Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow

Aren't chloroplasts the structures which perform photosynthesis?
I'll go back and do some reading, as I can't remember the details, but I thought chlorophyll was essential to the process.
I thought so as well however there’s been recent findings that show chloroplasts will respond to certain forms of stress including red ratio. a:

From this perhaps chromoplasts come forward, especially during flowering/fruiting. As a result of the ratio, these chromoplasts apparently can carry on their own metabolic functions:

I’m currently reading through the bacteria stuff I mentioned but I planned on diving deeper into what Bugbee was talking about. It’s been a while since Ive read about photosynthesis. I remember distinctly him referring to this being what light burn actually is but listening rarely sticks as well as reading.

Do you want me to send you the Bugbee podcast and see if you can run down what he meant? Sounds to me like you understand the photosynthetic abilities better than I do.

Here’s the paper on what Dr B was talking about.. Essentially red light is minimally absorbed by chlorophyll. When the red ratio and intensity are at a specific point plants sense this through the photoreceptor phytochrome and initiate a response.

Photo bleaching is unique to cannabis and happens to the very tops of flowers since they’re closest to the light. They turn white due to the lack of necessity for chlorophyll since it already is minimally absorbent for red light.

There’s not a hard answer but putting other studies together it sounds like either chloroplasts turn to chromoplasts and carry on with metabolic functions due to the stress response, or the chloroplast just degrades period, removing chlorophyll. This has no impact on cannabinoids, terpenes, nor yield but does create an unsightly flower.

I thought so as well however there’s been recent findings that show chloroplasts will respond to certain forms of stress including red ratio. a:

From this perhaps chromoplasts come forward, especially during flowering/fruiting. As a result of the ratio, these chromoplasts apparently can carry on their own metabolic functions:

I’m currently reading through the bacteria stuff I mentioned but I planned on diving deeper into what Bugbee was talking about. It’s been a while since Ive read about photosynthesis. I remember distinctly him referring to this being what light burn actually is but listening rarely sticks as well as reading.

Do you want me to send you the Bugbee podcast and see if you can run down what he meant? Sounds to me like you understand the photosynthetic abilities better than I do.
Here’s the paper on what Dr B was talking about.. Essentially red light is minimally absorbed by chlorophyll. When the red ratio and intensity are at a specific point plants sense this through the photoreceptor phytochrome and initiate a response.

Photo bleaching is unique to cannabis and happens to the very tops of flowers since they’re closest to the light. They turn white due to the lack of necessity for chlorophyll since it already is minimally absorbent for red light.

There’s not a hard answer but putting other studies together it sounds like either chloroplasts turn to chromoplasts and carry on with metabolic functions due to the stress response, or the chloroplast just degrades period, removing chlorophyll. This has no impact on cannabinoids, terpenes, nor yield but does create an unsightly flower.
Thanks, I'll take a look at it tomorrow morning, I'm way too stoned for those right now:volcano-smiley:

Today is transplant day for plant 1.. I’ll post the update when it happens but there is this

2E76E5B9-E7EF-416E-9AE1-4A502D41F67B.jpeg
F26AF5C6-DDD8-4630-A628-1F1D855353EA.jpeg

This is the first container I’m going into.. you can already see mycelium growth before we even transplant in.. I probably don’t even need to sprinkle myco in.

I will update after the process

I troll Keff . I'm always here but not here. Lmao air force vet. . See me but then u don't. . lmao
Leave it to the Air Force to just be hanging around doing nothing 😂😂

It’s funny talking crap about other branches in front of civilians, they get so horrified with the things we say to each other.. My Mother was livid with me for weeks for talking crap to her Navy brother about him being a seaman 🤣

:popcorn:
Love to grab a seat if thats cool my friend.

Absolutely! The more the merrier! It’s always beneficial to have multiple eyes on stuff, especially with how singular my focus gets, I often overlook basic stuff 😂

Leave it to the Air Force to just be hanging around doing nothing 😂😂

It’s funny talking crap about other branches in front of civilians, they get so horrified with the things we say to each other.. My Mother was livid with me for weeks for talking crap to her Navy brother about him being a seaman 🤣
Exactly!!!!!!!! And I was good at watching too. Hiding in the sand. But I did have few friends behind me with A10s and C130s. It's fun to call in strikes.

