I'm aching for you Keith. So much rain.

I'd be willing to bet that you won't get jammed like this again. You now know what can happen with the weather.

Hang in there, man. :thumb:

Does anyone know if it is OK to spray citric acid when it is raining a little outside. My plants are all wet, but I am not sure spraying citric acid will do anything when the buds are wet.
The rain will just dilute it further, so I would wait for the plants to dry before spraying again. Also, does anyone you know have a leaf blower? If a lean-to tarp thing won't work then drying them off quickly after the rain would be the next best thing.

The rain will just dilute it further, so I would wait for the plants to dry before spraying again. Also, does anyone you know have a leaf blower? If a lean-to tarp thing won't work then drying them off quickly after the rain would be the next best thing.
Got my blower just need the rain to stop. Does not make any sense in blowing off my plants if it is still raining.

I'm aching for you Keith. So much rain.

I'd be willing to bet that you won't get jammed like this again. You now know what can happen with the weather.

Hang in there, man. :thumb:
Next year I will have a tent cover for the plants one I can move when it doesn't rain.

Good question- It seems like it would spread the spores, and since stuff is damp, they may germinate (or whatever its called with fungus) very easily...it's not like pollen, which is deactivated if it gets wet- spores probably love the moisture...(although I don't know that for sure)
It might be better to just shake the plant to get a lot of the water off and then let them dry naturally- or blow them off "gently" somehow after shaking most of the water off..

I have a question about using a blower on my pants. Does bud rot have fungus spores and if so, will the blower spread them to the other buds?
The spores are spread by wind and water, but they die when dried. Seems like a crap shoot either way! I'd blow through the plant to the area beyond the garden rather than sideways onto the next plant.

I though all homeowners had lots of spare boards laying around that you could use to make a lean-to. :)

Good question- It seems like it would spread the spores, and since stuff is damp, they may germinate (or whatever its called with fungus) very easily...it's not like pollen, which is deactivated if it gets wet- spores probably love the moisture...(although I don't know that for sure)
It might be better to just shake the plant to get a lot of the water off and then let them dry naturally- or blow them off "gently" somehow after shaking most of the water off..
Thank you for answering my question, Carcass.

The spores are spread by wind and water, but they die when dried. Seems like a crap shoot either way! I'd blow through the plant to the area beyond the garden rather than sideways onto the next plant.

I though all homeowners had lots of spare boards laying around that you could use to make a lean-to. :)
Thanks Shed I think I will do as you suggested.

Better days coming this week Keith!
God knows the plants need it. No rain this morning but there will be very little sun today, but it will be dry, and I will take that. I have to go out and dry them off the best I can. happy days ahead.

They look okay no more rot that I can see.

8B30B261-1A32-4D0F-9EB5-B191BA3A43FC.jpeg

408B7E58-74DD-4142-8DB5-F9858CB5FC39.jpeg

FBC24A8C-41CA-4611-A8BA-D5D7EFC9EBBA.jpeg

This is more like todays pictures

51D2B0E1-93B7-48E9-B09F-1B96E655DDAC.jpeg

4EB47E8D-DCFE-41DC-AB33-DFA145CED622.jpeg

7AA97422-6885-4C7C-BEA5-B1479FDC3FAC.jpeg
Absolute Beasts. :thumb::bravo:
Good luck with the Rot Monster Amigo.
Can you get your hands on any SNS?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

I have bent colas at the top, but they are dry the best I can tell. The breeze is blowing and that is a really good thing I will spray with citric acid this morning.
I dispise doing it but removing some of the thick fans inside to let the air flow might help, maby.
I hate removing anything but your very thick inside.
I mounted @VIVOSUN E6 Swivel Fans directly inside mine to keep rot away. But:rolleyes:
Just a couple pennies. ;)

Bill284 😎

I dispise doing it but removing some of the thick fans inside to let the air flow might help, maby.
I hate removing anything but your very thick inside.
I mounted @VIVOSUN E6 Swivel Fans directly inside mine to keep rot away. But:rolleyes:
Just a couple pennies. ;)

Bill284 😎
I really wish I could get a fan on them but thankfully the breeze is blowing and drying them out.

I really wish I could get a fan on them but thankfully the breeze is blowing and drying them out.
I know that's a bugger.
I quit growing outside because of that.
You have the room for a little greenhouse next year. :thumb:

Bill284 😎

I know that's a bugger.
I quit growing outside because of that.
You have the room for a little greenhouse next year. :thumb:

Bill284 😎
Yes, I do have the room and that is what my son keeps telling me to get a little green house it would be the answer to a lot of my problems. It would give me a lot more control over the rain. I must seriously think about getting one. It would also look really good in my yard.

Back
Top Bottom