Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow

Poor hydration is a problem too. Not just for stones. Green tea is safe to drink daily and actually has some health benefits including chakra benefits. No caffeine tho.

Caffeine is my weakness. I’ll move toward less of it. I know that’s also part of what’s going on with my BP as well. Maybe just one cup of coffee a day for the Alzheimer’s / dementia suppressing effects.

I grew 4 of his. None of them those. Each one was very different from the other and different from other seeds I've grown maybe in some way. All top of the chart flavors and highs in my opinion. All grew strong and predictable.
Chunky Cherry Thai, Black Poison Skunk, Dark Matter, and Red Sky are them. All stellar!

Each one of the strains I looked at was gorgeous with some pretty robust descriptions. I had a feeling the majority of them would be decent. You can tell between the books and the bank he takes his breeds very very seriously and spends a lot of time perfecting them.

Poor hydration is a problem too. Not just for stones. Green tea is safe to drink daily and actually has some health benefits including chakra benefits. No caffeine tho.
My Mother swears by it and drink’s it daily. I don’t care for it and will stay with my daily coffee + wake n bake then later G-rade. CL🍀

And you would have to drink a lot of black tea daily for many years before it's a realistic problem.

I shift around different drinks pretty often.. I get stuck on foods for a long time (have had the same breakfast for 4 years now, every day) but usually I change my drinks every 6 months to a year.

Caffeine is my weakness. I’ll move toward less of it. I know that’s also part of what’s going on with my BP as well. Maybe just one cup of coffee a day for the Alzheimer’s / dementia suppressing effects.
I have to have my coffee in the morning or you don’t want me around.lol CL🍀

I have to have my coffee in the morning or you don’t want me around.lol CL🍀

It’s hard to get up without it. I can do it but I will physically feel like crap for hours if I don’t have caffeine. The body and mind can really put the screws to you 😂

It’s hard to get up without it. I can do it but I will physically feel like crap for hours if I don’t have caffeine. The body and mind can really put the screws to you 😂
I get pounding headache’s if I wake up without it for too long. CL🍀

Lol yep.. that’s what @Gee64 and @GainesvilleGreen and a couple others were talking about. Under LEDs plants seem to either struggle to take up magnesium, or it’s the lack of IR heat due to the lack of IR light in LEDs. That’s what we’re trying to figure out now.

No apologies needed that’s what the journals are all about, questions, Convos, I’m learning just as much as the next and refining my thoughts as well. Mutualism!

The buffet it can pick and choose from is similar to what I’m doing except this is a buffet with a chef at every item. The plant tells the chef exactly what it wants and boom, the chef hand delivers it.

The organic acids and chelated nutrients are like a buffet of ultra processed foods that have been put right into a feeding tube and shoved down the plants throat. Unfortunately the plant is conscious though and can only handle so much at one time and whatever it can’t take gets left on the ground to start rotting.

It would be like if someone else knew what nutrients you needed to live and they were always deciding for you what you were gonna get and when with no regard to how you feel, or what you’re craving, or whether or not you’re actually hungry. You’ll be fed and you’ll sustain, but boy you’ll likely feel like absolute garbage. Plus you never actually have to do ANYTHING to get those nutrients. That’s not good for any living organism.

Keep your questions coming, they force me to reframe and think which doesn’t happen often enough in the real world. So many are content to just follow without understanding. I already did that in basic training as a young man, and again as a Private.. I’m too old for that now 🤣

Thank you for that. I've seldomly encountered your and many here's approaches.

One question is that will you reuse this living soil in next grows? You mentioned reactivating 'dormant' organisms. Will that include some extensive recharging every time? Will that ensure better and better organic networks that will continue and improve quality over time? Similar to the idea of composts sometimes taking a long time to fulfill its potential? There is so much information in this thread so apologies for potentially over looking it. Are you using plain water with some teas along the way? I'd love to use some autopot systems to ensure some weekend vacations and a gunk free option would be great.

I get pounding headache’s if I wake up without it for too long. CL🍀

It’s not really a post to love 😂 but I totally get that.. I get a headache and it’s like my stomach doesn’t fully wake up without it either so I’m left feeling off in my gut. It reminds me of addiction, which I’m fairly certain that’s what it is just not as violent feeling.

When I was in the Army I could get up and go workout for an hour and a half without any caffeine at all.. Ahh youth, and also the threat of demotion, imprisonment, and forfeiture of pay makes it easier to wake up and go 😂

Please grow this for me. It's fems. Breeder sells direct and gives discounts to Veterans. NASC has them too.

Space-Queen-XX-Brothers-Grimm-Seeds.jpg
Im growing the White Truffles x C99 from him that was a freebie.
His C99 was nice back in the day.
Cool guy, even though he wears that black cowboy hat. Lol

Thank you for that. I've seldomly encountered your and many here's approaches.

One question is that will you reuse this living soil in next grows? You mentioned reactivating 'dormant' organisms. Will that include some extensive recharging every time? Will that ensure better and better organic networks that will continue and improve quality over time? Similar to the idea of composts sometimes taking a long time to fulfill its potential? There is so much information in this thread so apologies for potentially over looking it. Are you using plain water with some teas along the way? I'd love to use some autopot systems to ensure some weekend vacations and a gunk free option would be great.

Yes I will reuse the soil. We refer to it as recycling the soil. One of the main reasons for going with a bagged soil in the beginning is for the physical properties and structure of the bagged soils themselves more so than any nutrient content in them. This is why we like something organic and/or with a decent source for its materials. We want good physical materials instead of poor physical materials laced with fertilizers

The mycorrhizal are the dormant organisms we will reactivate. It is a fungal network that increases in efficiency with time and experience. When we recycle our soil, parts of it will be set to the side away from the recycling process, due to the “cooking” (composting) process the soil will go through. The cooking process will destroy the mycorrhizal due to the heat so we want to keep some uncooked so we can perpetually use the myco.

