Jon's Second Grow, First Grow Journal, Soil Grow Autos & Photoperiod

Random picture of a Cinderella Jack just beginning to frost up. Just for the hell of it.

CJ FROSTY BEGIN.jpg

Cool. Awesome. And yes. I'll try the attach multiple files function and see if that does anything different. Nope. Not giving me the function. Oh well. The pictures are in the order below.

Here you go: Weird Pheno 1, Identical 2, Identical 3

I'm saying 2 and 3 are the same and I is Pineapple Express too, but it's way different. No? Really just curious. And thanks again.

pe 1 pheno.jpg

pe 2 sky.jpg

pe 3 sky.jpg
That is unique. 1 is stretching like a sativa with spiral node spacing. And big fat leaves?
2 and 3 seem squat and full buds and really skinny leaves. Phenos can come from grandparents of a girl. Its odd i agree.
Bill

If anyone with auto experience has an opinion (or anyone else) on potential outcomes here I'd love to hear you.
They should do fine IMO. Those buds will stand toward the light in a day or two. Even though they bud in 24 they are still just plants.

Phototown Update
Day 61 Veg
Damage Update

The girls are going to hit the screen any minute. They are simply loving life, there's no other way to say it. I have nothing negative to report about these girls, other than how excited I am to try to fill my first scrog screen. So I was looking at these guys, and after I did a VERY little bit of very targeted defoliation and put them all in their approximate final positions, they appear as in all the pictures. Well, you guys keep telling me to fill the screen 75% and then flip them, which leaves me room to manage the stretch in the screen in a perfect world. I get that. So here's the thing that my inexperienced eyes see: it's gonna take no time at all to fill this screen 75% of the way. I mean, they're already filling almost 50% of the screen right now. Given the rate of growth these plants have displayed, I can't see it taking more than what, a week? Ten days? How fast is the growth when you start sending the branches horizontal under the screen?

Anyway, then there's the issue of the cola/branch my buddy snapped, that I posted about the other day. Well, as pissed off as I was about that, I have to once again just MARVEL at the resilience of a marijuana plant. Check out the picture of the broken branch/cola. That's her today. I'm thinking she's not going to die, but flourish. I'm also thinking I must have done something right in the way I fixed her. Even a blind pig gets an acorn once in a while, lol. Needless to say this thrills me beyond thrilling me. She was solid enough today that I removed the support skewer. It's truly astounding that a cut that bad can fix itself almost to entirety in just a few days. WOW, I love these plants!!!!!! She's back, baby!

At this point it is difficult to get a full view picture of the girls cuz they're so big and the light is so low. I had to pull way back to get the screen shot, but hopefully you can see how close we are. Then I gave a solo shot of each plant and a closeup of the not so broken branch/cola. Heh.

Enjoy. Have a great week everyone.

Photographs:

Pineapple Upside Down Cake #1
Pineapple Upside Down Cake #2
Blueberry Muffin Solo
Jelly Rancher #1
Jelly Rancher #2 (note not so broken cola/branch on lower right of frame)
Closeup of recovery branch/cola on Jelly Rancher #2
The Gang about to hit the screen

Pineapple Upside Down Cake #1.jpg

Pineapple Upside Down Cake #2.jpg

Blueberry Muffin Solo.jpg

Jelly Rancher #1.jpg

Jelly Rancher #2.jpg

Not so broken branch and cola.jpg

About Screen Time.jpg

Phototown Update
Day 61 Veg
Damage Update

The girls are going to hit the screen any minute. They are simply loving life, there's no other way to say it. I have nothing negative to report about these girls, other than how excited I am to try to fill my first scrog screen. So I was looking at these guys, and after I did a VERY little bit of very targeted defoliation and put them all in their approximate final positions, they appear as in all the pictures. Well, you guys keep telling me to fill the screen 75% and then flip them, which leaves me room to manage the stretch in the screen in a perfect world. I get that. So here's the thing that my inexperienced eyes see: it's gonna take no time at all to fill this screen 75% of the way. I mean, they're already filling almost 50% of the screen right now. Given the rate of growth these plants have displayed, I can't see it taking more than what, a week? Ten days? How fast is the growth when you start sending the branches horizontal under the screen?

Anyway, then there's the issue of the cola/branch my buddy snapped, that I posted about the other day. Well, as pissed off as I was about that, I have to once again just MARVEL at the resilience of a marijuana plant. Check out the picture of the broken branch/cola. That's her today. I'm thinking she's not going to die, but flourish. I'm also thinking I must have done something right in the way I fixed her. Even a blind pig gets an acorn once in a while, lol. Needless to say this thrills me beyond thrilling me. She was solid enough today that I removed the support skewer. It's truly astounding that a cut that bad can fix itself almost to entirety in just a few days. WOW, I love these plants!!!!!! She's back, baby!

