I have heard somewhere that it works for de-chlorinating water too. CL🍀
I've never dechlorinated water, but that's probably why Shed specifies distilled water in his instructions.
Mel is that 10 grams per gallon if so I do not have a scale. Shit.
Yes, 10 grams. I don't know what volume that would be.

I've never dechlorinated water, but that's probably why Shed specifies distilled water in his instructions.

Yes, 10 grams. I don't know what volume that would be.
I know SmokingWing had a mix last year but I do not have it. Maybe I should just ask him.

Sorry about the rot Keith. :( I haven't found anything that totally prevents it other than spraying with BT to kill the caterpillars that can be one cause. I will say that I hardly see it anymore since I started using citric acid (.25% in distilled water as Mel mentioned) but I won't say it's definitely a preventative. Works on PM for sure though.
Has anyone used Captain Jacks fungicide spray?
Don't use copper fungicides on your flowers as Captain mentioned since they're not safe for smoking. ↓↓
You have to be careful about fungicides. Lots of them say up until harvest but they are not talking about something that you smoke. CL

One important thing to mention is to make Citric acid sprays effective you should mix it with surfactants and combining different non-ionic surfactants makes them more effective like using tween20 and regular dish soap.
I use a tiny amount of yucca powder and find it works really well, but if you use dish soap stay clear of Dawn since it contains petroleum.
Mel is that 10 grams per gallon if so I do not have a scale. Shit.
No scale? Not even a kitchen scale? Okay, here's my suggestion:

1 tsp of citric acid weighs 4.9g which we'll call 5g. I'm guessing that's a measured flat teaspoon used for recipes rather than just something out of the silverware drawer with stuff heaped on it. This matters.

5g of citric acid would be added to 2000ml of DISTILLED water would give you a .25% solution. 2000ml would be close enough to half a gallon to work.

So, for a full gallon pump sprayer you would take 1 gallon of distilled water and add two level measured teaspoons of citric acid.

A few drops of non-Dawn dish soap and you're good to soak the plants from top to bottom.

Hope this helps and :goodluck: .

I hate watching outside grows this time of year. I'd be heartbroken watching this happen, especially when it seems so out of control.

Sorry about the rot Keith. :( I haven't found anything that totally prevents it other than spraying with BT to kill the caterpillars that can be one cause. I will say that I hardly see it anymore since I started using citric acid (.25% in distilled water as Mel mentioned) but I won't say it's definitely a preventative. Works on PM for sure though.

Don't use copper fungicides on your flowers as Captain mentioned since they're not safe for smoking. ↓↓

I use a tiny amount of yucca powder and find it works really well, but if you use dish soap stay clear of Dawn since it contains petroleum.

1 tsp of citric acid weighs 4.9g which we'll call 5g. I'm guessing that's a measured flat teaspoon used for recipes rather than just something out of the silverware drawer with stuff heaped on it. This matters.

5g of citric acid would be added to 2000ml of DISTILLED water would give you a .25% solution. 2000ml would be close enough to half a gallon to work.

So, for a full gallon pump sprayer you would take 1 gallon of distilled water and add two level measured teaspoons of citric acid.

A few drops of non-Dawn dish soap and you're good to soak the plants from top to bottom.

Thanks again Shed I can handle that and will for sure write it down this time. I truely appreciate your knowledge.

You're talking about the powder or tabs, right?
How concentrated are they?
I had liquid citric concentrate and I still have the scars over my worktop lol

You're talking about the powder or tabs, right?
How concentrated are they?
I had liquid citric concentrate and I still have the scars over my worktop lol
Yes, powder If I got it correctly it is 2%

Almost there just ride out whatever comes then chop this is New England so there's always that factor at play. We don't get perfect daily weather here like others at this site do @InTheShed
Thanks Bean

This is real depressing. I have taken off easily an ounce. Luckly, I see no more on the apple fritter, and she did not lose much. I feel for anyone dealing with this. I just keep reminding myself this is part of outdoor growing that I signed up for. The cause rain, bad plant spacing and not good enough trimming back when I did it. I still have a ton of larf. Outside of the rain, I had the control of these. Lesson learned the hard way. I knew I had bad plant spacing early on but waited too long before doing anything and that is how my smaller plant got stunted, I moved the pot after roots already went through the cloth pot into the ground. It's important to get the larf early on and stay after it so the plant can dry faster and the spacing, so the plant are not touching each other. What a hard way to learn and also because shit happens. Still got a lot of bud left. Still love these plants and growing them. I would like to thank everyone for helping during my melt down. I got a laugh at myself.

This is real depressing. I have taken off easily an ounce. Luckly, I see no more on the apple fritter, and she did not lose much. I feel for anyone dealing with this. I just keep reminding myself this is part of outdoor growing that I signed up for. The cause rain, bad plant spacing and not good enough trimming back when I did it. I still have a ton of larf. Outside of the rain, I had the control of these. Lesson learned the hard way. I knew I had bad plant spacing early on but waited too long before doing anything and that is how my smaller plant got stunted, I moved the pot after roots already went through the cloth pot into the ground. It's important to get the larf early on and stay after it so the plant can dry faster and the spacing, so the plant are not touching each other. What a hard way to learn and also because shit happens. Still got a lot of bud left. Still love these plants and growing them. I would like to thank everyone for helping during my melt down. I got a laugh at myself.
Hindsight is always 20/20 huh?

I'm sure you'll adjust & keep rolling along. The mistakes make us better. 🤙

:passitleft:

Sorry to see the loss brother, but thankful it wasn't worse. ✌️

Hindsight is always 20/20 huh?

I'm sure you'll adjust & keep rolling along. The mistakes make us better. 🤙

:passitleft:

Sorry to see the loss brother, but thankful it wasn't worse. ✌️
Thanks, hang on my big boy pants are falling off. Got em need a big boy belt,

Back
Top Bottom