBQ there! :oops: One misstep and we could have another civil war!

Ha-ha! Might require a plane ride to Hawaii! Too bad I wasn't younger...I could get a job at a resort or restaurant and hang out with the locals.

It's out there for sure! I won't give up.;)
Ah dunno...I would love to think that original Maui Wowie and Kona Gold are out there still too, but after years of being plugged into the HI pakalolo scene, I have yet to definitively find either. Big problem was until very recently, us locals wanted Mainland bud (due to it's strength and the fact it was different, no doubt), so that's what was cultivated for 20 years. Lots and lots of folks were on that train and it poisoned the well, so to speak. Now that landrace Hawaiian is back in favor, it's hard to find "proven" strains. I know that many mom and pop farmers out here grow the same thing for years and years (like me!), so that is likely where it will be found - some old school farmer who never bothered to switch to Mainland bud. But the problem is folks taking advantage of the money grab by using a strain that is Hawaiian hybrid and claiming it is pure.
For the record, I do not know Pua Mana, nor does anyone I have asked. I get the feeling they are not local though, seems like some guys who probably spent some time on the Islands and are using the Hawaiian legend (complete with pidgin) as their sales pitch. Doesn't mean they don't have the goods, I very much hope they do.
Oh and LadyG, if you and yours want to hang with the locals, you don't need a job at a restaurant, just hop a flight to Big Island and call me from the airport...Ha!

Ah dunno...I would love to think that original Maui Wowie and Kona Gold are out there still too, but after years of being plugged into the HI pakalolo scene, I have yet to definitively find either. Big problem was until very recently, us locals wanted Mainland bud (due to it's strength and the fact it was different, no doubt), so that's what was cultivated for 20 years. Lots and lots of folks were on that train and it poisoned the well, so to speak. Now that landrace Hawaiian is back in favor, it's hard to find "proven" strains. I know that many mom and pop farmers out here grow the same thing for years and years (like me!), so that is likely where it will be found - some old school farmer who never bothered to switch to Mainland bud. But the problem is folks taking advantage of the money grab by using a strain that is Hawaiian hybrid and claiming it is pure.
For the record, I do not know Pua Mana, nor does anyone I have asked. I get the feeling they are not local though, seems like some guys who probably spent some time on the Islands and are using the Hawaiian legend (complete with pidgin) as their sales pitch. Doesn't mean they don't have the goods, I very much hope they do.
Oh and LadyG, if you and yours want to hang with the locals, you don't need a job at a restaurant, just hop a flight to Big Island and call me from the airport...Ha!
Ha ha! Thanks HoBrah! Good insight! I read some "not so nice" things about Pua Mana since. We'll see how the plants turn out. I'm not optimistic about their pitch. Unlikely that I will use them again. If we ever get to Hawaii, I'd love to see it thru a local's eye! Mahalo!:peace:

Lady Gaea’s Creamy Cannabis Potato Salad ~Serves 8

I used 15 grams of decarbed cannabis to 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil. Assuming the cannabis has 10% THC, then there is about 23.4 mg of THC per serving.

*To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and likes & to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with, be sure to use a THC calculator. There are plenty out there. I use Corinne’s calculator from her Wake & Bake site.

Ingredients:

3 pounds red bliss potatoes cooked, I like leaving the skin on

3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/4 cup sweet Vidalia onion, chopped

4 slices cooked bacon, chopped

2 tablespoons yellow mustard

1 tablespoon white sugar

2 tablespoon cider vinegar

2 tablespoons of cannabis infused oil ~ I go light when using cannabis in recipes

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon celery seed

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon of sweet paprika

1 tablespoon of minced fresh parsley

Directions:
  • Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 20-25 minutes. Drain, cool, and chop potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
  • Combine chopped potatoes and eggs in a large bowl.
  • Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, onions, bacon, mustard, sugar, vinegar, cannabis oil, salt, black pepper, celery seed, and garlic powder together in a bowl. Pour dressing over potatoes and eggs and stir very gently to coat.
  • Sprinkle potato salad with the sweet paprika and parsley.
Feel free to add in ingredients like chopped celery, pickles, diced sweet red peppers, or fresh-shucked raw peas!

Back
Top Bottom