At this point it is difficult to get a full view picture of the girls cuz they're so big and the light is so low. I had to pull way back to get the screen shot, but hopefully you can see how close we are. Then I gave a solo shot of each plant and a closeup of the not so broken branch/cola. Heh.

Enjoy. Have a great week everyone.

Photographs:

Pineapple Upside Down Cake #1
Pineapple Upside Down Cake #2
Blueberry Muffin Solo
Jelly Rancher #1
Jelly Rancher #2 (note not so broken cola/branch on lower right of frame)
Closeup of recovery branch/cola on Jelly Rancher #2
The Gang about to hit the screen

Pineapple Upside Down Cake #1.jpg

Pineapple Upside Down Cake #2.jpg

Blueberry Muffin Solo.jpg

Jelly Rancher #1.jpg

Jelly Rancher #2.jpg

Not so broken branch and cola.jpg

About Screen Time.jpg
I keep a roll of duct tape in every room. You never know when you'll need it. Fixed a few girls. BTW that third string from the left is .002mm off. :rofl:
Everything is immaculate. Girls are happy very nice.
Bill

I keep a roll of duct tape in every room. You never know when you'll need it. Fixed a few girls. BTW that third string from the left is .002mm off. :rofl:
Bill
Thanks Bill. You know what's fascinating? Check out that screen shot. You see how four of those five plants are almost exactly the same height, but the one in the back right corner is just a tiny bit smaller? That tiny bit smaller plant is the plant that was broken by my buddy. When he broke it, it was exactly the same height as the others. It's been three or four days. What I'm suggesting is that you can visually see that it was necessary for that plant to slow down it's growth for a couple days so that it could divert energy instead to fixing the wound. Does that sound about right? That's what my inexperienced eyes see.

Thanks Bill. You know what's fascinating? Check out that screen shot. You see how four of those five plants are almost exactly the same height, but the one in the back right corner is just a tiny bit smaller? That tiny bit smaller plant is the plant that was broken by my buddy. When he broke it, it was exactly the same height as the others. It's been three or four days. What I'm suggesting is that you can visually see that it was necessary for that plant to slow down it's growth for a couple days so that it could divert energy instead to fixing the wound. Does that sound about right? That's what my inexperienced eyes see.
Very good observation. Its a great theory that makes sense.
Who wants to volunteer to test it? I never defol or trim anything once in flower.
My theory is the plants have an adverse reaction like you say,growth slows.
I believe different chemicals are produced in her don't quote me. She goes into defence repair mode. Gradually back to grow mode.
Thats a perfect example. Consequently my girls look like a zz top tribute band.
Don't be shy with the nuggets of wisdom.
Did you fix the string that was 0.002 ml out of center.
Bill

Very good observation. Its a great theory that makes sense.
Who wants to volunteer to test it? I never defol or trim anything once in flower.
My theory is the plants have an adverse reaction like you say,growth slows.
I believe different chemicals are produced in her don't quote me. She goes into defence repair mode. Gradually back to grow mode.
Thats a perfect example. Consequently my girls look like a zz top tribute band.
Don't be shy with the nuggets of wisdom.
Did you fix the string that was 0.002 ml out of center.
Bill
I did, but you must have been eyeballing it, cuz it was only 0.0018 mm out of center. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for the response.

I won't defol either once I flip, and haven't once until today since very early. And all I took today was a total of eight fan leaves on all five plants combined. Hardly qualifies as a defol. Lol. I just took a few little ones that I couldn't tuck and were blocking directly new growth, and a few of the dying fan leaves from the bottom that weren't getting any light. That said, in the auto tent, as the buds get taller, and only because they're so far into budding now that they basically don't need the fan leaves at all, I occasionally have been plucking the ones from the top of the buds if they block light from the buds forming below it. But even there just a few. Of course once the screen is filled in the photo tent I will do the standard "below the screen clearance" thing, which I can't see and nobody has yet told me differently that there's a good reason to NOT do that.

Pretty psyched Bill I gotta admit. I'm feeling like I could scarcely be set up better to do my first scrog. It feels like (and this is really just lucky I think) I somehow have nailed the timing of when these girls should flip to flower and when they'll produce the best results. I don't know how they could be any healthier, more vigorous, or have any tighter nodes than they do. I don't even know how I grew this. Lol.

:snowboating:

I did, but you must have been eyeballing it, cuz it was only 0.0018 mm out of center. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for the response.

I won't defol either once I flip, and haven't once until today since very early. And all I took today was a total of eight fan leaves on all five plants combined. Hardly qualifies as a defol. Lol. I just took a few little ones that I couldn't tuck and were blocking directly new growth, and a few of the dying fan leaves from the bottom that weren't getting any light. That said, in the auto tent, as the buds get taller, and only because they're so far into budding now that they basically don't need the fan leaves at all, I occasionally have been plucking the ones from the top of the buds if they block light from the buds forming below it. But even there just a few. Of course once the screen is filled in the photo tent I will do the standard "below the screen clearance" thing, which I can't see and nobody has yet told me differently that there's a good reason to NOT do that.

