Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Good Evening 420 growers who may be here to see this. I would like to make an introduction to the group. Some quick background:

A little while back, @Azimuth introduced me to the young man who has become my “student” of sorts. This new friend is on his very first grow ever, and has decided to begin with a pair of autos. I talked about this when I posted his plant a few posts earlier. Up to now he has been a bit too hesitant to feel comfortable to meet people and such. But he and I have been talking, and he’s feeling pretty good and pretty confident at this point. He says he’s ready to join the fray.

So please allow me to introduce @rehabilitatora420, aka Nikolai from Bulgaria. He knows this already, but I feel this kid is a natural. (;), Nick, lol)

Here’s a very brief summary, in two pictures, that shows you me and Nikolai’s journey so far - where he was when we met, and where we are now with the same plant. One of his two autos is kind of a runt, so we are simply letting that one grow out. The focus has been on this beastly girl. He can fill in any gaps as he sees fit.

Nikolai, I am very lucky in that there are some very very good growers who stop by here sometimes. And folks who like to lend a helping hand to growers who need help. Your enthusiasm and attention to detail will serve you well. I encourage you to ask a lot of questions. Of anyone, not just me. Most everyone you’ll meet here can outgrow me in their sleep. You can’t go wrong.

So here’s where we began, the day I met Nikolai.

And here’s where he has been able to bring her to as of today! This picture includes arrows from our latest exchange, and represent my trying to teach about bullshit buds and removing them. Lol! In my opinion, this is an excellent job for a first time grower!!!

Guys, thanks so much for helping me welcome a new friend to the forum section of 420. This is a different world around these parts. And as with folks like @Kanno26, Nikolai uses the translator too I believe, just fyi.

Have at it Nick! Welcome!!!

Grandfathers can pick on who we want 😂

IMG_7519.jpeg

Strawberry Gorilla
Day 73

Almost. Another five to seven days? She’s so goddamn frosty and the tester bud got me super stoned. This weed is going to be awesome despite the elongated buds. I love the purple stems and their frostiness too. Wild.

2023-11-08-05-27-42-242.jpeg

IMG_3113.jpeg

IMG_3112.jpeg

IMG_3114.jpeg

IMG_3115.jpeg

Mini Sky
Mini MM x M34

Looks like mini MM has maybe finally figured out it’s time to make a bud. Can’t wait to smoke that one or two bong hits she may make. The mini Sky is two grams EASY. I’m thinking it might be possible to pull three grams off these two plants. I know - call me the Yield King. I don’t fuck around.

:rofl:

IMG_3127.jpeg

IMG_3130.jpeg

IMG_3131.jpeg

IMG_3129.jpeg

Good Evening 420 growers who may be here to see this. I would like to make an introduction to the group. Some quick background:

A little while back, @Azimuth introduced me to the young man who has become my “student” of sorts. This new friend is on his very first grow ever, and has decided to begin with a pair of autos. I talked about this when I posted his plant a few posts earlier. Up to now he has been a bit too hesitant to feel comfortable to meet people and such. But he and I have been talking, and he’s feeling pretty good and pretty confident at this point. He says he’s ready to join the fray.

So please allow me to introduce @rehabilitatora420, aka Nikolai from Bulgaria. He knows this already, but I feel this kid is a natural. (;), Nick, lol)

Here’s a very brief summary, in two pictures, that shows you me and Nikolai’s journey so far - where he was when we met, and where we are now with the same plant. One of his two autos is kind of a runt, so we are simply letting that one grow out. The focus has been on this beastly girl. He can fill in any gaps as he sees fit.

Nikolai, I am very lucky in that there are some very very good growers who stop by here sometimes. And folks who like to lend a helping hand to growers who need help. Your enthusiasm and attention to detail will serve you well. I encourage you to ask a lot of questions. Of anyone, not just me. Most everyone you’ll meet here can outgrow me in their sleep. You can’t go wrong.

So here’s where we began, the day I met Nikolai.

And here’s where he has been able to bring her to as of today! This picture includes arrows from our latest exchange, and represent my trying to teach about bullshit buds and removing them. Lol! In my opinion, this is an excellent job for a first time grower!!!

Guys, thanks so much for helping me welcome a new friend to the forum section of 420. This is a different world around these parts. And as with folks like @Kanno26, Nikolai uses the translator too I believe, just fyi.

