King Tut In RDWC

Here is a plant that i should have defoliated mid to late flower. It still yeilded almost 11ounces. The top of the buds got all of the light and had nice rock hard buds, but that tapered off and they became a bit larfy. I didnt want to trim off the leaves blocking the bottom of the buds because they were sticking out of the bud themselves. I wonder if i could have safely trimmed off those leaves for a harder bud below the leaves.

A lot of that could have been safely defoliated. All the large water leaves are pretty much fine to remove - just don't want to take the sugar leaves, and it's always good to leave a couple of the water leaves on the plant. They're all actually in individual nodes, but your girl was so stacked, they were merging together! :welldone:

BTW, instead of, or in addition to, defoliating, you can also tuck/weave those larger leaves under branches or other leaves to open up the bud sites to more light.

A lot of that could have been safely defoliated. All the large water leaves are pretty much fine to remove - just don't want to take the sugar leaves, and it's always good to leave a couple of the water leaves on the plant. They're all actually in individual nodes, but your girl was so stacked, they were merging together! :welldone:

BTW, instead of, or in addition to, defoliating, you can also tuck/weave those larger leaves under branches or other leaves to open up the bud sites to more light.

I did defoliate the crap out of that plant, i just let it go in mid flower. My hydro plants puts out crazy leaves, i HAVE to defoliate.

It's just a hassle tearing everything down and deep cleaning everything between grows.
Yeah. Ive grown with and without a SCROG and i have to say im much more successful with.

I've had a couple of good grows with a scrog

I grew that 16 oz plant, took a clone from it and it did about half that with no serious training... it really didnt need it though. But it was under that Spectrum King like that i dont like so who knows

Impressive! I ve put my lights closer to avoid any unwanted violent stretch! Hope it will do the job well

I would be in serious trouble if they strectched 500%.

More pics.

Lemon Zkittles

The main room

Enjoy

The colas are sooo long! How are the bids developing in the mid and low section? Could you post picture? I have to figure how tall I let my girl stretch to improve yields the most! I m sure considering the setup that there is a perfect size for biggest yields

The colas are sooo long! How are the bids developing in the mid and low section? Could you post picture? I have to figure how tall I let my girl stretch to improve yields the most! I m sure considering the setup that there is a perfect size for biggest yields
Thanks. They're fairly similar top to bottom. Bottom is looser to be sure, but theres still a month left

Better pic of the tops

Just remember when you are looking for answers to a grow style look at the way the strain wants to grow. Most of that stuff is genealogical.

My plants are 20% Indica 80% Sativa. So they should have skinny leaves and should be trying to eat my lights right now, but as a younger plant the leaves were VERY fat and the plant isnt 36 inches tall. These traits are bred into the plants. Humans made this plant short and thick. AND its entirely possible to run into a seed that grows super tall in this strain.

This strain is a perfect choice for a SCROG, so maybe this is a good candidate for you. The King Tut strain is one of the strongest sativas you can buy and regularly goes above 30%THC. Its easy to grow, bred for indoors

Back
Top Bottom