Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow

Welcome! Anyone that’s a member of this community is always welcome to sit in. The journals around here are where some of the best gems can be found. My bookmark list is getting big 😂
Yeah my email is getting full of notifications from all the stuff I’m following. So many great growers and great people here. Feel free to come say hi to my Malawi Gold :). Take care! I’ve already learned a bit from your journal :)

Yeah my email is getting full of notifications from all the stuff I’m following. So many great growers and great people here. Feel free to come say hi to my Malawi Gold :). Take care! I’ve already learned a bit from your journal :)

Lol I had to turn off email notifications I wasn’t able to see anything else.

I will definitely stop through and see what you’ve got going on!

I have. Its why I put so much effort into myco. Myco takes orders from the plant and manages the microbes that the plant needs at any specific time by any specific microbe. It does it by taking sugar from the plant and bribing specific microbes at specific times for the plant to get its specific needs fulfilled to achieve its full genetic potential.

Microbes inside seeds are the immune system a plant is born with, almost identical in purpose to the immune system a newborn child gets from Mothers Milk. A seed has everything it needs to survive for 10-14 days but after that in organics, myco must be established to propagate and farm the microbes in the rhizosphere.
Then the myco delivers the goods to the plant, gets more sugar, and expands its cartel.

Some burnt out old hippie said something like "He who gets the most sugar wins" and this is how you use that sugar for the win. This is also the main reason 1/3 of my soil is always used soil. It already has a massive pile of dormant microbes and fungii in it, far surpassing in value the same amount of soil if it weren't used. Its referred to as innoculation.

People will forever argue whats better, organics or synthetics. Well it depends what you mean by better. A synthetic plant will never be equal to an organic plant for 1 reason, it has zero chance of ever reaching its genetic potential, because the plant never gets to tell anyone what it wants or needs, and the potential of a plant to reach its genetic potential starts with whats in the seed so a synthetic seed is already at a disadvantage as its not innoculated so.... if your seeds are synthetic soak em in water, no harm. If they are organic, start em in dirt....USED DIRT! Its not to strong on nutes but extremely strong in genetic potential.

I like Durban Poison and my Durban soil only gets used for Durban.... See where I am headed with that? maybe specifics need specific things...

I am laughing my bag off right now Keff because I have walked this path, and if you feel enlightened now... screenshot this and lets talk in 1 year exactly. All I can say is your diet and health are about to change. You are at the doorway to finding out why they say Organics isn't a growing style, its a life style.

We are what we eat so if you want natures innoculation to your health you need natures innoculated seeds.

Almost kinda makes sense sorta...in a burnt out hippie kinda way👊

Enjoy this ride Keff, your a quick study. I'm glad I met you. Its exciting to see you excited.

Thanks for a few months of excellent company and entertainment in your 1st journal. The pleasure was and is all mine hanging out.
Thanks, Gee. :thanks:

And the difference between myco and mycelium?

Transplanted the first seedling tonight.

I threw myco in the hole before putting the plant in

Then I popped the seedling out of the solo to check the root growth. I’m pleased with what I saw but I know I can get more than that faster than that

You can see in that picture the mycelium from the myco is fuzzy on the sides. Branching also looks decent. The roots are thick and bright

I have a slight tremor that makes single handed shots difficult. I need to figure out a way around this but in this image you can see the mycelium coming straight out of the root. We have Endo myco confirmation.

Here’s another somewhat shaky shot.. I didn’t have many top feeder roots so that’s interesting.. Perhaps I need to spray the top down more often in sprout

Here it is transplanted. I did this close to lights out so they could rest after the transplant.

I made a ring of a 1/4 tbsp blood meal and 1/4 tbsp Stonington plant food around the outside perimeter. Then I mulched over and watered it in with a half quart of pure water.

There’s definitely a few changes I want to make but overall I’m pleased with what I saw. That’s it for tonight. I’ll have more coming tomorrow.

Haha it gets better in time mate, I couldn’t measure at all until I began using an infant liquid medicine syringe for to figure out the ML of ferts I was adding, I also began using 1L bottled water as my container :nerd-with-glasses:
Then I figured out I could mix up a gallon and pour it into 1L bottles and hook them up to my watering pump lol it’s been a doozy

Your garden looks fantastic though!!

Haha it gets better in time mate, I couldn’t measure at all until I began using an infant liquid medicine syringe for to figure out the ML of ferts I was adding, I also began using 1L bottled water as my container :nerd-with-glasses:
Then I figured out I could mix up a gallon and pour it into 1L bottles and hook them up to my watering pump lol it’s been a doozy

Your garden looks fantastic though!!

Part of my problem is the cross conversions and volumes. In my head I’m able to create these little images I can store on a notecard in my brain to access later, however there’s something about conversions and liquids and volumes that I just can’t put into a stackable form in my mind. Every time I think I’ve got it I turn around and realize I’ve made something triple strength by accident 😂

I also think doing construction and repair work has drilled into me measure twice cut once, so even if I’m 100% positive my measurement is correct, I still check it to make sure. It’s really hard to correct cutting off too much wood for a step 🤣

None really. myco is short for mycorrhizal fungii. A mycelium is a fungal network. When myco gets established in a pot it forms a mycelium.