@Grand Daddy Black I forgot to tag you in this earlier.. When you germ in the shot glasses do you use that water in your soil? I think if each seed was in its own glass you could probably just empty it straight into a hole then cover it up and keep all the bacteria

Also @Azimuth this fully vindicates your straight into the medium process. I concede, see the bottom of the post 😂

@Krissi Carbone and @Emilya Green were/are you aware of these strain specific rhizophagy and beneficial bacteria that are seed bound? I’ve never read this before and apparently it’s a fairly recent find.

I heard this on a podcast with Jeff Lowenfels talking about Teaming With Bacteria. I’ve got Teaming with Bacteria coming Thursday.. as soon as I heard this I went to Amazon and ordered it lol

There’s huge Bacteria involvement in trichome development as well (this will be of great interest in relation to the droughting Krissi is working on). He’s also talking about these Bacteria that can fix nitrogen themselves deliver it to the plant and restart the cycle over and over as long as the plant wants it.. it’s these same Bacteria that cause root hairs to grow (the analogy was, our current understanding of how the plant works with microbes is akin to farming, plant puts something in the soil to get something in return, whereas these rhizophagy are akin to the plant ranching since it is using the bacteria and their movements themselves to take nutrients sends them back out into the soil to restart again). The implications of what has been discovered are enormous.. We can see at least a 30% supply of nitrogen to the plant from these bacteria.. It’s breathtaking. It’s so ridiculously amazing I’m having trouble focusing my thoughts into a single line of thinking and felt/feel the need to just blurt it all out 😂

@Gee64 have you heard of any of this? I can’t wait to get the book.. I really enjoy Jeff’s analogies and matter of fact way of delivering the information. His theories are typically on the nose as well.

I’ll be interested to see how clones work in relation to this.. obviously they won’t have that same bacterial load as a seed.. Maybe since they’re already developed, the bacteria is residing within the tissues since it is endophytic microbes and bacteria we’re talking about. Now that I type that I bet that’s exactly it. It’s how it gets to the seeds in the first place.
I have. Its why I put so much effort into myco. Myco takes orders from the plant and manages the microbes that the plant needs at any specific time by any specific microbe. It does it by taking sugar from the plant and bribing specific microbes at specific times for the plant to get its specific needs fulfilled to achieve its full genetic potential.

Microbes inside seeds are the immune system a plant is born with, almost identical in purpose to the immune system a newborn child gets from Mothers Milk. A seed has everything it needs to survive for 10-14 days but after that in organics, myco must be established to propagate and farm the microbes in the rhizosphere.
Then the myco delivers the goods to the plant, gets more sugar, and expands its cartel.

Some burnt out old hippie said something like "He who gets the most sugar wins" and this is how you use that sugar for the win. This is also the main reason 1/3 of my soil is always used soil. It already has a massive pile of dormant microbes and fungii in it, far surpassing in value the same amount of soil if it weren't used. Its referred to as innoculation.

People will forever argue whats better, organics or synthetics. Well it depends what you mean by better. A synthetic plant will never be equal to an organic plant for 1 reason, it has zero chance of ever reaching its genetic potential, because the plant never gets to tell anyone what it wants or needs, and the potential of a plant to reach its genetic potential starts with whats in the seed so a synthetic seed is already at a disadvantage as its not innoculated so.... if your seeds are synthetic soak em in water, no harm. If they are organic, start em in dirt....USED DIRT! Its not to strong on nutes but extremely strong in genetic potential.

I like Durban Poison and my Durban soil only gets used for Durban.... See where I am headed with that? maybe specifics need specific things...

I am laughing my bag off right now Keff because I have walked this path, and if you feel enlightened now... screenshot this and lets talk in 1 year exactly. All I can say is your diet and health are about to change. You are at the doorway to finding out why they say Organics isn't a growing style, its a life style.

