Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

🥰It looks like a plush-toy🥰
So when I was researching this strain, I came across a bunch of fan and marketing pictures, but it was the fan ones that got me. It seems everyone gets these big, dense, chunky buds. The award didn’t hurt my perception either. I think had I not stretched the buds out I’d have the same type buds shown in these pictures. You can be sure I’ll be trying her again. You can already see she’s going to be insanely powerful…

These pics are all from growers like us who grew the SG.

IMG_3179.jpeg

IMG_3183.jpeg

IMG_3182.jpeg

IMG_3181.jpeg

Skywalker
Feed Day

This morning was a Geo Bloom/EWC/Kelp/RGR feeding. I held back on the Wholly Mackerel this time, as I believe that may be partly responsible for my tiny yellow leaf tips. It’s pretty hot. And she’s been such a good girl that today I also added a hit of crack for her, her first sugar application in the form of the blackstrap organic unsulphured molasses. My understanding from @Gee64 and @Keffka and others, is that in organics (or semi) one should use sugars sparingly. Like a treat, not a staple. As I said, this was her first one. This Skywalker, perhaps not surprisingly, is by FAR my healthiest, sweetest plant. I don’t need to take a Brix reading on her - I can see she’s firing on all cylinders. Besides, I’m not yet willing to give up any of her leaves. Lol.

Morning @InTheShed - well, we have reached a point with the Blackberry Moonrocks where I have to discontinue the Remo experiment for this one plant.

Note the pictures below and the leaf tips starting to curl upwards. This is not good. Obviously. And it’s the easiest thing on earth to diagnose, since I know the light is not too high. This means only one thing - TOO MUCH NUTES. And it didn’t begin until we bumped up to 10ml per the feed chart. So 10 is too hot. At least for this strain.

The fix is this: I am discontinuing the Astro Flower altogether for a while, and I’m keeping the Micro and Bloom at 8ml, not 10. I’m certain the super high K numbers are at fault.

Sorry buddy - I love this plant. I’m not trashing her for the sake of an experiment. The others are all three still on the plan.

IMG_3186.jpeg

IMG_3185.jpeg

Morning @InTheShed - well, we have reached a point with the Blackberry Moonrocks where I have to discontinue the Remo experiment for this one plant.

Note the pictures below and the leaf tips starting to curl upwards. This is not good. Obviously. And it’s the easiest thing on earth to diagnose, since I know the light is not too high. This means only one thing - TOO MUCH NUTES. And it didn’t begin until we bumped up to 10ml per the feed chart. So 10 is too hot. At least for this strain.

The fix is this: I am discontinuing the Astro Flower altogether for a while, and I’m keeping the Micro and Bloom at 8ml, not 10. I’m certain the super high K numbers are at fault.

Sorry buddy - I love this plant. I’m not trashing her for the sake of an experiment. The others are all three still on the plan.

IMG_3186.jpeg

IMG_3185.jpeg
Hi @Jon, are you using Remo 8ml/1 liter? I want to try them on one plant in the next round of my growth, do you have any advice on how to start growing with Remo?

Hi @Jon, are you using Remo 8ml/1 liter? I want to try them on one plant in the next round of my growth, do you have any advice on how to start growing with Remo?
Hi @Kanno26 - yes. Here’s what I have found, and this is my third grow exclusively with them.

1. Follow the feed chart to the letter in veg. In veg, these nutes are spectacular. If you follow the feed chart exactly, you’ll get gorgeous plants in veg.
2. Begin week one of the chart when the plant has its first set of thee finger leaves.
3. When you flip to flower, you are well served to begin watching your leaves closely. The nutes are hot for flower. Especially on the K side. It is really easy to get crispy leaves. My suggestion, which echoes Remo’s suggestion, is to not go to 10 ml/gallon (4 liters, not 1, as you know) when the chart says to. Instead, stay at 8 ml/gallon. On all ingredients that go to 10 stay at 8. It’s plenty.
4. It is really important to stop using the MagNifiCal when the feed chart says to, otherwise you’ll burn the plant.
5. If you do begin to get leaf curl or burning from over nutes, my suggestion is to discontinue the Astro Flower. If you see the numbers on it, the K is 11! On top of the 7 in the Bloom. It’s way hot. If you get burn or curl, that is likely the culprit.

