Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow

I’m contemplating super cropping the tall ones.. once they hit that cross bar that’s 2 feet away from the light. If the plants double in size from their current height that will put the tall ones 8 inches from the light.

@Gee64 what are your thoughts? Super crop, or just lightly tie them down as they stretch?

Anyone else with thoughts or suggestions please feel free to weigh in.. if I do super crop I should probably do it today or tomorrow
I have never supercropped so I would love to see you do it😈🤣

You can SC K, your plants are healthy enough to handle it for sure.
If you do, I recommend tying the branches down too, especially if you do it before the flip.

I usually do mine around week 2 in flower because of height and canopy. No problems at all.
@024backwards had to as well.

Cheers

I’m contemplating super cropping the tall ones.. once they hit that cross bar that’s 2 feet away from the light. If the plants double in size from their current height that will put the tall ones 8 inches from the light.

@Gee64 what are your thoughts? Super crop, or just lightly tie them down as they stretch?

Anyone else with thoughts or suggestions please feel free to weigh in.. if I do super crop I should probably do it today or tomorrow
I do supercrop leaves though instead of defoliating them.

I have never supercropped so I would love to see you do it😈🤣

🤣🤣🤣

You don't like to train them earlier?

I didn’t want to train them at all.. I wanted to go as natural as possible. 2 of the plants will be fine but the 2 I used voodoo juice on grew so much taller than I expected. They were at 21 inches when they were in a 1 gallon pot so I knew I was in trouble 🤣 they’ve grown 7 inches in almost as many days smh

You can SC K, your plants are healthy enough to handle it for sure.
If you do, I recommend tying the branches down too, especially if you do it before the flip.

I usually do mine around week 2 in flower because of height and canopy. No problems at all.
@024backwards had to as well.

Cheers

What do you mean by tying the branches down? I was gonna crop the main stem, are you saying to tie that down to make sure it doesn’t come back up? Do you have any examples of how you’ve done it?

I do supercrop leaves though instead of defoliating them.

I do the same.. I refuse to take a leaf off unless it’s absolutely necessary, all I can see is all the nutrients and energy it’s expended to create that leaf.. like throwing a fully charged battery in the trash

Here's a pic K,
IMG_20230205_130548827~3.jpg

If not, they will bounce right back up. Especially, hybrids and Sativas.
Cheers

That’s the way I’m leaning.. if they stopped growing right now, they’d still hit 8 inches below the light after stretch if they double in size. Judging by how they’ve been growing they’ll definitely double in size.

Right about here look good or should I go lower you think?

47F898E9-25FA-4FF9-BCBF-0E433F0B8B1A.jpeg
That's probably fine. When you look at it, a bend there almost has no effect on the node directly above the line. Those will be the new height. If that's good for the tent then there you go.

Pushed the walls back out of winter mode on the tent. This lowers the temperature by 4 degrees but increases passive air exchange greatly which is what I need in flower. I just have to increase the heater slightly while it’s still chill weather.

Cranked the rh.. I want it around 70 while it’s about 78f degrees for the transition. I stopped running 85f about a week ago and slowly came down to 78f over said week. As long as she’s in Veg I typically let the humidity sit very high so she’s not hauling ass for no reason.. I will slowly start bringing it down during stretch.

The plants seemed to appreciate the walls being pushed out as well. I would like to do a run without the walls and see how the light works. I have a feeling it’ll run just as well. It’ll be harder to control the temp and rh though.

866E1EA0-A554-466F-A9B9-319B7A3B354C.jpeg

F43CE9E1-3781-450D-ABA4-DD547F0DD79F.jpeg

7DC13E20-6C8D-4427-9D45-7D49512F6EE7.jpeg

EE93BD72-91F0-489B-91D7-1AD935F240FD.jpeg

5E745C53-63E5-450B-8A9E-D88C8C448554.jpeg

10619EB5-BF9D-4181-8C79-373B3F236E69.jpeg

I’ll be doing one last trim today and remove every thing I don’t want flowering. Since I’ve been doing this methodically over Veg it should be very simple, and the plant should really appreciate it.

I may have to go out and purchase the 8 foot bamboo poles just in case I need to support some buds. I’m hoping I’ve grown strong enough stems again to support the weight, I only needed a little rubber wire last time. We’ll see

Pushed the walls back out of winter mode on the tent. This lowers the temperature by 4 degrees but increases passive air exchange greatly which is what I need in flower. I just have to increase the heater slightly while it’s still chill weather.