Have at it Nick! Welcome!!!
Thanks u very much for the kind words Jon and hello to everyone locking forward to teach from all of u guys.Im still very green but i'm determined to learn ! a few words about me my name is Nikolai and im 33 years old so far in my life i only smoked (since 12 years old ) always wanted to grow my own girls and the chance i have here to learn everything is really exiding for me ! i will for sure have a ton of lame questions heh

Thanks u very much for the kind words Jon and hello to everyone locking forward to teach from all of u guys.Im still very green but i'm determined to learn ! a few words about me my name is Nikolai and im 33 years old so far in my life i only smoked (since 12 years old ) always wanted to grow my own girls and the chance i have here to learn everything is really exiding for me ! i will for sure have a ton of lame questions heh
Morning @rehabilitatora420 - at least it is here, lol. Again, welcome. Glad you jumped in. And there’s no such thing as a lame question. Believe me, I ask every stupid thing I think of. Lots of times I find out they aren’t as dumb as I thought! Most of the time this crew is nice enough not to tell me to go F myself and do my own research, too, except for @NickHardy. Watch that guy Nikolai, he’s trouble. Heh. How’d you do on the crappy bud/branch removal? And now that you’re here, is it cool with you if we shift our communication about your plants to here? That way you’ll get other input on stuff besides mine. Always good to have alternate points of view. Besides, like I’ve told you, I am not close to always right. Lmao!

There are two of us… I mean
Morning @rehabilitatora420 - at least it is here, lol. Again, welcome. Glad you jumped in. And there’s no such thing as a lame question. Believe me, I ask every stupid thing I think of. Lots of times I find out they aren’t as dumb as I thought! Most of the time this crew is nice enough not to tell me to go F myself and do my own research, too, except for @NickHardy. Watch that guy Nikolai, he’s trouble. Heh. How’d you do on the crappy bud/branch removal? And now that you’re here, is it cool with you if we shift our communication about your plants to here? That way you’ll get other input on stuff besides mine. Always good to have alternate points of view. Besides, like I’ve told you, I am not close to always right. Lmao!
I had your back with Azi and that’s my reward! 🤣

@ViparSpectra Tent
XS 1500 Pros
Skywalker Photoperiod
Flower Day 24

The XS1500 Pros are perfect for this girl. She is loving life in the VS tent. As well as they did getting our scrog done, I really like them best personally to power one plant in the tent, be it this 2x4 or a 3x3. These two lights would crush a 3x3 as well. 300 watts still keeps you at +30. watts/sq. foot in a 3x3. The flexibility is awesome - I keep finding new ways to use them. If I had this light sized for a 5x5 (um….Val? Lol!) I would be extremely excited. And with an infinite sweep dimmer instead of the incremental one? That’s a serious light!

Our girl seems so happy. She got Wholly Mackerel and Kelp last feed, and we have a GeoFlora bloom/RGR/EWC application coming in three days. The top of the soil, from the last EWC and Geo applications, is nice and workable now, I no longer have to break up the top first. So our timing seems pretty fortuitous. I’ll give her a half ration of straight water tomorrow, just enough to get her through til the 11th, and then do the Geo etc application right on schedule. When I water in the Geo feed every two weeks, I like to use that day for a douse her day. That way I maximize the amount of water I pour on top of the new, dry nutes and hopefully gets them actually watered “in” more. Don’t know if this is advised or not, but it seems to agree with Sky. It amounts to a full pot “dousing” about every 5-6 waterings or so. I dunno. I don’t see the slightest anything bad on this plant. The yellow tips @Gee64 said I don’t have to worry about, and I believe him (most of the time, lmao). So she’s seems all good and therefore I am all good.

I sort of remember when my emotional reality on a given day was not in any way connected to a plant.

:rofl:

IMG_3139.jpeg

IMG_3140.jpeg

I sort of remember when my emotional reality on a given day was not in any way connected to a plant.
I've been finding mostly easier with plants than people lately, & Co and L being exceptions! (plus plenty round these parts too, less so Shed, though)

Since we're all busting balls... 😆

To get back to actual growing stuff - great colours above, nice purples, eh?

We got the usual on the Seriotica, mostly purple, some reddish tints on the Strawberry AK but the standout for us was the Tropicanna Poison - really dark, almost black purple leaves. I think to bring out more colour we probably need a bigger AC in there though. Saw some refurbished look like 18,000BTU at a shop round the corner the other day. We have 12,000 now...We can't get below 19c in there over night on a normal day. 39.6c (103.3F) during the day here today. Amazed we have it to 23c now while its just drying. Hopefully a break in this frankly crazy weather is imminent.

Wow as I typed that I heard thunder!

Gonna be some tropical downpour...

You gonna miss the warm winters, mate?

Nick

welcome to the to the group @rehabilitatora420 , you couldn't of have picked a better person/group to learn how to grow

Back
Top Bottom