That’s what I got for now. Lemme know if I can assist. Hope that’s helpful.

Blackberry Moonrocks

Other than a bit of leaf curl we talked about earlier, now corrected hopefully, this girl is rocking and rolling. Her stacking is unreal. I see seven colas which will all grow together into one giant bud, likely more down lower. She’s going to yield well, and I can just about guarantee that had I not stripped her down low and kept up on it, those upper colas would not be nearly as sweet. I’m learning that shit buds rob more energy than I previously thought. Addition through subtraction. It works.

IMG_3188.jpeg

I’m smoking this Platinum Mimosa Cookies indica this morning. Rough night - it’s an indica morning. I have been letting this cure untouched and barely opened since harvest of last grow. She’s humming so hard. Deep, berry madness. Superior buzz. Lasts forever. Great for pain. Smells so good you want to eat it, not smoke it. But perhaps my favorite quality of this weed is the perma-grin factor. It’s high. High enough that just for a little while I can actually forget how shitty most humans are.

IMG_3190.jpeg

Skywalker
Feed Day

This morning was a Geo Bloom/EWC/Kelp/RGR feeding. I held back on the Wholly Mackerel this time, as I believe that may be partly responsible for my tiny yellow leaf tips. It’s pretty hot. And she’s been such a good girl that today I also added a hit of crack for her, her first sugar application in the form of the blackstrap organic unsulphured molasses. My understanding from @Gee64 and @Keffka and others, is that in organics (or semi) one should use sugars sparingly. Like a treat, not a staple. As I said, this was her first one. This Skywalker, perhaps not surprisingly, is by FAR my healthiest, sweetest plant. I don’t need to take a Brix reading on her - I can see she’s firing on all cylinders. Besides, I’m not yet willing to give up any of her leaves. Lol.

Yep once or twice per phase at the max for sugary treats.

I dont like doing brix measurements. I only do them if I’m having an issue, otherwise I watch for signs in the plants. Vibrant, meaty, and shiny leaves are a great indicator. A lack of insects/pests to include FG. Strong ridged branches with lots of “fuzz” or “hairs” on them like this

IMG_6218.jpeg

And this

IMG_5853.jpeg

There’s a few other signs as well but these are the easiest ones to pick out

Here’s an example of shiny, meaty and colorful

IMG_6213.jpeg
Thanks @Keffka! I’ll try to get a natural light photo (yours looks super natural, what light are you using again?), but here’s what I have going on. How am I doing in the same regard, considering I’m only semi? And btw, completely understand all that, and use much of it already. Thanks.

Thanks @Keffka! I’ll try to get a natural light photo (yours looks super natural, what light are you using again?), but here’s what I have going on. How am I doing in the same regard, considering I’m only semi? And btw, completely understand all that, and use much of it already. Thanks.
Here’s the stems.

IMG_3194.jpeg

IMG_3195.jpeg

I have a Growers Choice ROI E720, it’s a 4’x4’ Full spectrum 8 bar 1000W LED (800 true draw), I use an iPhone 13 to take my pictures.

Your plant looks great.. Vigorous and healthy in those images

I have a Growers Choice ROI E720, it’s a 4’x4’ Full spectrum 8 bar 1000W LED (800 true draw), I use an iPhone 13 to take my pictures.

Your plant looks great.. Vigorous and healthy in those images
Ah, the mighty ROI. Almost bit on that more than once.

Ah, the mighty ROI. Almost bit on that more than once.

The second NCO I ever had in the Army wound up moving 2 hours from where I live. He started growing and he’s the kind of guy that goes all out. He used the ROI for one grow then moved on to this light:

IMG_6555.png

When I decided to start growing indoors he offered me the ROI plus three Gorilla Grow tents, a bunch of timers, blowers, meters, nutrients, for $350. Basically everything but the seeds.

I couldn’t turn that deal down even if I wanted to. I’m thrilled with the light. I wound up cannibalizing most of the other stuff to set up a room with odd dimensions.

The second NCO I ever had in the Army wound up moving 2 hours from where I live. He started growing and he’s the kind of guy that goes all out. He used the ROI for one grow then moved on to this light:

IMG_6555.png

When I decided to start growing indoors he offered me the ROI plus three Gorilla Grow tents, a bunch of timers, blowers, meters, nutrients, for $350. Basically everything but the seeds.