Cranked the rh.. I want it around 70 while it’s about 78f degrees for the transition. I stopped running 85f about a week ago and slowly came down to 78f over said week. As long as she’s in Veg I typically let the humidity sit very high so she’s not hauling ass for no reason.. I will slowly start bringing it down during stretch.

The plants seemed to appreciate the walls being pushed out as well. I would like to do a run without the walls and see how the light works. I have a feeling it’ll run just as well. It’ll be harder to control the temp and rh though.

866E1EA0-A554-466F-A9B9-319B7A3B354C.jpeg

F43CE9E1-3781-450D-ABA4-DD547F0DD79F.jpeg

7DC13E20-6C8D-4427-9D45-7D49512F6EE7.jpeg

EE93BD72-91F0-489B-91D7-1AD935F240FD.jpeg

5E745C53-63E5-450B-8A9E-D88C8C448554.jpeg

10619EB5-BF9D-4181-8C79-373B3F236E69.jpeg
Man they look good!🥰🥰😍😍👊

Highya Keffka,

I have to agree with Gee! Very well manicured! Great color, big node spacing (which I like), and lots of side shoots! They look very nice! Happy Smokin'

They look ready👍❤️ Lets see how they stretch out. Gonna be fun!😎👊

I decided against supercropping before stretch which I’m likely gonna regret but I want to see how they grow out naturally before making any decisions. The tall ones have indica leaves so I’m hoping they bush more than stretch. The sativa leaf ones are bushing though so who knows what’ll happen during flower. I’ll try back building as well if it gets too wild

I think tomorrow I’ll throw down a layer of EWC and a little extra fish bone meal and Stonington plant food mixed in, that way when it’s time to refresh the mulch in two weeks it’ll be ready for more. I’ll also be hitting it with a tea soon. I’ve gotta go back and see when I put the last one on.

I’m excited to move on to larger pots.. I’ll feel more comfortable topping/manicuring/etc. the recovery time of high stress makes me nervous in the smaller pots.

In this room it’s just gonna be better if I can get the plants to bush out more.. I’ve only got 6 feet from light to floor so my plants can only get 5 feet max after stretch.

I decided against supercropping before stretch which I’m likely gonna regret but I want to see how they grow out naturally before making any decisions. The tall ones have indica leaves so I’m hoping they bush more than stretch. The sativa leaf ones are bushing though so who knows what’ll happen during flower. I’ll try back building as well if it gets too wild

I think tomorrow I’ll throw down a layer of EWC and a little extra fish bone meal and Stonington plant food mixed in, that way when it’s time to refresh the mulch in two weeks it’ll be ready for more. I’ll also be hitting it with a tea soon. I’ve gotta go back and see when I put the last one on.

I’m excited to move on to larger pots.. I’ll feel more comfortable topping/manicuring/etc. the recovery time of high stress makes me nervous in the smaller pots.

In this room it’s just gonna be better if I can get the plants to bush out more.. I’ve only got 6 feet from light to floor so my plants can only get 5 feet max after stretch.
Good decision on SC. I'm only doing it for control. It's there if you need too.

Plants look fantastic K, going to be Monster for sure.
Cheers

Just put in an order on the zon for 2 clip fans.. with the setup I have I don’t have enough airflow running over the tops of the containers to make me happy and my current fans can only be placed on flat surfaces making it difficult to get them at a good angle. I currently have a 12 inch fan blowing between the tops of the plants and the light and a 6 inch blowing along the ground.. I would like to add 2 more 6 inch fans blowing at different heights so I can get really good airflow throughout without leaving any dead spots. I’m gonna need it come flower and when the humidity rises

Flipped to flower last night.. there’s gonna be a small adjustment window.. I flipped at 9 PM EST my lights will come on at 9 AM EST. I actually want the schedule at 6 PM EST to 6 AM EST lights off. I’ll also likely change this once summer electric rates take effect.

I flipped later than I wanted to because I was waiting on my fans to show up as well as testing for light leaks and LEDs in the room. Got everything taped off that needed to be taped off and the room stays dark throughout the day and night. New equipment always requires I stand in the room at lights off. A small imperceptible LED becomes very bright in a pitch dark room

Today I will be top dressing a bit of compost with fish bone meal on top of each plant and giving everyone a nice full watering to ready them for stretch. I usually only give about 250 mls a day currently.. Everyone will get a quart and a half which is right around 1400 give or take. I’ll also be upping the PPMs just slightly to 100. With flowering and stretch initiating their hunger will turn up slightly.

I’ll post pictures once the lights come on

Back
Top Bottom