Pretty psyched Bill I gotta admit. I'm feeling like I could scarcely be set up better to do my first scrog. It feels like (and this is really just lucky I think) I somehow have nailed the timing of when these girls should flip to flower and when they'll produce the best results. I don't know how they could be any healthier, more vigorous, or have any tighter nodes than they do. I don't even know how I grew this. Lol.

:snowboating:
Don't sell your self short omg. Things don't look that perfect by accident.
I still don't have the skill or patience to get anywhere close to setting up a scrog like that. I can see it now giant buds like rows of corn all in formation.
While I'm still at a zz top tribute concert.
Cleaning out underneath is the one thing I do. I believe the increased volume is worth any ill effect it has.
Bill

Bill
I'll show you a ceiling shot of the auto tent next time. I know from duct tape. You'll laugh your ass off. The stuff is miraculous and better than string most of the time.

The girls are going to hit the screen any minute.
Man they are looking good. Don't breathe on them :rofl:

I will do the standard "below the screen clearance" thing, which I can't see and nobody has yet told me differently that there's a good reason to NOT do that.
It's actually very beneficial... everything down there will never get enough light anyway and will just end up larf so all you are doing at that point is removing "sucker shoots" that are robbing nutrient and energy (sugar) from your SCROG. Your fat buds will be fatter.

Interesting theory about the repair slowing growth and probably correct though I can't prove it.

Happy 420 Everyone!

A couple pictures to share...

- Closeup of Gorilla Zkittlez bud Day 51...how much longer can she go? Any auto guys wanna chip in?
- Perspective shot of the same bud
- The screen in Phototown has officially been breached!

hmmm.jpg

Perspective.jpg

breach.jpg

Happy 420 Everyone!

A couple pictures to share...

- Closeup of Gorilla Zkittlez bud Day 51...how much longer can she go? Any auto guys wanna chip in?
- Perspective shot of the same bud
- The screen in Phototown has officially been breached!

hmmm.jpg

Perspective.jpg

breach.jpg
Happy 420 man :passitleft:

man that auto turned it on FAST :yummy:

Happy 420 man :passitleft:

man that auto turned it on FAST :yummy:
I know! I don't even know what to do with her! Should I start flushing? She's SO far ahead of all the others it's crazy. I keep checking her trichomes, but for one, she's not particularly trichomey on the outside (although I can see she has dense crystal all the way through), and for two, they're still underdeveloped and clear. Barney's Farm says she's about 68-70 days from seed, which would give her about 19 more days. Based on her trichomes that would seem about right. But based on her colors and density she looks pretty damn mature. Lol. What a problem to have. I'm gonna defer to the trichomes. They tend not to lie. Plus, every day she continues to shoot these little "fox-taily" type growths all around the buds, which then integrate into the whole bud over the course of the day. That's just how they grow. So they're still building, they're just growing fatter and wider more than they are taller. SUPER dense buds. I have no earthly idea what kind of yield that plant will give me. I'm guessing I'll be lucky to get an ounce dry, although I like to estimate on the low side so I'm not too disappointed. There's pretty much at least an ounce on her now I suspect.

We'll see! Fun in unpredictable Autotown!

all night baby :thumb:
Not only have I never grown and auto, I've never grown an indica either. They grow way different than sativas. Even in autoflowers. Thank god autos don't stretch as much as regular plants, at least these didn't. Stayed controllable. But I literally have no idea when this plant is gonna be ready. Right now she's still getting visibly larger every day, so I ain't in no hurry to harvest her. Lol. I hope you're right!

I've never grown an indica either. They grow way different than sativas.
Indica's usually are much shorter and bushier with fatter leaves which makes them ideal for indoor. They flower much faster than sativas as well which is why you see so many sativa indica hybrids. Some like the cerebral high of the sativa but I much prefer the body high of the indica (like riding the big ass roller coaster for the first time).
But I literally have no idea when this plant is gonna be ready.
Have most of the trich's turned opaque (cloudy) yet?

Indica's usually are much shorter and bushier with fatter leaves which makes them ideal for indoor. They flower much faster than sativas as well which is why you see so many sativa indica hybrids. Some like the cerebral high of the sativa but I much prefer the body high of the indica (like riding the big ass roller coaster for the first time).

Have most of the trich's turned opaque (cloudy) yet?
Nope. And I'm going off trich's. There's not a whiff of cloudy yet. Frankly this plant I thought would have shot much more out by now. The Cinderella Jacks look as if they were rolled in sugar. And you can see they're on the inside of the Gorilla, but the sugar leaves don't have a ton yet. The ones they do are entirely clear. Certainly more than enough to produce a great smell and to check accurately for trich development. I'm hoping she'll spray a bunch out pretty much nowish or whatever her last two weeks are. Should be about nowish. Barney's Farm said 70 days and today is 52.

Back
Top Bottom