I couldn’t turn that deal down even if I wanted to. I’m thrilled with the light. I wound up cannibalizing most of the other stuff to set up a room with odd dimensions.
That’s a Fohse level light.

I just found this: (I cut and pasted the article)
:oops:

Mysterious cannabis syndrome

A growing number of marijuana users are experiencing prolonged vomiting, a condition that may be related to the increased use and potency of the drug, finds Corryn Wetzel
DOCTORS are reporting a rise in people coming into emergency rooms with stomach pain and unrelenting vomiting. They compulsively take hot showers. Anti-nausea medication offers little relief. The unexpected culprit is cannabis – overconsumption can lead to what is known as cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS).

“Many patients with CHS have violent hurling when they arrive to the emergency department,” says Sam Torbati at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. They often show up weak and dehydrated, and sometimes lose consciousness, he says.

Cannabis is commonly associated with relieving nausea – so much so that chemotherapy patients are often prescribed medications containing THC, the psychoactive compound in the plant. But in humans and some other mammals, high doses of THC can have the opposite effect.

CHS is a relatively newly defined condition, first described in a handful of cases in Australia in the early 2000s. There is no blood test or scan to determine whether someone has the condition, so doctors instead look for a combination of symptoms including unrelenting nausea, bouts of vomiting and stomach pain. The intensity of this illness has led to the informal advent of a new word – “scromiting” – describing episodes where people are simultaneously vomiting and screaming in pain.

“The cause of this syndrome is unknown,” says Linda Parker at the University of Guelph in Canada, but it seems to be limited to long-term and high-dose users – so people won’t come down with this condition after a single toke.

CHS has a series of escalating phases, which can last days to years. A loss of appetite builds to the “hyperemetic phase”, which includes persistent, painful vomiting. This is usually when people begin compulsively bathing in hot water, which may offer temporary relief by diverting blood flow from the abdomen to the skin or possibly by activating a part of the brain called the hypothalamus, which is involved in both temperature regulation and appetite, among other things.

A growing problem

Though still rare, the prevalence of CHS has soared in the past decade. For example, one study found that the rate of emergency room admissions for it in Ontario, Canada, increased 13-fold from January 2014 to June 2021.

CHS shows up unpredictably, which makes it even trickier to spot. Decades-long marijuana users can develop CHS late in life, while some young people are coming down with the condition after a few years of heavy smoking.

Mounting research suggests one reason for the increase in cases may be greater access to marijuana, from vapes to edibles. In Colorado, there was a 29 per cent increase in vomiting-related emergency room visits in the five years following legalisation of the drug for recreational use.

A similar pattern has played out in Alberta, Canada. After marijuana was legalised in the province in 2018, the rate of CHS-related emergency room visits went from 15 per 100,000 people, to 21 per 100,000. In 2020, it jumped to 32 visits per 100,000 people across all age groups. For those aged 16 to 24, the rate climbed to 600 per 100,000 individuals.

One reason that CHS is more common among young adults may be because they consume the most marijuana. Another factor may be potency. Cannabis available today contains more than 10 times as much THC, on average, as it did in the 1970s.

Doctors can manage some symptoms with medication and intravenous fluids, but the only “cure” is cutting out cannabis and waiting for symptoms to subside, which may take months.

Rewiring the brain

Some find temporary relief from creams containing capsaicin, the active ingredient in chilli peppers, applied to the arms and belly. Experts think this warming sensation, similar to the effect of taking a hot shower, activates a receptor in the stomach that can calm nausea and vomiting.

Experts don’t know the exact mechanisms behind why cannabis can trigger this illness, but they agree that THC is to blame. The compound binds to receptors in the endocannabinoid system, which regulates sleep, appetite, mood and more. “We currently believe that CHS may result from chronic overstimulation of endocannabinoid receptors in the body, leading to derangements in the body’s intrinsic control of nausea and vomiting,” says Torbati.

Long-term, heavy cannabis use “can change how our brains regulate nausea and vomiting”, says Marieka DeVuono at Western University in Canada. “While much more research is needed to understand the link, it seems likely that endocannabinoid system impairment is underlying CHS.”

Marijuana users can lower their chance of developing CHS by taking the drug less often and reaching for less-potent products. There is some evidence that using products with cannabidiol (CBD) – the non-intoxicating part of the plant – could help prevent THC-induced nausea.