We are what we eat so if you want natures innoculation to your health you need natures innoculated seeds.

Almost kinda makes sense sorta...in a burnt out hippie kinda way👊

Enjoy this ride Keff, your a quick study. I'm glad I met you. Its exciting to see you excited.

Thanks for a few months of excellent company and entertainment in your 1st journal. The pleasure was and is all mine hanging out.

I have. Its why I put so much effort into myco. Myco takes orders from the plant and manages the microbes that the plant needs at any specific time by any specific microbe. It does it by taking sugar from the plant and bribing specific microbes at specific times for the plant to get its specific needs fulfilled to achieve its full genetic potential.

Microbes inside seeds are the immune system a plant is born with, almost identical in purpose to the immune system a newborn child gets from Mothers Milk. A seed has everything it needs to survive for 10-14 days but after that in organics, myco must be established to propagate and farm the microbes in the rhizosphere.
Then the myco delivers the goods to the plant, gets more sugar, and expands its cartel.

Some burnt out old hippie said something like "He who gets the most sugar wins" and this is how you use that sugar for the win. This is also the main reason 1/3 of my soil is always used soil. It already has a massive pile of dormant microbes and fungii in it, far surpassing in value the same amount of soil if it weren't used. Its referred to as innoculation.

People will forever argue whats better, organics or synthetics. Well it depends what you mean by better. A synthetic plant will never be equal to an organic plant for 1 reason, it has zero chance of ever reaching its genetic potential, because the plant never gets to tell anyone what it wants or needs, and the potential of a plant to reach its genetic potential starts with whats in the seed so a synthetic seed is already at a disadvantage as its not innoculated so.... if your seeds are synthetic soak em in water, no harm. If they are organic, start em in dirt....USED DIRT! Its not to strong on nutes but extremely strong in genetic potential.

The other benefit of said used dirts lack of nutrients is it allows myco to establish easier. If the nutrients the plant wants are in sufficient numbers the plant has no reason to call for myco. This was an intriguing concept. Most people avoid nutrients in the beginning out of fear of burning their roots/plants which is really just a secondary concern imo.

I like Durban Poison and my Durban soil only gets used for Durban.... See where I am headed with that? maybe specifics need specific things...

I am laughing my bag off right now Keff because I have walked this path, and if you feel enlightened now... screenshot this and lets talk in 1 year exactly. All I can say is your diet and health are about to change. You are at the doorway to finding out why they say Organics isn't a growing style, its a life style.

We are what we eat so if you want natures innoculation to your health you need natures innoculated seeds.

Almost kinda makes sense sorta...in a burnt out hippie kinda way👊

😂 dude it’s wild you said that because I’ve been looking at the nutrition labels far more recently. Tracking the actual nutrients I’m consuming and the ingredients in the things I’m eating. I’ve already switched the family over to drinking and cooking with filtered/ro water

Enjoy this ride Keff, your a quick study. I'm glad I met you. Its exciting to see you excited.

Thanks for a few months of excellent company and entertainment in your 1st journal. The pleasure was and is all mine hanging out.

Thank you! I’m beyond happy to have had a chance to learn from you.. It’s changed my outlook on so much and has really helped me to view life more holistically and consciously. I look forward to where everything goes from here much more positively than before I started this journey, I’m glad to have you along.

lololol....My 1st 2 ebooks that I ever purchased.

Screenshot_20230105_145613_Google Play Books.jpg

Lol I “found” teaming with microbes and when I was finished I felt almost guilty I learned so much, so I bought Nutrients and Fungi on ebook. I’ll likely go back and get the hard copies eventually because I prefer physical books for references.. It’s easier for me to find what I want in a physical book than an ebook.

A lot going on in here :) I’ll hang out if you don’t mind :)

Welcome! Anyone that’s a member of this community is always welcome to sit in. The journals around here are where some of the best gems can be found. My bookmark list is getting big 😂

Back
Top Bottom