Never used dry nutes before. Would the transition from wet to dry be hard on the plant? I know watering would all change or I think it would. Whatever I change to I want it to be easy to get money matters but not at the expense of the plants. I will pay a little more if it is a better nutrient.

Never used dry nutes before. Would the transition from wet to dry be hard on the plant? I know watering would all change or I think it would. Whatever I change to I want it to be easy to get money matters but not at the expense of the plants. I will pay a little more if it is a better nutrient.
Better is subjective but the transition from PB to GF would begin about two weeks before you run out of PB. It takes a while for the GF to dissolve and fill the pot with nutes and microbes.

I'd price out Remo as well since LKA uses them as does Otter's BIL, both with good results.

If money is not an object I would go Remo. I already am, lol. GeoFlora - I don’t see why it would be a problem to transition, although I’d probably “overlap” them a bit to give the Geo time to establish a microbe colony. You’d be going from chemical to organic. It’s far far less work, which might hit you well in your simple bone. You just water it. Fox Farms will work fine. We all start on it. Most transition off it. Will it work? Sure. I would argue it’s a huge step down from PB. Did you consider Blue Planet? They worked well for me, and they keep you in chemical, you’ve seen what an easy deal they are, and they’re cost effective. Lots of upside there perhaps.

My two cents.

Better is subjective but the transition from PB to GF would begin about two weeks before you run out of PB. It takes a while for the GF to dissolve and fill the pot with nutes and microbes.

I'd price out Remo as well since LKA uses them as does Otter's BIL, both with good results.
I would have to agree all the above mentioned have great results and that's something to think about.

I would not mix slow released amendments that's in Geoflora with readily available soluble nutrients. You have to choose one or the other.

I believe Geoflora is harder to dial in compared to traditional mineral based plant food, and their feeding charts are not very ideal in certain situations.

Their NPK values are a whole other deal and seem very marketing oriented and not very science based. I don't like that they use rock phosphate in their formula.

I think it's best used when premixed and cooked in a soil compared to being top dressed. You mix it like a "super soil" and only feed water from start to finish and only adding more top dressing if needed.

If money is not an object I would go Remo. I already am, lol. GeoFlora - I don’t see why it would be a problem to transition, although I’d probably “overlap” them a bit to give the Geo time to establish a microbe colony. You’d be going from chemical to organic. It’s far far less work, which might hit you well in your simple bone. You just water it. Fox Farms will work fine. We all start on it. Most transition off it. Will it work? Sure. I would argue it’s a huge step down from PB. Did you consider Blue Planet? They worked well for me, and they keep you in chemical, you’ve seen what an easy deal they are, and they’re cost effective. Lots of upside there perhaps.

My two cents.
I did look at Blue Planet and it does look good, and I appears easy to get meaning they will not run out.

I would not mix slow released amendments that's in Geoflora with readily available soluble nutrients. You have to choose one or the other.

I believe Geoflora is harder to dial in compared to traditional mineral based plant food, and their feeding charts are not very ideal in certain situations.

Their NPK values are a whole other deal and seem very marketing oriented and not very science based. I don't like that they use rock basalt in their formula.
Thanks for the advice Waistei I believe you know your stuff when it comes to nutes.

Thanks for the advice Waistei I believe you know your stuff when it comes to nutes.
I edited the post since you quoted but I believe it's better to keep doing what you're doing and maybe experiment with Geoflora on some test plants next run?

I think Geoflora also recommends to premix it in their soils? There's so many good super soil threads and I would look into that a little further going forward with organic amendments. Nothing wrong with Geoflora but like everything else it has a learning curve.

Why not do a comparison? That would be more than great! Cheers!

My 2c’s and I know a guy by rhe name of Bill will
Agree wirh is exactly ehat you jist said. The best nutes are the reliable nutes. I soent months and months learning mine! I don’t ever want to change! 🤣 Terrify me!

I did look at Blue Planet and it does look good, and I appears easy to get meaning they will not run out.

Yep - someone who def knows their nutes! I can swap out an element or two in a shortage but no expert, just focussed on the most reliably delivered.

Nick

I spent 35 minutes watching my Ladybug friend on my plant she comes everyday today. I watched her chase another bug off a leaf, the other bug just went on the underneath of the leaf and when he came back to the top of the leaf. The Ladybug came screaming over and beat him off the plant. It was cool. She is the queen of the plant and I know she will be there tomorrow.

I spent 35 minutes watching my Ladybug friend on my plant she comes everyday today. I watched her chase another bug off a leaf, the other bug just went on the underneath of the leaf and when he came back to the top of the leaf. The Ladybug came screaming over and beat him off the plant. It was cool. She is the queen of the plant and I know she will be there tomorrow.

That's the beauty of outdoors bro.

When I see bugs like that I pull a chair and smoke a fatty; I spent 45 mins last time looking at the frog. lol; Lady bugs avg 20mins looking at them.

glad to know you are enjoying this events.

Good morning 420ers Looks like a little sun this morning after rain all night I still feed this morning and the plants are looking OK. I have not seen my ladybug friend yet may be this afternoon as that is when she shows up. Going to see James Taylor to night. Hope the rain holds out because it is outdoors at the Tangle Wood. If it does rain I have it all under control got rain jackets and ponchos all with a overhead trap. Wishing everyone a great 4th of July and for those non-Americans have a happy day. Keep on growing and stay safe.

Morning pictures hopefully it will stay dry

653752E7-8D1F-42ED-9B38-C2A1AFB21127.jpeg

BE92F0E2-D5B1-4012-988D-D39886956313.jpeg

31EFB727-50DA-4B8C-815B-E980699C3827.jpeg

414E88B8-962B-4AE6-BEC4-6E8E7A21B86F.jpeg

7948FF7E-36D8-4D38-9573-21E927CD803B.jpeg

91020727-74F1-47B4-A26B-C9DC5FCD1EB6.jpeg

Beautiful girls Keith.

They are getting big bro, does your neighbour look at your plants?
I have pretty cool neighbors they come and check out my plants from time to time they usually come over when I am working in the garden, they also get tomato's every year. They get a kick out of how small they are when starting out and think I am a little crazy putting so much time on them. Plus, one neighbor takes some weed every year and I have had no complaints. It is just a little garden.

Back
Top Bottom