Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

To say my outdoor organic SIP has gone wrong is an extreme understatement, even from an Englishman 🤣
Yeah I just saw and caught up. I hadn’t been there much lately and hadn’t seen that rapid decline. I know not of SIP or SWICK, so I hadn’t commented much there, but damn man, that blows. I commented and asked a question in your thread. Ugh.
😤

Yeah I just saw and caught up. I hadn’t been there much lately and hadn’t seen that rapid decline. I know not of SIP or SWICK, so I hadn’t commented much there, but damn man, that blows. I commented and asked a question in your thread. Ugh.
😤
Truth be told @NickHardy , you usually have so many plants going it’s a little surprising that you rarely if ever see this sort of thing. Between the volume you run, the multiple infrastructure items you have to keep up on, and your wildly experimental nature, every fourth or fifth plant should go south, lol! But from what we see, that ain’t the case. Somehow you almost always seem to pull it off. I know now you’re okay with it, but here’s a clap on the back and a fist pump for you brother.

Lmao! Ah @Keffka, thanks for overstating the case. All I do is over post, take too many pictures, and show you guys what I do. I’m not sure about “depth of content,” lol. Most of the depth here to my eyes comes from the help I get in the thread.

Ehh don’t sell yourself short.. you produce a lot of great images and details about issues that are really common. I don’t know when the last time people tried to learn how to diagnose their plant on the google was, but I clearly remember never being able to find high quality images of any of the issues. I would see low quality hand drawn charts and all kinds of stuff that leaves you thinking you could have a thousand different issues. It was insanely frustrating. However, here, and with growers like you, you show us images of things we actually see, and in a way that we can actually see it.

I imagine you’ve become blind to your own data’s value, which can happen especially when you feel like you’re still learning/progressing, but I guarantee your images and notes have helped others.

Ehh don’t sell yourself short.. you produce a lot of great images and details about issues that are really common. I don’t know when the last time people tried to learn how to diagnose their plant on the google was, but I clearly remember never being able to find high quality images of any of the issues. I would see low quality hand drawn charts and all kinds of stuff that leaves you thinking you could have a thousand different issues. It was insanely frustrating. However, here, and with growers like you, you show us images of things we actually see, and in a way that we can actually see it.

I imagine you’ve become blind to your own data’s value, which can happen especially when you feel like you’re still learning/progressing, but I guarantee your images and notes have helped others.
Shucks, @Keffka, thanks for the ultra kind words.

Cherry Pie
Brix Reading

So I I heard @Gee64 say that if you’re using chemical nutes it’s going to be difficult to get the plant over 9 on the Brix. That pissed me off a little, lol, so I took a Brix reading on the Cherry Pie. 10.6

If it’s difficult to get over 9, I’ll take this I guess.

IMG_3162.jpeg

IMG_3163.jpeg

Cherry Pie
Brix Reading

So I I heard @Gee64 say that if you’re using chemical nutes it’s going to be difficult to get the plant over 9 on the Brix. That pissed me off a little, lol, so I took a Brix reading on the Cherry Pie. 10.6

If it’s difficult to get over 9, I’ll take this I guess.

IMG_3162.jpeg

IMG_3163.jpeg
Note: if you bite the bullet and get a digital Brix meter like this, it’s real important I’ve found to clean the lens after each measurement with the steam distilled water they give you. Otherwise it can affect your calibration and readings.

IMG_7708.jpeg

We were on 9.5% a few days ago, 10.x% I think from something Gee posted marks a lot near all pests out the equation. The picture is more for the design of ours and Something you said? Maybe I misremember. But it was on background light and the reading?

Ours has a flip cover lid, I think mostly for protection of the lens/sensor but it measures the same whether open or closed with the sample in.

Might be of interest to ya?

Shucks, @Keffka, thanks for the ultra kind words.

No problem brother! You’re an inspiration to a lot of others just doing what you do, never mind your attention to detail and thoroughness.

Don’t feel a need to thank me please, I don’t want this to devolve into a circlejerk where we tell each other how amazing we are 🤣

IMG_7708.jpeg

We were on 9.5% a few days ago, 10.x% I think from something Gee posted marks a lot near all pests out the equation. The picture is more for the design of ours and Something you said? Maybe I misremember. But it was on background light and the reading?

Ours has a flip cover lid, I think mostly for protection of the lens/sensor but it measures the same whether open or closed with the sample in.

above 12 is when pest pressure disappears.

Edit: From Google
"Grasshopper group – long-horned grasshoppers (Tettigoniidae), crickets, and related insects. They will target a plant when the Brix falls below 12 but will lose interest in it when the Brix sinks below 10.

