King Tut In RDWC

Do you need glue or a sealant? Check McMaster Carr. They have quite a bit of most everything. Use food grade sealant, or food grade glue to search. Sometimes you need to look for acknowledgement from the FDA in the search. I KNOW they have something, but it will be expensive. Maybe find it there and buy somewhere else. I hope this helps

Actually, a few minutes ago, I PM'd him a link to some USDA approved, "food contact safe" silicone available on the big jungle site for something like $7 :high-five:

He needs a sealant and not glue?

Well, not sure what the technical difference would be between glue & sealant since the sealant would have bonding properties, also, but the original request was for "PVC Sealant"...the stuff I sent should be good for that.

Well, not sure what the technical difference would be between glue & sealant since the sealant would have bonding properties, also, but the original request was for "PVC Sealant"...the stuff I sent should be good for that.

Nice!

Hey A crip and steel toe appreciate you guys input . I decided to skip the sealant glue whatever it is. I'm going to get everything cut to length and drop the design and I can order up some of that sealant that krip sent me a link to.

I'm running 1/2 inch PVC and 90° connectors. Un threaded. indo have some teflon tape....

Hey A crip and steel toe appreciate you guys input . I decided to skip the sealant glue whatever it is. I'm going to get everything cut to length and drop the design and I can order up some of that sealant that krip sent me a link to.

I'm running 1/2 inch PVC and 90° connectors. Un threaded. indo have some teflon tape....

If you are putting together pipe and matching fittings that dont have threads, called a slip joint because they side together. Tape only works on threads. Youre gonna need a PVC glue. A sealant fills gaps, and does stick but it isnt as durable as glue. Glue actually welds the 2 pieces together. Even ABS glue shouldnt normally be used on PVC because it "welds" differently.

there is pvc to pvp glue pvc to abs glue all kinds of options for sealing pvc.

Man o man bud Its been brutal keeping temps under control the past few weeks, I don't know how you deal with this shit year round.
Its 115F 46C in Socal

If you are putting together pipe and matching fittings that dont have threads, called a slip joint because they side together. Tape only works on threads. Youre gonna need a PVC glue. A sealant fills gaps, and does stick but it isnt as durable as glue. Glue actually welds the 2 pieces together. Even ABS glue shouldnt normally be used on PVC because it "welds" differently.

Got it! I'd have to call them (both!) "sealants" but both were listed as "adhesive sealant".

The one from the jungle was: Sil Bond 4500 NSF FDA Clear 100% RTV Silicone Adhesive/Sealant
And, one from Homies was: "DAP All-Purpose Adhesive Sealant"

It’s crazy hot all the sudden. I called in for a mental health day at work and went to the bar to sit in the AC and play on my phone all day.
:passitleft:
Be right there.... na it's a balmy 67 here today. Gonna send that Alaskan air your way!

Okay, for my "slip joints" I need glue. Once it cures is it toxic? There is "potible glue" but I couldnt not find any hard set (or whatever defines the rigidity of the product).

Should I get the silicone and use at as glue. Or just go with the potible shit... lmao "stuff" sorry.

Be right there.... na it's a balmy 67 here today. Gonna send that Alaskan air your way!

Okay, for my "slip joints" I need glue. Once it cures is it toxic? There is "potible glue" but I couldnt not find any hard set (or whatever defines the rigidity of the product).

Should I get the silicone and use at as glue. Or just go with the potible shit... lmao "stuff" sorry.
i don't know what you have for home stores out there but at a home depot or lowes you go to he plumbing section and get pvc cement. it'll be purple and it chemically bonds the plastic together. Trust me when I say the Adhesive sealant is nothing more than flexible caulking that *will* stick but not actually give you a water tight seal. using the pvc cement gives you zero chances for leaks. go back through my 1st grow journal to see my journey through trying to seal up my unit.

It’s crazy hot all the sudden. I called in for a mental health day at work and went to the bar to sit in the AC and play on my phone all day.
:passitleft:
I like the way you think

This is from my security cam, I’m pretty sure it says 102° :eek:
F2A92A1D-1DF8-4C76-8A89-DCBD742270E7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom