Hello 420ers I think I may have to take some drastic measures. I am thinking about cutting my largest plant because the rot is taking over it. My thought is it is in the middle of the three plants and is the worst of all of them. My small plant shows very little bud rot but being next to the one in the middle it will not be long before it is infected. The one I will cut has good bud on top but even that is starting to go bad. This way I will get some bud from it and open the way up for the smaller one to hopefully fully mature. The apple fritter is holding her own right now. I really do not want to cut it, but it may save the other two plants. I have to ask what you think.
I get it I have to make this decision myself and I will.

Not sure anyone can make that call but you, but of course anything is better than nothing. Is this the one you smoked the test bud from?
I took a sample of both the apple fritter and the sour diesel, and the sour was not that good. Apple Fritter was OK. But both need more time.

She is not so pretty anymore I am going to cut her this week.

CE75509D-EC07-475B-A165-B0FC0967CBFB.jpeg

06A71DD8-25D6-4081-B837-8EAA4377EE08.jpeg

002680C5-A4B4-4710-A638-340B4F8DA800.jpeg

Too much bud rot and from what I can see her trichomes are cloudy. I will wait till Friday because more rain on Saturday. I am hoping the buds up top are still mostly good. It is another nice day and will be in the 80s the next couple days, that is warm for this time of year. I am going to go as planned take the sour diesel in the middle and hopefully spare the small sour diesel and what I can of the apple fritter. Been cutting rot all morning and it is not going to stop. All in all it has been a good year I grew some nice plants, but the rain has won out so far, next year will be better.

Still looks pretty to me! There are some sad looking plants at harvest around here that look amazing once they're trimmed and hanging upside down. :thumb:
Thanks, Shed but the writing is on the wall for this plant. I just hope the bud is somewhat good and I could still end up with a good amount from her. She had a good run and looked great for a long time. Even with the rot she is one of the best plants I ever grew.

Too much bud rot and from what I can see her trichomes are cloudy. I will wait till Friday because more rain on Saturday. I am hoping the buds up top are still mostly good. It is another nice day and will be in the 80s the next couple days, that is warm for this time of year. I am going to go as planned take the sour diesel in the middle and hopefully spare the small sour diesel and what I can of the apple fritter. Been cutting rot all morning and it is not going to stop. All in all it has been a good year I grew some nice plants, but the rain has won out so far, next year will be better.
Stick with the process, its still your first couple seasons, still in the top percentile most growers cant get close to what you produced for their first couple grows.

Its always a crappy feeling when dealing with some of the struggles of growing outside, once its on the drying rack and you’ve harvested all wont matter.

Its been a great pleasure following your journey keith and you should be very proud. You have growing some beautiful plants and kept up to date sharing your journey!!!

I wish ya all the best in the next couple of weeks keith youve killed it!!

Stick with the process, its still your first couple seasons, still in the top percentile most growers cant get close to what you produced for their first couple grows.

Its always a crappy feeling when dealing with some of the struggles of growing outside, once its on the drying rack and you’ve harvested all wont matter.

Its been a great pleasure following your journey keith and you should be very proud. You have growing some beautiful plants and kept up to date sharing your journey!!!

I wish ya all the best in the next couple of weeks keith youve killed it!!
Thanks for the fine words, Newb.

You made the right decision, Keith- admitting it's time to throw in the towel isn't easy, and you've done your absolute best to keep her going, but it's now becoming obvious that the rot will win unless you take drastic action...
Getting her and her rot away from the other plants can't be a bad thing, either..👍

Come Friday the middle one comes down.
The problem with little buds is that they're not big buds. The problem with big buds is that they're prone to rot. You've done everything you could, and you can't blame yourself. You fought the good fight. You could cut the top out of your Apple Fritter, and let the middle keep going. I've known guys that's done that.

You made the right decision, Keith- admitting it's time to throw in the towel isn't easy, and you've done your absolute best to keep her going, but it's now becoming obvious that the rot will win unless you take drastic action...
Getting her and her rot away from the other plants can't be a bad thing, either..👍
Thanks Carcass I appreciate that.

The problem with little buds is that they're not big buds. The problem with big buds is that they're prone to rot. You've done everything you could, and you can't blame yourself. You fought the good fight. You could cut the top out of your Apple Fritter, and let the middle keep going. I've known guys that's done that.
Thank you POG I have been thinking about it night and day and decided to cut I think it is the best thing for me to do. Cutting the top colas is something for me to think about I just got to get more time out of her.

Back
Top Bottom