I would say the difference is, the mycelium is what the mycorrhizal uses to reach out into the soil. Mycorrhizae is what it’s called when the plant and mycorrhizal form an association. The mycorrhizal then sends out mycelium to tap the environment around it. The mycorrhizal can also use the mycelium to hunt down prey through a variety of sensory mechanisms. However because of how the fungal network works, it’s all interconnected hence there not being much of a difference. This is why mycelium strands can be used to propagate mycorrhizae

I am determined to surpass the teacher 🤣

This mornings view

Everyone is happy.. growth spurts all around except transplant 1. However transplant 1 already looks good and has started lifting back up

I’ve got the other containers prepped and acclimating to the environment

I’ve got cardboard there as a temporary solution. I’m thinking of ways to lessen evaporation off the transplant pots without mulching beforehand. I’d also prefer to keep direct light off of it until there’s a plant filling the hole.

I won’t add anything extra to my solo cups so they get what they get. My 1 gallons are loaded up so they’ll get what they need when they transplant

Got a handful of little mutations.. I’ve found they usually grow out of these quickly

Webbed finger

Missing finger

Webbed finger

Highya Keffka,

Phenominal growth overnight! They're really liking what you're giving them!! Great job! Happy Smokin'

Ooo she did not like being put up on the table with everyone else lol.. Those curved tips are light indicators in my room. I just brought one of my milk crates in and flipped it upside down and put her down on it.. probably at least 6 inches lower. I saw this last grow and this is her first sign she’s not happy with the light placement.

8CA45970-135A-4480-A835-EFBA9F93512B.jpeg

47B1F924-BEC2-44CD-8136-ED614558F2A3.jpeg

B8E72C3D-3E34-4928-A419-5FB65CC01408.jpeg

Are you using the Stonneton blend? She light between the veins. Mag?
Good call lowering it from the light.

Just went in yesterday to 111 Stonington, EWC, Perlite and was given nutrient blends on the bottom and top.

I run the CoM seedling starter as well. It’s just lightly amended with organic matter and myco. It’s low in numbers to give myco the chance to colonize. They do 2 weeks in that then hit the 1 gallons. She’ll take off within the next 48 hours

None really. myco is short for mycorrhizal fungii. A mycelium is a fungal network. When myco gets established in a pot it forms a mycelium.
Oh, that's cool. So, I have leaf mold as the base ingredient in my mix. As I make the leaf mold, sometimes there are little clumps that start to form that are held together by strands of white hairs. I assume that is myco and that the white fuzz I also see on top of the mix when I add stuff like malted barley is the mycelium?

When I pot-up I've been breaking one of those clumps in two and setting them just below the root ball but so the roots touch the white hairs. Is this similar to what Great White and Myco are doing?

This is why mycelium strands can be used to propagate mycorrhizae
Do the myco need to be physically added or do they magically appear on their own?

Oh, that's cool. So, I have leaf mold as the base ingredient in my mix. As I make the leaf mold, sometimes there are little clumps that start to form that are held together by strands of white hairs. I assume that is myco and that the white fuzz I also see on top of the mix when I add stuff like malted barley is the mycelium?

Correct. There are quite a variety of different mycorrhizal, so it’s hard to say whether they’re beneficial for our purposes but they’re certainly not harmful. If anything it’s a good sign. You know what you’ve got is hospitable to fungal growth. If this is occurring inside your pot that’s definitely a good sign.

When I pot-up I've been breaking one of those clumps in two and setting them just below the root ball but so the roots touch the white hairs. Is this similar to what Great White and Myco are doing?

Yes, it’s the same thing. If it looks like it’s connected to your roots then even better, you’ve got symbiosis aka a mycorrhizae.

Do the myco need to be physically added or do they magically appear on their own?

In nature myco will show up on their own eventually when the environment is alive and hospitable. You can speed this up by adding them but they’ll eventually come if conditions are good.

In our containers we need to either reapply it every grow or use our root ball soil from a previous grow that hasn’t been cooked. This is why some people leave out some of their used soil from any sort of amending or cooking to preserve the myco that’s gone dormant.

Any fungii that has a symbiotic relationship with a plant is classified as a mycorrhizal fungii. Mycorrhizae is latin for "Root Fungus".

There are 2 main classes of myco fungii. Endo and ecto mycorhizae. Vegetables, of which cannabis is classified, mainly use endo, and trees mainly use ecto.

The fungii puts out those white hairlike structures to grow through the soil similar I suppose to a branch of a tree, and an individual white hairlike strand is called a hyphae. A collection of hyphae is called a mycellium. A mushroom is a flower growing from the mycellium.

The largest, and possibly oldest know living organism is a mycellium know as The Honey Fungus. Its about 2400 acres in size and 2000-8600 years old and powers an entire forest if I recall correctly.

Google "Suzanne Simard" and you will see some incredible studies on what a mycellium can actually do. Its a true network.

Find her study on how trees communicate and how she used radioactive isotopes to prove it. You may quite possibly never harm a tree again when you see how the whole grove feels its pain.

Baby trees that are devoid of proper light way down on the forest floor are fed by the giants through the mycellium and different species of plants commonly send nutrients to each other, not just to their own species, through the mycellium.

Its Uber Eats for plants. Log into the network and put in your order. Nature is so incredible.

She grew up literally over the mountain from me playing in the same magical Old Growth Forests on Vancouver Island as I did.

Back
Top Bottom