Chewing insects – beetles (Coleoptera) and butterflies and moths (Lepidoptera) and related insects. They lose interest in a plant when the Brix value reaches as high as 9 to 11. Below that range, a plant is vulnerable to chewing insects.

Sucking insects – leafhoppers (Cicadellidae), froghoppers (Cercopoidea), planthoppers (Fulgoromorpha), stink bugs (Pentatomidae) and thrips (Thysanoptera). They begin to lose interest in a plant when the Brix value reaches between 7 and 9.

Aphid group – aphids (Aphidoidea) and scale (Coccoidea). The insects in this group prefer a really low Brix value, below 6 to 8, because they can’t tolerate too much sugar at once."

Correct me if I’m wrong @Gee64 but isn’t one of the benefits of the analog refractometer being able to gauge your Ca levels from the fuzziness of the line?

Is this something you can do on the digital versions?
Mine will not measure Ca levels separately. Wouldn’t that be awesome. Maybe I’ll grab a non digi one. They’re a lot cheaper than these. Might find a usefulness to comparing both on the same leaves/plant.

IMG_7708.jpeg

It’s pretty much the same thing I have, mines a little pricier. But yes, you should clean that lens after each measurement, cover or not.

No problem brother! You’re an inspiration to a lot of others just doing what you do, never mind your attention to detail and thoroughness.

Don’t feel a need to thank me please, I don’t want this to devolve into a circlejerk where we tell each other how amazing we are 🤣
When you amaze me I’ll let you know. :rofl:

above 12 is when pest pressure disappears.

Edit: From Google
"Grasshopper group – long-horned grasshoppers (Tettigoniidae), crickets, and related insects. They will target a plant when the Brix falls below 12 but will lose interest in it when the Brix sinks below 10.

Chewing insects – beetles (Coleoptera) and butterflies and moths (Lepidoptera) and related insects. They lose interest in a plant when the Brix value reaches as high as 9 to 11. Below that range, a plant is vulnerable to chewing insects.

Sucking insects – leafhoppers (Cicadellidae), froghoppers (Cercopoidea), planthoppers (Fulgoromorpha), stink bugs (Pentatomidae) and thrips (Thysanoptera). They begin to lose interest in a plant when the Brix value reaches between 7 and 9.

Aphid group – aphids (Aphidoidea) and scale (Coccoidea). The insects in this group prefer a really low Brix value, below 6 to 8, because they can’t tolerate too much sugar at once."
Yeah you posted it before ot actually maybe @Carmen Ray did, actually! I said “near all”

I think we can extrapolate an estimation of the Brix of Shed’s recent lime cuttings from that though! Grasshoppers loved ‘em 😂 But they flourished (I think!)

Garden

It was time to get these two remaining girls up into serious light territory. Where they were was at approx. 1000 - 1050 ppfd. This two inch raise puts them at 1200ish. Fricking powerful light in flower at 680 watts for essentially just these two plants. Not exactly starved for light. They have both achieved their finish heights basically, so now I know. Tougher to do when they’re still going vertical. I left the SG cuz she’s done in a couple days and gone. You can see in the one picture that the Double Grape is starting to pack on the weight. And the best thing I did was the ultra strip on the Cherry Pie undercarriage. As a result of that, almost all the colas on the Cherry Pie look like the two pictured. They are going to be sweet, dense, and large colas. All that is basically already one bud one each. No question it all grows together and makes a big cola. X about 60. Lmao!

IMG_3168.jpeg

IMG_3167.jpeg

IMG_3164.jpeg

IMG_3166.jpeg

IMG_3169.jpeg

IMG_3170.jpeg

IMG_3173.jpeg

Garden

It was time to get these two remaining girls up into serious light territory. Where they were was at approx. 1000 - 1050 ppfd. This two inch raise puts them at 1200ish. Fricking powerful light in flower at 680 watts for essentially just these two plants. Not exactly starved for light. They have both achieved their finish heights basically, so now I know. Tougher to do when they’re still going vertical. I left the SG cuz she’s done in a couple days and gone. You can see in the one picture that the Double Grape is starting to pack on the weight. And the best thing I did was the ultra strip on the Cherry Pie undercarriage. As a result of that, almost all the colas on the Cherry Pie look like the two pictured. They are going to be sweet, dense, and large colas. All that is basically already one bud one each. No question it all grows together and makes a big cola. X about 60. Lmao!

IMG_3168.jpeg

IMG_3167.jpeg

IMG_3164.jpeg

IMG_3166.jpeg

IMG_3169.jpeg

IMG_3170.jpeg

IMG_3173.jpeg
😍😍You got this tent a Rockin'!. There's gonna be a good haul coming out👊

Back
Top Bottom