I just found this: (I cut and pasted the article)
:oops:

Mysterious cannabis syndrome

A growing number of marijuana users are experiencing prolonged vomiting, a condition that may be related to the increased use and potency of the drug, finds Corryn Wetzel
DOCTORS are reporting a rise in people coming into emergency rooms with stomach pain and unrelenting vomiting. They compulsively take hot showers. Anti-nausea medication offers little relief. The unexpected culprit is cannabis – overconsumption can lead to what is known as cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS).

“Many patients with CHS have violent hurling when they arrive to the emergency department,” says Sam Torbati at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. They often show up weak and dehydrated, and sometimes lose consciousness, he says.

Cannabis is commonly associated with relieving nausea – so much so that chemotherapy patients are often prescribed medications containing THC, the psychoactive compound in the plant. But in humans and some other mammals, high doses of THC can have the opposite effect.

CHS is a relatively newly defined condition, first described in a handful of cases in Australia in the early 2000s. There is no blood test or scan to determine whether someone has the condition, so doctors instead look for a combination of symptoms including unrelenting nausea, bouts of vomiting and stomach pain. The intensity of this illness has led to the informal advent of a new word – “scromiting” – describing episodes where people are simultaneously vomiting and screaming in pain.

“The cause of this syndrome is unknown,” says Linda Parker at the University of Guelph in Canada, but it seems to be limited to long-term and high-dose users – so people won’t come down with this condition after a single toke.

CHS has a series of escalating phases, which can last days to years. A loss of appetite builds to the “hyperemetic phase”, which includes persistent, painful vomiting. This is usually when people begin compulsively bathing in hot water, which may offer temporary relief by diverting blood flow from the abdomen to the skin or possibly by activating a part of the brain called the hypothalamus, which is involved in both temperature regulation and appetite, among other things.

A growing problem

Though still rare, the prevalence of CHS has soared in the past decade. For example, one study found that the rate of emergency room admissions for it in Ontario, Canada, increased 13-fold from January 2014 to June 2021.

CHS shows up unpredictably, which makes it even trickier to spot. Decades-long marijuana users can develop CHS late in life, while some young people are coming down with the condition after a few years of heavy smoking.

Mounting research suggests one reason for the increase in cases may be greater access to marijuana, from vapes to edibles. In Colorado, there was a 29 per cent increase in vomiting-related emergency room visits in the five years following legalisation of the drug for recreational use.

A similar pattern has played out in Alberta, Canada. After marijuana was legalised in the province in 2018, the rate of CHS-related emergency room visits went from 15 per 100,000 people, to 21 per 100,000. In 2020, it jumped to 32 visits per 100,000 people across all age groups. For those aged 16 to 24, the rate climbed to 600 per 100,000 individuals.

One reason that CHS is more common among young adults may be because they consume the most marijuana. Another factor may be potency. Cannabis available today contains more than 10 times as much THC, on average, as it did in the 1970s.

Doctors can manage some symptoms with medication and intravenous fluids, but the only “cure” is cutting out cannabis and waiting for symptoms to subside, which may take months.

Rewiring the brain

Some find temporary relief from creams containing capsaicin, the active ingredient in chilli peppers, applied to the arms and belly. Experts think this warming sensation, similar to the effect of taking a hot shower, activates a receptor in the stomach that can calm nausea and vomiting.

Experts don’t know the exact mechanisms behind why cannabis can trigger this illness, but they agree that THC is to blame. The compound binds to receptors in the endocannabinoid system, which regulates sleep, appetite, mood and more. “We currently believe that CHS may result from chronic overstimulation of endocannabinoid receptors in the body, leading to derangements in the body’s intrinsic control of nausea and vomiting,” says Torbati.

Long-term, heavy cannabis use “can change how our brains regulate nausea and vomiting”, says Marieka DeVuono at Western University in Canada. “While much more research is needed to understand the link, it seems likely that endocannabinoid system impairment is underlying CHS.”

Marijuana users can lower their chance of developing CHS by taking the drug less often and reaching for less-potent products. There is some evidence that using products with cannabidiol (CBD) – the non-intoxicating part of the plant – could help prevent THC-induced nausea.
Sounds like a load of it

Back
Top Bottom