King Tut In RDWC

Got you. I still like looking at her as she seems to enjoy her space! I m sure she will reward you with good quality buds and more than you think! That's what I hope for you!
Wierd little plant haha. It might do well. I should shave it down and see if it likes defoliation!

Wierd little plant haha. It might do well. I should shave it down and see if it likes defoliation!

Exactly! It s great when you have spare plants on which you can make expriment! Like the outdoor blue dream you saw in my thread that were suppercropped twice at a seedling stage! Looking at her now make it hard to believe! But now I know what this strain can handle! ---> knowledge so better things in the future grows! And it s the same with the plants I lost before. Now I know well about ph and how to adjust it well etc.... At the end it s just win and win!

Exactly! It s great when you have spare plants on which you can make expriment! Like the outdoor blue dream you saw in my thread that were suppercropped twice at a seedling stage! Looking at her now make it hard to believe! But now I know what this strain can handle! ---> knowledge so better things in the future grows! And it s the same with the plants I lost before. Now I know well about ph and how to adjust it well etc.... At the end it s just win and win!

Ok, ive decided to defol, this plant for you. Check your thread

Flashmp3 and i are having a gentlemans bet as to defoliation and what is too far. To be honest i dont think he knows yet, but we are.

I contest that the plant wont yield 3 oz. Ive trimmed the plant of all fan leaves leaving only sugar leaves and those at the very top of the budsites. I also trimmed immature buds, partial branches, and solo stems. Im not exactly sure how far he wants to go, if he wants to trim more so be it.

Im the one who thinks defoliation is a wonderful thing but its possible to go too far. This is the before pics

This thing gets on my nerves. It has always been a slow grower and this defoliation is supposed to magically quicken the growth of the plant. Since Flash isnt here to defend himself i will make sure all the finer points of the conversation are carefully documented.

After defoliation:

So Flash, let me know if you want to trim more off

I used to defoliate all my plants at about 21 days and 45 days of flower. It's supposed to open more light up to the bud sites, however, it's my experience that this SLOWS growth (vertical) and does not increase it. Removing the larger fan leaves allows the buds to get more light and, hopefully, bulk them up.

Defoliation is somewhat controversial and is recommended against for high brix grows, but I did find it helped bulk up the SOG plants and I've used defoliation as a technique (along with LST & supercropping!) to help slow the growth when it looked like the plants would outgrow the grow cab.

Here are some SOG plants before defoliation:

full

And, after defoliation:

full

I used to defoliate all my plants at about 21 days and 45 days of flower. It's supposed to open more light up to the bud sites, however, it's my experience that this SLOWS growth (vertical) and does not increase it. Removing the larger fan leaves allows the buds to get more light and, hopefully, bulk them up.

Defoliation is somewhat controversial and is recommended against for high brix grows, but I did find it helped bulk up the SOG plants and I've used defoliation as a technique (along with LST & supercropping!) to help slow the growth when it looked like the plants would outgrow the grow cab.

Here are some SOG plants before defoliation:

full

And, after defoliation:

full
It will be interesting to see if defoliation helps that slug of a plant of mine. Thanks

Seems to me like you're creating an excuse for that plant to not be great. Just chop it already, no need to torture it first.
:passitleft:
Wheres the fun in that!?

You're right about the funkyness. She's still beautiful though.
The LST really opened it up. The stuff i did to thos plant yesterday isnt much more than i would have done anyway.

The LST really opened it up. The stuff i did to thos plant yesterday isnt much more than i would have done anyway.
Sounds like Flash likes how far i went with it and doesnt want to go farther. Im glad for that

It just seems like you don’t like it and it’s taking up prime realty. Lol like I’m any better, I’ve hade those silly little Nukeheads taking up good spots for months.
:passitleft:
If this plant was in the main room it would have been sleeping with the fishes months ago.

Best bet is to use a fish tank sealant since you know it will be non-toxic
Okayyyyy. I knew that would work . Not sure if they have any...

Need a word of advice on what PVC sealant to grab. What you use?
I use bulkheads for my system. Im not using ant sealant. Krip says aquarium goop im with him. At least you know its food grade.

Where is your leak? How bad?

I use bulkheads for my system. Im not using ant sealant. Krip says aquarium goop im with him. At least you know its food grade.

Where is your leak? How bad?

Do you need glue or a sealant? Check McMaster Carr. They have quite a bit of most everything. Use food grade sealant, or food grade glue to search. Sometimes you need to look for acknowledgement from the FDA in the search. I KNOW they have something, but it will be expensive. Maybe find it there and buy somewhere else. I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom