I have to start growing indoors. For my sanity if nothing else.
When you start setting up, don't be a stranger. Reach out & let me know what ya need to get things going. I've got a bunch of unused gear around, and have some friends in the industry who will help if I ask em.

Would love to see you running indoor!
:passitleft:

Sorry this season was so rough on ya. Just know that wasn't at your hand brother. Mother nature just threw you a shitty deal. 👎

Damn.
Sorry to hear rot got almost all of that plant.
I learned a lot this year and this is one of them. It sucks but I had a hell of a lot of fun growing them and I got some apple fritter. I'm a happy outdoor grower. Your plants look great, and you had your fair share of Mother nature. Thanks, Grateful

When you start setting up, don't be a stranger. Reach out & let me know what ya need to get things going. I've got a bunch of unused gear around, and have some friends in the industry who will help if I ask em.

Would love to see you running indoor!
:passitleft:

Sorry this season was so rough on ya. Just know that wasn't at your hand brother. Mother nature just threw you a shitty deal. 👎
I love 💕 the brotherhood of this community. CL🍀

All washed

0D0C4270-F687-411D-8E69-78B95C9D6DB7.jpeg

They look all shiny and new! Keep the fan on them for 3 or4 hours and then let them dry naturally with a bit of airflow in the attic, just not directly at them.

What's the RH in that space? It's important info!
I will need to bring one of my meters up there. It is going to be high as the RH is 81 downstairs, it is going to rain.

That would be ideal, but I do not have one.
Sounds like you need to use the fridge to me! Nothing to it. It just takes longer than hanging to dry.

never done it before.
No one has done anything before they do it the first time!

If you're interested, here is the best summary for fridge drying I've found:
Low and Slo: In The Bag

Basic points:
  • Paper bags will help speed the process by about a week.
  • You’ll get better than 25% back, so loading the bags at 28 grams wet means every four bags’ll bring you very close to an ounce dry.
  • 28 grams to a lunch bag is a good volume for smooth drying.
  • Save most trimming for later to retain even more terpenes. I only take off fans.
  • Laying the bags on their side increases surface area facilitating the drying process.

I wash the buds and hang dry for 4 hours and then trim the buds into the bags.

After three days open the bags, reach in and gently bounce the buds apart. Close up and put them back in place.

Do this again at least one more time, about 3 days later. After that you can forget about them.

In two weeks I pull them and finish drying with rice balls to 62-65%. Then into a jar with a Boveda.

NEW
____

The process is a simple one. You want humidity levels at around 45-50% and temperatures at 40-45 degrees F.

* Harvest and wash buds, if that's your inclination. I will tell you, that washing the buds will fascilitate a more even and faster dry. Most of us let the branches hang to dry for around 4 hours. This is completely arbitrary. You're going to dry them nonetheless.

* Trim the buds from the branches small enough that they won't take forever to dry. It'll take a round or two to find your personal sweet spot, but everyone has their own comfort zone.

* Place the buds in jars that'll be gently tumbled daily or every three days, or into paper bags. In either case keep in mind that you're trying to create maximum surface area, so avoid overloading the storage container.

* Occasionally tumble, seperate, or do whatever floats your boat to keep the buds from forming a big, sticky ball. I find that I have great luck with the bags if about every three days I stick a hand in and move things around.

* Once a week let the buds air dry in a room with reasonable humidity to help drop the levels a little faster. I usually don't start doing this until the second week. Larger buds can take up to three weeks to get down to below 70% humidity, but in bags, most material is ready to work the rest of the humidity out in jars, and the cure begins at the two-week mark. I use rice to help with this.

* When you have them stable in the jars, begin curing as per your favorite method.

I should note that she skipped the step where you take them out of the bags after a week and put them in a sealed jar for a few hours with a hygrometer to check the process.

Back
Top Bottom