Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow

Toss in about 10-15% extra perlite into your soil mix itself, even if it comes with perlite in it (I went with 33% in my mix because I also threw in 1:1 EWC and Soil). This will be like throwing lighter fluid down before lighting the coals. It’ll drive increased root growth and microbial action.
Yeah that’s what his method has perlite, frass, bokashi and Myco. CL🍀

Magnesium is a major player in chlorophyl production, which is the boss of photosynthesis, which drives water transport, so as mag replenishes and water moves faster, that overwatered look, which is really just slower moving water weighing the leaves, not actual overwatering, will quickly dissapate.

Once photosynthesis starts to really drive exhaust out through the leaves a suction occurs behind the stomata into the leaves and they will stand back up and prey.

A slight increase in vpd by lowering humidity, and not the light, can aid the process thru evaporation out the stomata.

As more magnesium enters and chlorophyl recovers so more and better photosynthesis can occur it becomes safer to move the light closer, or turn its volume up.

But don't increase vpd until they all show mag recovery or it will worsen in some.

Coddle them with humidity until you can rev them with the light.

Magnesium is a major player in chlorophyl production, which is the boss of photosynthesis, which drives water transport, so as mag replenishes and water moves faster, that overwatered look, which is really just slower moving water weighing the leaves, not actual overwatering, will quickly dissapate.

Once photosynthesis starts to really drive exhaust out through the leaves a suction occurs behind the stomata into the leaves and they will stand back up and prey.

A slight increase in vpd by lowering humidity, and not the light, can aid the process thru evaporation out the stomata.

As more magnesium enters and chlorophyl recovers so more and better photosynthesis can occur it becomes safer to move the light closer, or turn its volume up.

But don't increase vpd until they all show mag recovery or it will worsen in some.

Coddle them with humidity until you can rev them with the light.

Those 2 were given Mag and water days before the others. They’re the ones I intentionally watered ahead of time to see if the aeration was enough to offset overwatering. They’ve got the swollen papery look to their leaves and I’m almost positive it’s overwatering.

What makes me think this is the plant I posted that bounced back today here:

is one of the ones that just got it’s mag and it had the weighted look like the overwatered ones did but did not have the swelling. That one resembled/s what you’re talking about with mag causing less than turgid praying. I have a feeling the overwatering will be a result of uneven aeration due to EWC clumping together because at my ratios it shouldn’t happen.

Also yes! I cranked my humidity way high while this was all going down. Any time I notice an issue my first move is to lower the VPD before anything else to slow the plant down and give me time to react. That’s actually probably the biggest lesson I took from my first journal when you first popped on lol. Slow the plant down until she’s showing that she’s ready to burst

Those 2 were given Mag and water days before the others. They’re the ones I intentionally watered ahead of time to see if the aeration was enough to offset overwatering. They’ve got the swollen papery look to their leaves and I’m almost positive it’s overwatering.

What makes me think this is the plant I posted that bounced back today here:

is one of the ones that just got it’s mag and it had the weighted look like the overwatered ones did but did not have the swelling. That one resembled/s what you’re talking about with mag causing less than turgid praying. I have a feeling the overwatering will be a result of uneven aeration due to EWC clumping together because at my ratios it shouldn’t happen.

Also yes! I cranked my humidity way high while this was all going down. Any time I notice an issue my first move is to lower the VPD before anything else to slow the plant down and give me time to react. That’s actually probably the biggest lesson I took from my first journal when you first popped on lol. Slow the plant down until she’s showing that she’s ready to burst
:thumb: :thumb:

I’m gonna work up a tea this evening. I’ll post the process when it’s finished and I’ve got a moment. The plants have 14-16 days left in their 1 gallons and at their rate of growth we’ll be cutting it close so better safe than sorry. Gender should start showing itself soon. Hopefully I’ll know before I transplant. If I don’t that’s alright it’s not a big deal to yank them back out.

They’ll get put into their 3 gallon smart pots where we will wait for 14ish days then send them in to flower. So right around 30 days left until the fun really begins.

Tea is next. Is this the part where bananas get fermented?

😂 No fermented bananas over this way.. I’ve read about that.. apparently supposed to be good for K.. No I’d prefer any kind of amendments or extras just get put through a worm bin.

There was poop though!!

I’ve got a one gallon container I’ve taped off so light can’t get inside easily. I filled it halfway (half gallon) with pure water then added 2 MLs of organic, no acid, no chelate calmag to bring my ppms to 45-50. PH of my RO water comes out 6-7 which is only slightly relevant but not really since the point of this tea is to revitalize and fuel the micro life more so than the actual nutrients the tea provides.

8A062726-0160-402E-8D3F-078552EC4D86.jpeg

I tossed in a 4 inch air bar as seen here

029B14A4-82D1-4C47-A42C-D51450200977.jpeg

I then put in:
1/4 cup EWC
1/4 Cup Compost
1/4 tsp blood meal
1/4 tsp BSM (blackstrap molasses)
1 tsp Hydrolyzed fish and seaweed extract
1 tsp all purpose 4-4-4
1 tsp of ratiod fish meal, feather meal, kelp extract, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, lobster and crab meal and a dash of potassium sulfate.

