King Tut In RDWC

Thanks. They're fairly similar top to bottom. Bottom is looser to be sure, but theres still a month left

Better pic of the tops

Just remember when you are looking for answers to a grow style look at the way the strain wants to grow. Most of that stuff is genealogical.

My plants are 20% Indica 80% Sativa. So they should have skinny leaves and should be trying to eat my lights right now, but as a younger plant the leaves were VERY fat and the plant isnt 36 inches tall. These traits are bred into the plants. Humans made this plant short and thick. AND its entirely possible to run into a seed that grows super tall in this strain.

This strain is a perfect choice for a SCROG, so maybe this is a good candidate for you. The King Tut strain is one of the strongest sativas you can buy and regularly goes above 30%THC. Its easy to grow, bred for indoors
I grew it in my last grow

Had started so well

But were harmed with terpinator foliar spraying during flowering

So it didn't go strong as it should have been.

I know HSO green crack and blue dream cause it's third time I grow them. I know they will stretch for sure. But the space is crowed already. So I won't be able to allow to much stretch. I will slow it down by removing fan leaves (will do week 3 fan leaves defoliation without being extreme). But if they stretch too much before, and to a point it would lead to less yields because of lack of space between plants and light penetration, I will defo sooner. Do you see my point? So I m trying to visualize what vertical size would be the best for best yields. I know shaded buds don't grow a lot :

Maybe I got my answer right here by measuring the length of the colas! Or maybe with week 3 defoliation method the down bud sites would grow more? I m still not convinced cause I saw even @Weaselcracker said in a thread people weren't having very good results with defo

I m opened to any advice!

Had started so well

I know HSO green crack and blue dream cause it's third time I grow them. I know they will stretch for sure. But the space is crowed already. So I won't be able to allow to much stretch. I will slow it down by removing fan leaves (will do week 3 fan leaves defoliation without being extreme). But if they stretch too much before, and to a point it would lead to less yields because of lack of space between plants and light penetration, I will defo sooner. Do you see my point? So I m trying to visualize what vertical size would be the best for best yields. I know shaded buds don't grow a lot :

Maybe I got my answer right here by measuring the length of the colas! Or maybe with week 3 defoliation method the down bud sites would grow more? I m still not convinced cause I saw even @Weaselcracker said in a thread people weren't having very good results with defo

Nice buds.

Since the heat is fluctuating so wildly, outside (i grow in a shed) im giving my plants a dose of Silica. They were raised on it so the plants are tough, i just really dont want anything to hermi from the heat.

Ph of the 5 gallon mixed dose is 11. You have to make sure you Ph with some brands. Im using GH Armor Si.
If you arent using Silica i recommend you look up the benefits and check it out. Amazing stuff

Had started so well

FYI, @Weaselcracker is growing with @Doc Bud's kit. As I mentioned in a previous post, defoliation is somewhat controversial anyways, but a real "no-no" in high brix grows. ;)

Hey Mr K. What -I find myself contradicting you in every thread I bump into you in now ??!! :rofl: Well.. no actually I don’t grow high brix. It’s an idea/plan of mine to do so and I guess you saw me mention it somewhere, but I had some health problems lately and that kind of blew my budget and put the Doc Bud Kit plan on hold for a while. So no- I’m still just using regular bottled nutes courtesy of some horrible corporation that I’d like to get away from.
As for this thread - I’ll have to get back to it tomorrow to see what it’s about. Tired and stoned and it’s bedtime for me. Subbed now though. ;)

Hey Mr K. What -I find myself contradicting you in every thread I bump into you in now ??!! :rofl: Well.. no actually I don’t grow high brix. It’s an idea/plan of mine to do so and I guess you saw me mention it somewhere, but I had some health problems lately and that kind of blew my budget and put the Doc Bud Kit plan on hold for a while. So no- I’m still just using regular bottled nutes courtesy of some horrible corporation that I’d like to get away from.
As for this thread - I’ll have to get back to it tomorrow to see what it’s about. Tired and stoned and it’s bedtime for me. Subbed now though. ;)

Oops! Sorry, Brother! Thought you were using the kit! I'm OK with being corrected, especially when I'm incorrect! :high-five:

LED VS CMH

Ive always wondered which lights are better my Black Dog Phytomax 2s or my CMH. Well i found a few examples of flowers showing better growth on one side than the other on buds that are between the two lights.

The left side of the buds show far less Pistils that the right which has the LEDs

Some promising pictures of the little Pink Candy

LED VS CMH

Ive always wondered which lights are better my Black Dog Phytomax 2s or my CMH. Well i found a few examples of flowers showing better growth on one side than the other on buds that are between the two lights.

The left side of the buds show far less Pistils that the right which has the LEDs

Some promising pictures of the little Pink Candy

Thanks for sharing

An update on the Lemon Zkittles plant i severely defoliated.

It looks ok. Its STILL pushing out mega leaves, but its budding fairly well. Buds are loose and again, full of leaves. Theres about 4 weeks left for this one. Not at all convinced defoliation helped this plant.

Back
Top Bottom