KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

John and everyone, what are a good cheap pair of glasses for me to wear in the grow room? I'm seeing green hues now. It's always something.

I'm going to search around on eBay, but don't know which is effective.

thanks

I am using a pair of Active Eye Growroom Glasses when I am in my Grow Bay #1, the Active Eye Growroom Glasses are meant to filter High Pressure Sodium spectrum and do a great job almost colour correcting the light coming from the Lush Lighting 1x Dominator 2x and the 3x Lumenator 2x light. You can see there is a lot of blue light in the full spectrum lighting that Lush Lighting uses in their LED light panels. I have read other people have purchased shade #5 welding glasses to wear when in LED lighten grow areas.

Active Eye Growroom Glasses

"Active Eye Growroom Lenses with Interchangable Bonus Lenses!

See better, grow better.

Active Eye Growroom Lenses reduce the red/orange glare from sodium grow lamps so you can see your plants in a more natural light. It's easier to identify pests and disease problems without having to turn off your grow lights.

Includes a bonus set of gray lenses for outdoor use.

• Daylight vision
• UV/IR protection
• Anti-glare"

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

I know. It freaked me out when I seen them selling bottled NYC tap when I was in Florida. But anyway let me nip this short. I like to keep my posts on KJC's journals limited & grow related because he runs "strictly business" threads (which is why they're some of my favorites). I personally find it inappropriate to gibber-jabber here.

I thought I would share with you how I transport nutrients to my plants. I use 1, 2 and 3 gallon size portable sprayers to water my plants pots with.

RL_Flo-Master_1_gal_Economy_Sprayer.png

Hudson_Super_Sprayer_Professional_Poly_2_gallon.png

Hudson_Super_Sprayer_Professional_Poly_3_gallon.png

Hudson_Constructo_Poly_3_gallon.png

This last type has wheels that you can roll to or carry to where your plants are

Roundup_3_gal_Cart_Sprayer.png

This allow me to mix up nutrients in different strengths easily to water plants in different stages of growth.

Wow ! That's one of those things where you go now why didn't think of that :icon_cool

So you water using the wand in the soil? I have many pump up sprayers for different things. Mostly, foliar feeding, but I have used the sprayer to water seedlings in flats in the greenhouse.

Right now all the big box stores are looking to get rid of garden stuff so they can put up Christmas decorations. This morning I was in lowes (box home improvement store) and they had pump up one gallon sprayers for 6 dollars. Now it could be regional on the prices, but I do know things are on sale. Small hand trowels are nice for transplanting and mixing soils. I have a really nice stainless set I got on clearance as well as pruners, small nippers, and new hoses.

When buying any tools, always buy lifetime warranty tools. I've had one pair of pruning shears for decades because when they break, I get a new pair, same with hoses. I don't cheap on the hoses and buy Gilmore brand. That brand has most of their hoses and watering devices with a lifetime warranty. I've used that several times, as well. For indoors, there are connectors for sinks to accommodate a hose hook up. Also on sale are fans, dehumidifiers, air purifiers, and the like. All things we use in our grow rooms and tents.

Yes when I water my plants with a nutrient mixture I use the sprayers wand to evenly and thoroughly saturate the medium until i first see runoff water.

And that isn't tedious for the larger containers? I admit, the watering would be nicely even. I never thought to do a big pot. I wonder if atomized nutrients have more air.

I make sure i have a highly oxygenated spray going onto the medium and evenly saturating the medium when I water with the 1, 2 and 3 gallon size spot sprayers.

I am using a pair of Active Eye Growroom Glasses when I am in my Grow Bay #1, the Active Eye Growroom Glasses are meant to filter High Pressure Sodium spectrum and do a great job almost colour correcting the light coming from the Lush Lighting 1x Dominator 2x and the 3x Lumenator 2x light. You can see there is a lot of blue light in the full spectrum lighting that Lush Lighting uses in their LED light panels. I have read other people have purchased shade #5 welding glasses to wear when in LED lighten grow areas.

it is a good idea to buy a pair of those, i think i will be buying them too like gardenfaerie :)
i grow with an Advanced Diamond LED DS800 (by the way, i have 1 of these brand new LED lamp and a 8 x 4 x 7 ft grow tent that i never got the space to use if anyone is interested) friend John, that the active eye growroom glases will work for LED lamp users?

Yes, the Active Eye Growroom Glasses will shield UV/IR rays from the LED light panels, Metal Halide lights and High Pressure Sodium lights and shield your eyes from damage.

I know. It freaked me out when I seen them selling bottled NYC tap when I was in Florida. But anyway let me nip this short. I like to keep my posts on KJC's journals limited & grow related because he runs "strictly business" threads (which is why they're some of my favorites). I personally find it inappropriate to gibber-jabber here.

So you Gibber jabber to tell us you don't like to gibber jabber?? Lol

Just sayin I have used AN for about 5 years. the ph perfect came out I will not switch to any other nute line. I do not need to check res info 2-3 times daily.
once weekly
and if growing the same strain perpetually I do not even bother checking after first week at full strenght.
The trade off is the price tag
:peace:

Lurch, thank you so very much for confirming that. I did do the research on their web site but hadn't heard from anyone else that was using it.

I had plenty of GH's nutrients left which is why I op'd to use it again. But did want to transition over to AH's or keeping with my original plan of purchasing AH's for the next grow.

King, would recommend against changing brands in the middle of a grow?

I would not recommend changing from one brand of nutrients that you have some experience with using and its effects versus changing to an unknown brand that has yet to be seen effects mid grow may present deficiencies in flower and stunt the plants during a critical development time.

Yes, the Active Eye Growroom Glasses will shield UV/IR rays from the LED light panels, Metal Halide lights and High Pressure Sodium lights and shield your eyes from damage.

Also check Amazon for grow room glasses. They claim to be specific to LED lights. I have a set added to my list. They are a bit pricey so if cost is an issue. If the eBay ones are cheaper please share the info.

I would not recommend changing from one brand of nutrients that you have some experience with using and its effects versus changing to an unknown brand that has yet to be seen effects mid grow may present deficiencies in flower and stunt the plants during a critical development time.

Makes sense. Thought I'd ask.

Finally made it home through all the storms in the low country.

King, when would you begin to add the CALiMAGic? Too soon for seedling right? I'll be introducing nutrients tomorrow at res change out. Going with 80% of GH's week one schedule.

Finally made it home through all the storms in the low country.

King, when would you begin to add the CALiMAGic? Too soon for seedling right? I'll be introducing nutrients tomorrow at res change out. Going with 80% of GH's week one schedule.

I would introduce a calcium and magnesium supplement containing calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate Such as Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus after 2 good weeks of vegetative growth from a seedling. You could add the CaliMagic after 2 good weeks of vegetative growth from your seedling, CaliMagic is a synthetic calcium and magnesium supplement. If you are using a natural source of calcium and magnesium based calcium and magnesium supplement such as General Organics CaMg+ you can start to add at the start of vegetative growth.

I would introduce a calcium and magnesium supplement containing calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate Such as Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus after 2 good weeks of vegetative growth from a seedling. You could add the CaliMagic after 2 good weeks of vegetative growth from your seedling, CaliMagic is a synthetic calcium and magnesium supplement. If you are using a natural source of calcium and magnesium based calcium and magnesium supplement such as General Organics CaMg+ you can start to add at the start of vegetative growth.

Yep, that's my brand. So I'll wait a couple weeks.....

Thank you my friend....

Back
Top Bottom