KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Flower Day 74

I inspected all of the plants today I found the trichomes on the same AK48 #3 that had the female pollen sacks removed that the trichomes are finally beginning to change to amber colours. No other plants were found to have any percentage of amber trichomes yet.

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Flower Day 75

All 3 AK48 #3's and the Hindu Kush #3 were watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Micro, 10 millilitres per gallon of Flora Bloom, 4 millilitres per gallon of Liquid KoolBloom and 5 millilitres per gallon of Cal-Mag Plus.

(Clink on the photographs for direct link to the products in use in my Grow Journal and Review)

Flower Day 77

Both the AK47x Alaskan Thunder and the Hindu Kush #2 were watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Micro, 10 millilitres per gallon of Flora Bloom, 4 millilitres per gallon of Liquid KoolBloom and 5 millilitres per gallon of Cal-Mag Plus.

(Clink on the photographs for direct link to the products in use in my Grow Journal and Review)

So then all the plants were watered with the same nutrient solution? both post are exactly the same with the plants being the only difference in two posts.

Correct, both the AK47x Alaskan Thunder and the Hindu Kush #2 were watered 2 days after the 3x AK48 #3's and the 1x Hindu Kush #3.

Good morning Maharaja
This may be a tall order ,,, but is there any chance of doing another video like you did with the LA Confidential
truly awe inspiring pictures

The screen on the video camera I was promised by someone was damaged and I do not have another video camera to use right now.

The screen on the video camera I was promised by someone was damaged and I do not have another video camera to use right now.

Thanks any way Maharaja

Wow King! Seriously amazing work my friend. You might have sold me on the LEDs. :bravo:

Grow looks amazing KJC! Are you happy with the yield of the lush vs hps? Also.. Do you think that the extreme stretch was caused by the spectrum of the lush panels (they look blue heavy to me) or was it due to the lack of training and size of the plants at switch?
Keep up the awesome work! I have learnt heaps from reading your journals! :)

Right now all the big box stores are looking to get rid of garden stuff so they can put up Christmas decorations. This morning I was in lowes (box home improvement store) and they had pump up one gallon sprayers for 6 dollars. Now it could be regional on the prices, but I do know things are on sale. Small hand trowels are nice for transplanting and mixing soils. I have a really nice stainless set I got on clearance as well as pruners, small nippers, and new hoses.

Also on sale are fans, dehumidifiers, air purifiers, and the like. All things we use in our grow rooms and tents.

I can confirm the garden sales. I was in both these stores over the weekend and picked up a few trinkets. Got a fiskars trowel for .97c and a cactus starter kit for $3. The good thing about that is the little cactus farm starter kit has these little plastic pots that fit a rapid rooter plug perfectly...score! I also got a hose nozzle and a few other things. I swear I looked like a homeless dude on the way out of the store with the weird selection I had.

John, that really great fertilizer chart you posted the other day...well on the top of that list is one of my all time favorite fertilizers, Bradfield. Wonderful. If you can ever get it, it is a great soil amendment. It is made of alfalfa and the N is perfectly available, never burns. Their corn gluten meal product is also a great pre-emergent herbicide, organic.

How that works in the soil is that, if creates a fungus in the soil as it decomposes and that fungi does not allow seed to germinate. It is not recommended in meadows or wildflower fields for this reason, but it does have a 10% N which is pretty high in an organic form.

When added to soils for containers, it improves the structure AND texture of the soil. Very nice stuff.

A Grand Munchyday to his Highness The King !! And the subjects as well :peace:

Grow looks amazing KJC! Are you happy with the yield of the lush vs hps? Also.. Do you think that the extreme stretch was caused by the spectrum of the lush panels (they look blue heavy to me) or was it due to the lack of training and size of the plants at switch?
Keep up the awesome work! I have learnt heaps from reading your journals! :)

I am happy with the amount of buds and the quality of the buds that are being produced under the 1x Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and the 3x Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x LED panels. I have not had the same genetics produce "Hash Tips" clusters of trichomes on the buds so densely under High Pressure Sodium lights. I attribute the amount of stretch I have seen in the AK48 #3's in part to the full spectrum light that the Lush Lighting LED panels produce and also to the fact I should have defoliated the plants when they were in vegetative growth to open up the light to the nodes where the branches and buds grow from more, I had not expected such explosive growth under Lush Lighting LED light panels. You can see that the Lush Lighting full spectrum LED lights produce more blue in the blue/violet light spectrum, most LED light panels give off a more purple hue spectrum.

Things look lovely as I knew they would. How much longer before the chop in your opinion. Just wondering when to plan my next trip north.....:circle-of-love:

I hope that the trichomes will mature to amber on my plants in the next 20 days. The AK48 #3's have begun to loose many yellow leaves in contrasts to the rich green colour that the Hindu Kush plants have. I check the AK48 #3 plants daily to remove any leaves that are too yellow to contribute energy to the plant so they do not attract mould. The AK47x Alaskan Thunder and the AK48 #3's are considered white plants and the trichomes may not amber much, I have previously flowered the same genetics under High Pressure Sodium lights for 84 days without many amber trichomes.

Regarding your defol under LED, my first grow I defoliated regularly and effectively lollipopped, and bud production was higher than in my second grow where I let them go and lightly defoliated at best. Yes, from now on, I will always defoliate and prune indoors.

You can defoliate in vegetative growth when the plant is a sufficient size large enough to take cuttings from without restricting vegetative growth. I defoliate at Flower Days 21-25 when the stretch phase has ended and again at Flower Day 45 if needed.

Back
Top Bottom