Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow

I went with the 1-0-0 calmag myself.. didn’t want anything too overbearing if I was gonna need it.

@Gee64 is it my leaf temperature or root zone temperature I’m trying to mind for the calmag? My LST runs 2 degrees lower than my room temp. I don’t think it’s going to be related to the heat itself since I’m in the zone. Unless of course we’re talking about mid 80s.. I’d need to take my room to 90 for that

I got tired of my phone going slow and being unsure of the lighting in my photos so I went and got an iPhone 13.. I was using a 7.. figured it was time for at least a little upgrade lol.. it’s a little bit of an adjustment, but it’s nice to be able to type this out and not wait for the phone to catch up with what I’m typing.

I went with the 1-0-0 calmag myself.. didn’t want anything too overbearing if I was gonna need it.

@Gee64 is it my leaf temperature or root zone temperature I’m trying to mind for the calmag? My LST runs 2 degrees lower than my room temp. I don’t think it’s going to be related to the heat itself since I’m in the zone. Unless of course we’re talking about mid 80s.. I’d need to take my room to 90 for that

I got tired of my phone going slow and being unsure of the lighting in my photos so I went and got an iPhone 13.. I was using a 7.. figured it was time for at least a little upgrade lol.. it’s a little bit of an adjustment, but it’s nice to be able to type this out and not wait for the phone to catch up with what I’m typing.
If your canopy is running 2 degrees below room temp means your air circulation is near perfect !

Hey guys Neil suggested we raise our calmag for his light the Goliath . I used the 1-0-0 calmag just shy of the manufacturer dosing .
That's interesting Neil said that. I've heard that before and didn't put much weight in it. I just mentioned earlier that my most beautiful looking grows have been watched very closely and given some epsom salts early. If I don't they go mag def.. I thought I was doing something wrong! Maybe not.

That's interesting Neil said that. I've heard that before and didn't put much weight in it. I just mentioned earlier that my most beautiful looking grows have been watched very closely and given some epsom salts early. If I don't they go mag def.. I thought I was doing something wrong! Maybe not.
I keep adding extra till last three or four weeks of flower. I’m still on the $18 a grow nutrient (mc) helps pay for ercots electricity each grow .
I should probably just add epsom salt it’s always magnesium she needs .

Does dwc require a recomended regular cal-mag feeding as a general rule? I ask because LOS doesn't so the recomended dose is nil. I'm pretty sure Neil is a synthetic guy.
In my signature at the bottom I ran his nutrients line including his calmag and asked me to increase it for the light . Both came up no problems at all with the increase . Missed spelled Acapulco

I have mag def in my Rev LOS with young plants. Nothing but knowing I get it and preempting with epsom salts has made an almost perfect looking grow. Thought I had it fixed but I think not.
At what rate do you add it? I'm getting early signs of N deficiency which I can't believe is what it is, so maybe it's a mag issue for me, too.

At what rate do you add it? I'm getting early signs of N deficiency which I can't believe is what it is, so maybe it's a mag issue for mee, too.
Nitro def's are very often calcium defs causing a too high ratio of unchecked mag which locks up nitrogen. I would start with a calcium drink from the top. Is this a sip pot? If you think your nitro levels are proper then they probably are, just locked out.

Nitro def's are very often calcium defs causing a too high ratio of unchecked mag which locks up nitrogen. I would start with a calcium drink from the top. Is this a sip pot? If you think your nitro levels are proper then they probably are, just locked out.
Oh, great. I'll give my WCA a go. :thanks:

If your canopy is running 2 degrees below room temp means your air circulation is near perfect !

This was slightly tough in the beginning but it was a matter of figuring out good fan placement and ensuring I had decent passive air exchange. It helps being in an uninsulated attic so the air outside the walls is constantly refreshed.

I hung the tent pieces individually and have a fan blowing along the bottom of the tent and in between the light and the tops of the plants. I also keep a fan going lightly across the top of the soil line when I can. I have to change the fan speeds when I increase the light power, but I don’t move my light at all which I think is what makes it simpler to maintain.

I have an inline fan to remove excess heat when it becomes a problem but it doesn’t really kick on during the winter.

Just a quick update.. I’ll post pictures later.. Hit everyone with a foliar spray before dinner, then hit them again right as lights were coming on. Watering should happen in the next few days and I’ll hit them with 60 ppm pure water dosed with calcium carbonate, magnesium sulfate, soy hydrolysate. Depending on how they react to the foliar I may have to increase this dosing for a few select plants.

I'm a bit late to your thread but I'm interested in your thoughts on what you said here.

I do not use chelated nutrients. I originally was going to try to do an “organicish” grow where I’d use any products listed as OMRI but quickly realized that was a terrible idea and wasn’t really “organic”.

Does that include nutrient lines like biobizz and canna? I'm returning to the scene from a 15 year hiatus so I'm going to use such products now before developing my own system. They all say it's organic but there isn't much info beyond saying it's sourced in a "sustainable" way.

At what rate do you add it? I'm getting early signs of N deficiency which I can't believe is what it is, so maybe it's a mag issue for me, too.
I put a tablespoon on top of a 10 gallon pot if the issue happen there. Otherwise for smaller pots a tablespoon in a gallon of water and water to runoff once. I may do it one more time later on if it shows up again.

I'm a bit late to your thread but I'm interested in your thoughts on what you said here.

Does that include nutrient lines like biobizz and canna? I'm returning to the scene from a 15 year hiatus so I'm going to use such products now before developing my own system. They all say it's organic but there isn't much info beyond saying it's sourced in a "sustainable" way.

I would have to look at the specific ingredients but it likely includes not using those as well. I avoid organic acids which is what they use in a lot of the organic nutrient lines. They make the nutrients available to the plants at absurdly high levels.

Organic like you said typically refers to sustainability or specific processes. I don’t bother with the labels and words, just the ingredients themselves.

I have been refining my analogy but I view it similar to McDonald’s.

You could sustain life on McDonald’s. However if you’re not extremely picky and particular about balancing your McDonald’s diet you will become sick, overweight and unhealthy. Same thing with chelated nutrients and organic acids.. It’s making the entire menu available to plant and shoving it down its throat. Letting the soil food web work is letting the plant be picky and choosy about what it eats.

That’s why it’s more important I know what I’m giving the soil versus having an “organic” label or process.

BLAH! I always despise the day before my VA appointment.. my medicine always runs out today so I already know the morning will be annoying.

Thankfully though my BP is down.. Measured it earlier and I was 134/86 which is better than the 150/98 and is way better than the 180/119 I was rocking for a week

Back
Top Bottom