King Tut In RDWC

I have been told by Doc Bud and read in some other places that molasses is not a good thing. You are in RDWC so that may make a difference.
Ive never heard that.
Not sure what that means... the biology is looking to the plant for sugar? Doesnt he use it in his soil?

The reason is that the molasses is used to feed the microbes. High Brix is all about creating a large colony of microbes, HOWEVER, with Doc Bud's method, he wants those microbes feeding on ROCKS and not Sugars, so they're breaking down the minerals in the soil.

I have been told by Doc Bud and read in some other places that molasses is not a good thing. You are in RDWC so that may make a difference.
Hey Meds somehow i missed that you said molasses isnt good in RDWC. You are right, you dont use it in hydro. Im in soil right now regardless of what the title says. So, yes youre right.

I think I remember in RDWC it is used in the final weeks. The girls sure look like they like it. Has to be doing something good.

A sugar like that in hydro is a super no no. You might be able to get away with it for a week or so but sooner or later the bad bugs will overthrow the system. This is what happened to me early this season. I used a new additive and wound up with creepy crawlies that i couldnt get rid of, so i turned to soil. Stupid plants

The plants look gorgeous! That colas are crazy long and big! They will be killers in a few weeks! Wonderful job! Those will be plants of the next month!

The plants look gorgeous! That colas are crazy long and big! They will be killers in a few weeks! Wonderful job! Those will be plants of the next month!
Wow! Thank you.

Looking again at the colas and how the leaves are trying to touch the lights make thing you did Perfect amount of defo. I just posted links and thoughts about defoliation and schwazzing. I'm in no way any expert grower. I just read a lot man but likes A LOT. I m a true geek! For anything that I put interest and heart in! So all that to say I hope you didn't think I was trying to convince you on anything in my thread. I m still a beginner (third grow) looking like anyone here to produce the best quality and quantity of buds! Your plants look like sticky post looking plants! They for sure will thank you at harvest! It makes me wondering if I shouldnt give my girls a week more instead of flipping on Thursday. In fact it looks like even the down bud sites are developing well! I guess the strategic defoliation did the job! Congratulations and thanks for your grow cause it's really nice to see plants like this and gives a lot of information and advices!

Looking again at the colas and how the leaves are trying to touch the lights make thing you did Perfect amount of defo. I just posted links and thoughts about defoliation and schwazzing. I'm in no way any expert grower. I just read a lot man but likes A LOT. I m a true geek! For anything that I put interest and heart in! So all that to say I hope you didn't think I was trying to convince you on anything in my thread. I m still a beginner (third grow) looking like anyone here to produce the best quality and quantity of buds! Your plants look like sticky post looking plants! They for sure will thank you at harvest! It makes me wondering if I shouldnt give my girls a week more instead of flipping on Thursday. In fact it looks like even the down bud sites are developing well! I guess the strategic defoliation did the job! Congratulations and thanks for your grow cause it's really nice to see plants like this and gives a lot of information and advices!

Reading up on this. And making friends and learning with them. Is how we all get better. There are very compelling arguments for extreme defoliation, Im not at all sold on these aggressive techniques but it doesnt mean im right. Your a good sport with a good sense of humor and a perfect attitude for a forum like this. I never thought you tried to convince me of anything

Im glad i aggressivly trimmed up my little plant. It has been a pain in the a$$ since day one. I had nothing to lose, and figured if this trimming made it turn a corner its a win, and i learned something. It hasnt shown much of a change yet be we still have a month to go.

Thank you for your kind words. Keep studying our hobby and be open to help those that need it. And thank you for reading my thread. The defoliation thing was fun. Lets do it again sometime!

Reading up on this. And making friends and learning with them. Is how we all get better. There are very compelling arguments for extreme defoliation, Im not at all sold on these aggressive techniques but it doesnt mean im right. Your a good sport with a good sense of humor and a perfect attitude for a forum like this. I never thought you tried to convince me of anything

Im glad i aggressivly trimmed up my little plant. It has been a pain in the a$$ since day one. I had nothing to lose, and figured if this trimming made it turn a corner its a win, and i learned something. It hasnt shown much of a change yet be we still have a month to go.

Thank you for your kind words. Keep studying our hobby and be open to help those that need it. And thank you for reading my thread. The defoliation thing was fun. Lets do it again sometime!
:Namaste:

Defoliation works in certain situations, if you plan to do that start early.
Its worked for me. I pull hundreds of leaves every season. And, ive had plants that i realise now should have been defoled further. Its not a question of weather or not i do it just how much.

I try to keep mine low when they're young and I end up with thick foliage. Trimming is necessary to keep everything growing fast.
Thats what i try to do. The SCROG helps with that. My plants are STILL stretching a little, im glad they are growing like they are, or i would have a real problem

I almost completely defol one of mine this grow, and in relieved I did so. With my already tight quarters and running two plants, defoliation was a must. Otherwise I would had to lollipop much higher up and suffered smaller colas.
Sometimes you gotta. Sounds like it worked out for you.

Here is a plant that i should have defoliated mid to late flower. It still yeilded almost 11ounces. The top of the buds got all of the light and had nice rock hard buds, but that tapered off and they became a bit larfy. I didnt want to trim off the leaves blocking the bottom of the buds because they were sticking out of the bud themselves. I wonder if i could have safely trimmed off those leaves for a harder bud below the leaves.

Back
Top Bottom