I am gowing for the whole thing.
I used to grow with an old bootlegger who was adamant about harvesting at the literal "crack of dawn." He wanted you standing there ready to go as the first rays of the sun came up over the hill. He explained it as "best time to cut is when the plants are switching cycles from night to day." He said "it makes the weed stronger." He had killer weed anyway, so I don't know how much difference it made, but I've always tried to do that.

I used to grow with an old bootlegger who was adamant about harvesting at the literal "crack of dawn." He wanted you standing there ready to go as the first rays of the sun came up over the hill. He explained it as "best time to cut is when the plants are switching cycles from night to day." He said "it makes the weed stronger." He had killer weed anyway, so I don't know how much difference it made, but I've always tried to do that.
Those old timers knew.

Short flowering plants for sure next summer. Our sponsors have a few that will harvest in September:

and I'm sure many others!

Short flowering plants for sure next summer. Our sponsors have a few that will harvest in September:

and I'm sure many others!
I have Pineapple Chunks x 2 and Pineapple Express x 1. You suggested the Pineapple Chunks last year, but I had the sour diesel seeds already.

I have Pineapple Chunks x 2 and Pineapple Express x 1. You suggested the Pineapple Chunks last year, but I had the sour diesel seeds already.
Nice! I like C99 and pineapple fruity strains! I would buy some good kelp extract for next season and run it all the way through flower, that and a silicate product would help you fight the dreaded rot!

Looking forward to see those two in action in the future and congratulation on the harvest! You did really well with what you had going and you will do better and better each year! You're a true natural at this!

Cheers!

Nice! I like C99 and pineapple fruity strains! I would buy some good kelp extract for next season and run it all the way through flower, that and a silicate product would help you fight the dreaded rot!

Looking forward to see those two in action in the future and congratulation on the harvest! You did really well with what you had going and you will do better and better each year! You're a true natural at this!

Cheers!
Thank you for those kind words.

My sour diesel is cut, trimmed, washed and hung. I used 1/2 cup of lemon juice and baking soda this time. I was wondering if I missed some bud rot on what I hung will the lemon juice and baking soda stop the rot. I would think it would do something to it.

My sour diesel is cut, trimmed, washed and hung. I used 1/2 cup of lemon juice and baking soda this time. I was wondering if I missed some bud rot on what I hung will the lemon juice and baking soda stop the rot. I would think it would do something to it.
Lemon juice and baking soda won't kill botrytis (which is really hard to kill) so make sure to go over the flowers at some point and cut out what you find with at least a half inch margin above and below, and the rest should be good.

Also, get the RH in the flowers down as quickly as possible. I keep the fans on high for the first 24-36 hours to drive out the wash water, but I don't live where the RH is really low.

Lemon juice and baking soda won't kill botrytis (which is really hard to kill) so make sure to go over the flowers at some point and cut out what you find with at least a half inch margin above and below, and the rest should be good.

Also, get the RH in the flowers down as quickly as possible. I keep the fans on high for the first 24-36 hours to drive out the wash water, but I don't live where the RH is really low.
The RH has been in the 60's it has been 65 the last couple days.

Keef on da trim:-

IMG_0064.jpeg

Hey Shed, when you keep the fans on high to drive out the wash water for that time, to what extent do you have the air blowing directly on the buds? Is it direct or more hitting them indirectly? Washing seemed to add a day to dry time for me this time which I liked, without using a fan, but I’d still like to know. Thanks!

@KeithLemon - besides choosing earlier flowering strains next year, and not sitting your cloth pots directly on the ground, are you considering any other changes? Like maybe topping the main cola at some point to try and keep them lower? You might find it easier to find and identify problems when you can see the plant more readily? And it would maybe allow you to defol without using a ladder, lol!

Back
Top Bottom