Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Kelp is always good.. It has something like 60+ trace elements and all kinds of goodies. Kelp should be cooked first as well. Adding it raw or unprocessed can overwhelm the environment
I've got a kelp based KNF extract that I use as part of my veg nutes but I was wondering more about mixing kelp into the mix as a significant component as I think it high in K as well as many growth hormones and all the trace elements you mention.

I think I may have mentioned once or twice that coco is an almost perfect soil carbon. But I appreciate the path you are walking, and coco would defeat your misssion.
Yes, you did mention it several times as a soil carbon, but left out the part it could play as a K input.

I think my comfrey input might very well provide what I need and I've just started adding that to both compost and worm bins so it will be many months before I see how it does. Hopefully it does well since I tripled my plot last year and that's not a plant that can be removed easily. :oops:

I've got a kelp based KNF extract that I use as part of my veg nutes but I was wondering more about mixing kelp into the mix as a significant component as I think it high in K as well as many growth hormones and all the trace elements you mention.
I just found a wicked cool cheap source of kelp. Equestrian supply stores. Who knew that it's an important part of horse diets.

In Canada I pay $20 for 1.5 kg of garden kelp, but I get 5kg for $45 bucks. Cheap calciums too. Dolomite and gypsum in 50 lb bags. Because its for feed, they list all the values too.

Yes, you did mention it several times as a soil carbon, but left out the part it could play as a K input.

I think my comfrey input might very well provide what I need and I've just started adding that to both compost and worm bins so it will be many months before I see how it does. Hopefully it does well since I tripled my plot last year and that's not a plant that can be removed easily. :oops:
I just found out last summer that alfalfa grows wild around my house. If you can grow some of that, its pretty good stuff.

I just found a wicked cool cheap source of kelp. Equestrian supply stores. Who knew that it's an important part of horse diets.

In Canada I pay $20 for 1.5 kg of garden kelp, but I get 5kg for $45 bucks. Cheap calciums too. Dolomite and gypsum in 50 lb bags. Because its for feed, they list all the values too.
Interesting. We've got a new farm supply store round here that I stopped into for the first time last week. They had big bags of alfalfa meal pellets I may use to heat up my winter compost pile.

Never stopped to look at what else they have in bags. Thanks for the suggestion. :thanks:

I just found out last summer that alfalfa grows wild around my house. If you can grow some of that, its pretty good stuff.
Alfalfa is supposed to be pretty good stuff with a very deep mining tap root like comfrey has. I haven't looked at the nutrient profile of that but it's root is supposed to be even longer than comfrey.

Comfrey has high levels of NPK and is low in most of the other minor nutrients but luckily stinging nettle is exactly the opposite, low PK but high in most every thing else. Almost the perfect pairing!

Interesting. We've got a new farm supply store round here that I stopped into for the first time last week. They had big bags of alfalfa meal pellets I may use to heat up my winter compost pile.

Never stopped to look at what else they have in bags. Thanks for the suggestion. :thanks:
They have all sorts of things. The calciums are usually in the warehouse so you need to inquire at the counter. Prilled, powdered, whatever you want. Cheap and food grade.

They have all sorts of things. The calciums are usually in the warehouse so you need to inquire at the counter. Prilled, powdered, whatever you want. Cheap and food grade.
Awesome. That way I could buy a 200 pound bag and use it a half teaspoon at a time. :laugh:

Alfalfa is supposed to be pretty good stuff with a very deep mining tap root like comfrey has. I haven't looked at the nutrient profile of that but it's root is supposed to be even longer than comfrey.

Comfrey has high levels of NPK and is low in most of the other minor nutrients but luckily stinging nettle is exactly the opposite, low PK but high in most every thing else. Almost the perfect pairing!
What does the length of the tap root have to do with it?

Prilled. ?? What’s the difference?

Whatchoo guys smoking today? I’m a Gorilla Zkittlez guy today.

IMG_3207.jpeg

Whatchoo guys smoking today? I’m a Gorilla Zkittlez guy today.

IMG_3207.jpeg
She’s so frosty it’s almost impossible to capture the colors cuz the trichome blanket keeps picking up and reflecting tons of light. Here’s a try:

IMG_3208.jpeg

Check it out, you gonna like it. I think it's 3-1-2, and loaded with traces, plus growth hormones and proteins. It's a broad spectrum N source just as kelp is a broad spectrum K source.

Use both, now your composting!

Blackberry Moonrocks

Since we are no longer doing the Remo by the book experiment on this auto, now I’m going to nute her Jon style.

Here’s her recipe for the next week:

5 ml Calmag plus iron (Humboldt’s Secret, 2-0-0)
8 ml Micro
8 ml Bloom
10 ml VeloKelp
6 ml MagNifiCal
10 ml Nature’s Candy
0 ml Astro Flower - 4 ml Astro Flower alternating
1 tbsp Bembe (Fox Farms)
1/2 scoop Seaweed supplement (Blue Planet)

See how she likes that.

Back
Top Bottom