The recycling process involves using specific amendments such as kelp meal, greensand, azomite, etc. and a good amount of nitrogen tossed into the used soil to cook (compost) everything back into the soil. As we use it, it becomes more rich and efficient at growing our specific plants.

Another avenue that some take that I am working toward is worm bins. We feed all of our amendments into the worm bin. Worms digest these amendments and poop them out encased in calcium carbonate and are extremely beneficial for use in our grows. To the point some people only use old soil, worm castings, and some aeration.

The recycling process only takes about 30 days, and that’s in a cooler environment. If you have a warmer environment it takes less time. The worm bin process takes longer but from what we can see, is worth the added time.

Yes I use pure water (0 ppm no greater than 15-20.. you could likely get away with as much as 50-75 before major issues) for my Jump off point for everything. Teas will be brewed from pure water. Currently I am having to add low amounts of calcium and magnesium to my water since the current setup doesn’t have enough of those nutrients to sustain the entire grow.

There’s also something called living water, which I haven’t gotten into but it’s along the lines of using freshwater fish tank water, as well as adding specific meals (cakes In Europe) and nutrient blends to the water. There’s a few people using auto pots with this system already so it’s definitely something you can achieve.

I believe that’s everything you asked about, if I missed something or you want something expanded on feel free to ask!

Yes I will reuse the soil. We refer to it as recycling the soil. One of the main reasons for going with a bagged soil in the beginning is for the physical properties and structure of the bagged soils themselves more so than any nutrient content in them. This is why we like something organic and/or with a decent source for its materials. We want good physical materials instead of poor physical materials laced with fertilizers

The mycorrhizal are the dormant organisms we will reactivate. It is a fungal network that increases in efficiency with time and experience. When we recycle our soil, parts of it will be set to the side away from the recycling process, due to the “cooking” (composting) process the soil will go through. The cooking process will destroy the mycorrhizal due to the heat so we want to keep some uncooked so we can perpetually use the myco.

The recycling process involves using specific amendments such as kelp meal, greensand, azomite, etc. and a good amount of nitrogen tossed into the used soil to cook (compost) everything back into the soil. As we use it, it becomes more rich and efficient at growing our specific plants.

Another avenue that some take that I am working toward is worm bins. We feed all of our amendments into the worm bin. Worms digest these amendments and poop them out encased in calcium carbonate and are extremely beneficial for use in our grows. To the point some people only use old soil, worm castings, and some aeration.

The recycling process only takes about 30 days, and that’s in a cooler environment. If you have a warmer environment it takes less time. The worm bin process takes longer but from what we can see, is worth the added time.

Yes I use pure water (0 ppm no greater than 15-20.. you could likely get away with as much as 50-75 before major issues) for my Jump off point for everything. Teas will be brewed from pure water. Currently I am having to add low amounts of calcium and magnesium to my water since the current setup doesn’t have enough of those nutrients to sustain the entire grow.

There’s also something called living water, which I haven’t gotten into but it’s along the lines of using freshwater fish tank water, as well as adding specific meals (cakes In Europe) and nutrient blends to the water. There’s a few people using auto pots with this system already so it’s definitely something you can achieve.

I believe that’s everything you asked about, if I missed something or you want something expanded onfeel free to ask!
Do you have a link for the fish water? I’ve never heard anything about it but it sounds interesting. CL🍀

yes, that answered a lot. It seems that I'll have to some more research about the recharge minerals. I've heard some youtubers mentioning that in their new grows they use at least 30% of the old soil. I'm guessing your aims are using a bit more of that after the recharged soil is done cooking?

One more random question though. Does coconut water have any place in a system like yours? I don't think many will have access to worm bins or aquarium water :(

Do you have a link for the fish water? I’ve never heard anything about it but it sounds interesting. CL🍀

I’m looking for it right now but it looks like they removed it from the site. @StoneOtter @Gee64 can you access the living water links? They were just up the other day.. You think this means 3rd edition is coming? Would make sense since I just bought the 2nd 😂

For you Cap, he’s got a section in his book where he covers it. I’ll snap some pictures of the pages for you just give me a little bit

yes, that answered a lot. It seems that I'll have to some more research about the recharge minerals. I've heard some youtubers mentioning that in their new grows they use at least 30% of the old soil. I'm guessing your aims are using a bit more of that after the recharged soil is done cooking?

One more random question though. Does coconut water have any place in a system like yours? I don't think many will have access to worm bins or aquarium water :(

A worm bin can be built for a fairly low price. Just a smart pot, manure or compost, and worms and you’ve got a worm bin going.

I have heard of coconut water but not directly for this style. I’d have to look into it further. The cool thing about growing like this is there’s many different ways you can approach it and you don’t have to be locked into one specific way of doing things. The most critical element is just ensuring you’ve got a good quality water source, and some good aeration in your medium.. we can work with everything else using a vast array of different products/items/resources.

A worm bin can be built for a fairly low price. Just a smart pot, manure or compost, and worms and you’ve got a worm bin going.

I have heard of coconut water but not directly for this style. I’d have to look into it further. The cool thing about growing like this is there’s many different ways you can approach it and you don’t have to be locked into one specific way of doing things. The most critical element is just ensuring you’ve got a good quality water source, and some good aeration in your medium.. we can work with everything else using a vast array of different products/items/resources.

So it seems! I guess it goes down to which ingredient can do what and in what ratio to prevent any nutrition lock out.
Its claimed the coconut water is great for the beginning and later stages of veg. What it does in flower. That's down to what is what in the water and how it can play out in the greater scheme.

Back
Top Bottom