never done it before.
I've only done it once, before I donated that fridge to my son- drying in the fridge made the dried weed look better, smell better, and taste better than regular hang drying- and the process is simple (it must be, if I can do it... 😀 )
If you've got the fridge space*, it may be something to consider...

*You may want to check with the wife first- mine won't let me "put that stinky shit" in her fridge...😬

What Carcass said.

If you dry in the fridge guess what you're going to SMELL every time you open it up! :ganjamon:

It's not looking like the citric acid is any match for the constant rain (if it were going to do anything at all), but rather than wonder how far along you are, take a tester flower from the middle or down low and quick dry for an idea of what it would be like if you absolutely had to cut it down now.

I quick dry with a toaster canoe:
full

Don't walk away if the buds are small as they can dry pretty quickly there.
Ooh! A toaster canoe! What a great idea! Betcha that beats my toaster oven technique.

What a beautiful morning I was just checking out my plants and I have a good number of nice buds. The apple fritter gives me a lot of hope for harvest. I had to cut some more bud rot but not much. A couple few weeks and they will be ready to harvest. I am very happy with what I see. Both sour diesels show promise of good bud. I cut a couple buds to do a tester on. The sour diesel is not ready I already know that as I did a tester and did not get as high as I should have but the apple fritter will be tested later today, and we will see how far along she is. If things keep going at their present pace, I will be very happy with my harvest. My small plant shows little bud rot but smaller buds than the other sour diesel. The apple fritter is still the apple of my eye she has big fat buds. It is amazing how a nice day can make you fell.
Yeah @KeithLemon , I was catching up and got to your bud shots. For several pages all I heard was gloom and doom (with all that rain? Of course!) and was waiting on the bud shots. Now I see what you have still and jeez, it’s not that bad man! You have tons of bud! Big gorgeous ones. Just stay on it like you have been. I do not envy the rain, that’s for sure.

Instead of wasting all that Thc goodness. Try some store bought lotion & when it dissolves the thc, rub it into your achy spots. Works for me :passitleft:
Or rub it off and smoke that awesome finger/hand hash

The problem with little buds is that they're not big buds. The problem with big buds is that they're prone to rot. You've done everything you could, and you can't blame yourself. You fought the good fight. You could cut the top out of your Apple Fritter, and let the middle keep going. I've known guys that's done that.
Partial harvest. I do it a lot. If the top is done, I’d take it like he says and let the rest go a few more days. Weather permitting of course.

Good morning 420 I am waiting for the fog to clear up than it is chop time. Changed my mind I am going to hang my bud in the attic as it is drier up there the cellar is to damp. I will be surprised at whatever I get but I do not have high hopes for a lot of good bud, we will see.
Excellent call. Cellars are damp like you said.

Definitely would like to see you grow indoors. You didn’t lose a battle just a learning experience like all of us here . I’ve seen some big struggles and you got caught up in one . So sorry you lost them as we all love your work as you did a great job with them ,bad weather that’s another story we can’t stop .
Captain is right I’m sure you have most of this equipment check it here .
It does seem like given your outside weather growing indoors might be wise if you can set it up. How about that attic? Could you toss a tent up there where it’s nice and dry?

Damn @KeithLemon. Tough one. What you got looks great though. And your attitude throughout this whole rough battle with rot has been exemplary. I could not have done what you did in terms of the battle. I would have thrown in the towel long before. Valiant fight, very impressive to watch. Find a dry spot inside with enough space for a tent? You have lots of really good growers here who would love nothing more than to help you set up an indoor grow. Myself included.

:thumb: :green_heart: :thanks:

Damn @KeithLemon. Tough one. What you got looks great though. And your attitude throughout this whole rough battle with rot has been exemplary. I could not have done what you did in terms of the battle. I would have thrown in the towel long before. Valiant fight, very impressive to watch. Find a dry spot inside with enough space for a tent? You have lots of really good growers here who would love nothing more than to help you set up an indoor grow. Myself included.

:thumb: :green_heart: :thanks:
If it makes you feel any better, I fucked my Apple Fritter up worse than you did. :rofl: :rofl:

Ya gotta love 💕 the infamous Shedster toster canoe 🛶. lol CL🍀
It’s funny but I have been using the toaster oven. It’s works okay, but it’s hard to get it dry fast without trashing the outside trichs. Shed’s canoe looks like it’s all heat from below only, and diffused with the foil. It’s perfect. I’m gonna try it next time. Cuz you know how ultra vitally important it is to test buds before they’re ready, and smoke shit tasting cough inducing weed. Cuz you know, we have to know if it works at least.
:rofl:

It’s funny but I have been using the toaster oven. It’s works okay, but it’s hard to get it dry fast without trashing the outside trichs. Shed’s canoe looks like it’s all heat from below only, and diffused with the foil. It’s perfect. I’m gonna try it next time. Cuz you know how ultra vitally important it is to test buds before they’re ready, and smoke shit tasting cough inducing weed. Cuz you know, we have to know if it works at least.
:rofl:
Lmao! It’s literally one of the dumbest things I do and I do it anyway every time.

Ya gotta love 💕 the infamous Shedster toster canoe 🛶. lol CL🍀
I take no credit for the idea, maybe just the name. From 2007:

I found the most convenient, quick, and least destructive way to quick dry weed for me is with a piece of equipment that almost all of us have -- a plain ol' TOASTER!
My method is to take a piece of foil about 4"x4" or so. I take small buds no wider than a finger and no longer than your thumb or pinky and place them into the foil. I make essentially a dugout out of the foil for the weed to go into so it doesn't fall into the toaster (essential!) the foil on the sides and going up to the top of the bud and maybe a little over but not completely enclosing it (enclosing the foil will cause it to retain moisture). Also do not wrap tightly we don't want to burn the bud on the foil. Personally I use the new nonstick foil, but that's also not necessary....

I take no credit for the idea, maybe just the name. From 2007:

Non-stick foil? Never heard of it but sounds like something not very healthy for using on bud. But then again what do I know about the stuff? CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

All washed

0D0C4270-F687-411D-8E69-78B95C9D6DB7.jpeg
Congratulations on the harvest Keith, I'm glad you got some smoke out of it bro I hope it's nice. Up untill the rot which is just mother nature you grew some beautiful plants bro I'd be super proud if I grew those for sure! Your a great grower and I'm sure your going to smash it next year! 👌👌

Congratulations on the harvest Keith, I'm glad you got some smoke out of it bro I hope it's nice. Up untill the rot which is just mother nature you grew some beautiful plants bro I'd be super proud if I grew those for sure! Your a great grower and I'm sure your going to smash it next year! 👌👌
Thanks, Greenvein Only 6 months away. I have 3 seeds from barneys, 2 Pineapple chunks and 1 Pineapple express I also have a couple sour diesel.

Back
Top Bottom