Good afternoon :420: I sprayed with citric acid and cut a mess of bud this morning. I hate this bud rot business every time I go out, I find more. I sure hope the citric acid works but at this time I have lots of buds left. It looks like the rot is in the middle of the sour diesel plant and the top bud looks good. I hope it stays that way as my largest buds are at the top, no colas have been affected. I will spray again later. I am not sure how often I should spray but it dries out very fast. I will research if there is anything else I can do at the same time I am using the citric acid. You know me no patience I just want it to go away as fast as possible. My plants are so sticky I have to use Dawn dish spray cleaner to get my hands clean from the stickiness. I hope everyone is having a nice day and that it is as nice there as it is here. Stay happy and good growing.
Those plants look incredible, so sticky! Have you looked for any caterpillars in the plant? A tip to get rid of the stickyness: 'wash' with oil first (I use MCT oil), rubbing really well wherever it's sticky. Then use soap and water and everything comes right off. Good luck getting those beauties to harvest.

You can always use some latex gloves when going out to check on the plants now since theres some bud rot wouldnt want to transmit it another plant. Also will eliminate having to wash off all the resin on your hands after
I know I was looking for some gloves I had a hand full of them at one time but cannot find them.

Thanks for the nice words a tip on cleaning my sticky ass hands. :circle-of-love:
99% alcohol then dry with something but no water. Alcohol will absorb them transfer to towel or cloth. Can be expensive hand wash though 🤣 once gone you can wash your hands with soap then scented hand cream to help hide the smell 😁 it's not legal over here 🤣

Plants are lovely as ever Keith! :thumb:
Sorry to hear that keith i hope the citric acid works. Did someone mention that H202 also work against it aswell?
I tried H2O2 when I used to get a lot of rot but it didn't seem to help keep it from spreading. Didn't work for PM for me either, which is why I started using citric acid.
I sprayed with citric acid and cut a mess of bud this morning. I hate this bud rot business every time I go out, I find more. I sure hope the citric acid works but at this time I have lots of buds left. It looks like the rot is in the middle of the sour diesel plant and the top bud looks good. I hope it stays that way as my largest buds are at the top, no colas have been affected. I will spray again later. I am not sure how often I should spray but it dries out very fast.
What did you add as a surfactant...yucca powder, non-Dawn dish soap? Without any the spray just rolls off the leaves and tends to be less effective. Also, make sure you get the wand inside the plant and give everything a good soaking so it works its way into the flowers if it's going to have a chance against the rot (if it even works on rot I mean).

In terms of how often, if you're seeing caterpillars I would spray BT on everything at least once a week and wait a few days after the BT before using the citric acid, since it will wash the BT away. 2x/week with citric acid should be fine.

Also, I really like the way they did the siding up there:
648A001C-7ED8-41A1-A225-E4CF68615752.jpeg

Plants are lovely as ever Keith! :thumb:

I tried H2O2 when I used to get a lot of rot but it didn't seem to help keep it from spreading. Didn't work for PM for me either, which is why I started using citric acid.

What did you add as a surfactant...yucca powder, non-Dawn dish soap? Without any the spray just rolls off the leaves and tends to be less effective. Also, make sure you get the wand inside the plant and give everything a good soaking so it works its way into the flowers if it's going to have a chance against the rot (if it even works on rot I mean).

In terms of how often, if you're seeing caterpillars I would spray BT on everything at least once a week and wait a few days after the BT before using the citric acid, since it will wash the BT away. 2x/week with citric acid should be fine.

Also, I really like the way they did the siding up there:
648A001C-7ED8-41A1-A225-E4CF68615752.jpeg
Thank you Shed I used mild liquid hand soap with the citric acid. I have seen no caterpillars; I have been keeping my eye out for them looking all through the plant. My neighbor Don did that siding on his house when he added on to it. It used to be a small little house. This guy is talented he can do indoor and outdoor carpentry. he used to be the Westfield building inspector for years. Now he flips houses to keep himself busy. I sprayed my plants this morning and will hit them again tomorrow morning. I hate bud rot I think I had a few buds last year with rot. This year is different I have cut out a good number of buds so far. I got them all that I can see so far. Thanks again for the help.

Thank you Shed I used mild liquid hand soap with the citric acid. I have seen no caterpillars; I have been keeping my eye out for them looking all through the plant. My neighbor Don did that siding on his house when he added on to it. It used to be a small little house. This guy is talented he can do indoor and outdoor carpentry. he used to be the Westfield building inspector for years. Now he flips houses to keep himself busy. I sprayed my plants this morning and will hit them again tomorrow morning. I hate bud rot I think I had a few buds last year with rot. This year is different I have cut out a good number of buds so far. I got them all that I can see so far. Thanks again for the help.
I know it’s a little bit late ⏰ now but I know Dani was having some success with a Jadam tea that he used as a root drench and foliar. He used white willow, comfrey, horsetail and nettles. CL🍀.

I know it’s a little bit late ⏰ now but I know Dani was having some success with a Jadam tea that he used as a root drench and foliar. He used white willow, comfrey, horsetail and nettles. CL🍀.
Thanks Capt. for the tip.

Good morning fellow 420ers Here is some not so good morning pictures. Morning dew all over them not what I wanted. I will have some better pictures later. As soon as they dry out, I will need to spray with citric acid. I hope I do not find more bud rot this morning, but I am bound to find some. Hope everyone is having a nice morning.

Good morning fellow 420ers Here is some not so good morning pictures. Morning dew all over them not what I wanted. I will have some better pictures later. As soon as they dry out, I will need to spray with citric acid. I hope I do not find more bud rot this morning, but I am bound to find some. Hope everyone is having a nice morning.
Giving the plants a good shake at there base helps with drying them off if you arent able to use a leaf blower.

Up in canada the dew is been really bad past couple week ive been coming out every morning and they have been soaked

Ooph sorry to catch up and see the rot Keith.

Still fantastic plants ans just gotta manage it best you can from here on out. 🥲

had a hand full of them at one time but cannot find them.
More than a handful to wasted 😅

Ooph sorry to catch up and see the rot Keith.

Still fantastic plants ans just gotta manage it best you can from here on out. 🥲

More than a handful to wasted 😅
Thanks Nick I will do my best at staying after the rot. It really sucks all this time and I end up with rot. This is what outdoor grows go through. To much rain and more to come Sat. and Sunday. How is my Aussy brother doing.

Thanks Nick I will do my best at staying after the rot. It really sucks all this time and I end up with rot. This is what outdoor grows go through. To much rain and more to come Sat. and Sunday. How is my Aussy brother doing.
👋cant you put a tarp or clear plastic over them for the rain?🤔

This is what outdoor grows go through.
Yeah the nature of the beast!
How is my Aussy brother doing.
I’ll let one like Absorber answer! Your Irish brother (travelling on my Irish pp this trip not English one) is eating some nice food watching the rain fall on the Mekong River in Canbodia with tuk tuks and motors bikes driving past. Very good is the answer but missing my family a bit.

Back
Top Bottom