I’ve got it all in the jug aerating. I keep it at about 70F and just check in every once in a while. I have a heating pad underneath the bucket to hold temperatures better. I have a dish pad beneath that for cleanliness and to keep the bucket off the cold ground. It’s dirt beneath the floor, the crawl space is forward in the house this is an add on laundry room.

I scrape the sides down then stir it up and let it go back to aerating. It currently looks like this

B4A60FD7-45F0-4EB2-99D6-0A53A3C01CC5.jpeg

I keep it inside a 5 gallon blue bucket and keep a top with holes drilled, on it to prevent stray light from getting in and to keep the mess from getting all over the floor. Once this thing really starts bubbling it can easily spill on to the floor which is an annoying thing to clean up. I have a specific area I do my tea stuff in so it’s all contained in the one corner.

This is a veg tea with a heavy nitrogen lean to help really amp up the bacterial side since I’ve coddled the fungal side for so long. The Hydrolyzed fish will give the fungus some food so it won’t feel left out. I’ve avoided using high levels of BSM and magnesium since we’ve already treated that and don’t want to choke the soil out.

This half gallon of tea will get cut with a half gallon of pure unadulterated water. This will make a full gallon which is enough to cover 8 plants with a half liter which is more than enough at this stage. The flower and finish teas will be slightly larger due to larger requirements.

This is what I mean by measurements and crossing them up 🤣🤣 I do the bigger stuff by gallon and half gallon then smaller becomes liters and half liters 😂
I blame it on the pop (soda) companies of America

😂 No fermented bananas over this way.. I’ve read about that.. apparently supposed to be good for K.. No I’d prefer any kind of amendments or extras just get put through a worm bin.

Disappointing. I was looking forward to witnessing a banana ferment for cannabis. So you would feed the bananas to the worms and harvest their poop instead?

There was poop though!!

Thank goodness for that. What kind of high test poop are you running now?

Disappointing. I was looking forward to witnessing a banana ferment for cannabis. So you would feed the bananas to the worms and harvest their poop instead?

Correct.. The worms will bind the nutrients up into a Calcium carbonate coated casting in addition to whatever they’re digesting, making it packed full of awesomeness.

However, fruits and veggies aren’t really great for a worm bin dedicated to cannabis.. It’s too much water for the worm to be able to produce decent volumes of their castings so it slows us down. If you’re trying to be super earthy and recycle then id recommend a separate worm bin for your food scraps and stuff then use that on plants you’re not trying to drive to the limit

Thank goodness for that. What kind of high test poop are you running now?

Currently I’m using Gaia Green EWC.. I’ve found a few live worms in the bag which is really cool, it means it was pretty fresh. Unfortunately since they’re not from my own bin I can only guess at their exact content. Wasn’t a bad price though.. 35 bucks for 8 gallons, which is enough to get me through to my own worm bin producing.

@Azimuth and I have gone back and forth about Clackamas Coots recommended worm bin.. he says just grab a smart pot, some manure (or leaf mold) and some worms and you should be able to create great castings just like that. He also recommends kelp meal, neem meal, and one other meal I can’t remember, but fairly cheap. Just that (castings) plus some aerated used soil and apparently you can grow excellent quality cannabis that’s extremely resilient.

We’re undecided on the minimum size of the pot required to do this and since I live in a city in a bungalow, I’ve gotta be a little more thoughtful about how to execute this.

You could dehydrate the bananas and grind them into a powder. Banana worm shit could take things to the next level.

That’s brilliant.. Would require extra bananas but the extra bananas would probably be beneficial to my health 😂

Also.. worm poop smells like earth.. if it smells like anything else you’ve got big problems 🤣

This half gallon of tea will get cut with a half gallon of pure unadulterated water. This will make a full gallon which is enough to cover 8 plants with a half liter which is more than enough at this stage. The flower and finish teas will be slightly larger due to larger requirements.

This is what I mean by measurements and crossing them up 🤣🤣 I do the bigger stuff by gallon and half gallon then smaller becomes liters and half liters 😂
I blame it on the pop (soda) companies of America
Hey bro I’m just wondering if your girls would benefit from a little foliar spraying with your tea? CL🍀

Hey bro I’m just wondering if your girls would benefit from a little foliar spraying with your tea? CL🍀

They could. It depends on how they look when I get in there today. They’ve all leveled out since finding their resource piles though so I’m not committed yet. The purpose of this tea is more for the bacteria and micro life than the nutrients themselves. I want to reinvigorate the bacterial side of the soil food web since I’ve spent these last weeks making sure the myco gets a colony going.

It also depends on how large the particles are in the tea.. They could clog up my sprayer.

Yes they would. But nature doesn't foliar spray. So here we are.

Nature could definitely foliar spray. If they were near a waterfall it’d be a constant. If it rained often and hard it would come from tree runoff, soil runoff, and bouncing off the ground. Strong winds could do it too
You’ve gotta put yourself into nature Peat.. Really breathe in the decomposition around you 🤣

You could dehydrate the bananas and grind them into a powder. Banana worm shit could take things to the next level. Or you could keep a flock of bats and feed them bananas. DIY banana guano.

I missed the edit but this is hilarious. I’m not a big fan of guanos, but it would be super legit to have a bat farm 😂 It would likely help keep strangers away too

Back
Top Bottom