Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

These are out of the box @Mars Hydro FC6500 (730w) Samsung LM301b for full spectrum and Osram Near snd Far reds. Single dimmer. The reds are always on whatever the % the light is on. This room is just flower and when the plants go in we run 60% Day One 70-80% Day Two then 100% 12/12 the rest the grow.

The UV tri dimmer light - yeah we’ll see. That has no red control either. Think it might vary depending on the Veg 4500k and Flower 3200k. They did a presentation for me a couple of times, in person! Even for me dull!

They’ve never mentioned UV settings or the blinking of it but I’m seeing the whole crew (MD, Head Sales, Head Engineer and Chief Science guy) end of the month at the Bangkok Hemp Expo so I’m definitely going to be asking about it.

These are out of the box @Mars Hydro FC6500 (730w) Samsung LM301b for full spectrum and Osram Near snd Far reds. Single dimmer. The reds are always on whatever the 100% the light is on. This room is just flower and when the plants go in we run 60% Day One 70-80% Day Two then 100% 12/12 the rest the grow.

The UV tri dimmer light - yeah we’ll see. That has no red control either. Think it might vary depending on the Veg 4500k and Flower 3200k. They did a presentation for me a couple of times, in person! Even for me dull!

They’ve never mentioned UV settings or the blinking of it but I’m seeing the whole crew (MD, Head Sales, Head Engineer and Chief Science guy) end of the month at the Bangkok Hemp Expo so I’m definitely going to be asking about it.
Did you say they had a controller to automatically adjust the 3 pots differently

Morning @InTheShed - @Remo Nutrients by the book update on the Strawberry Gorilla. I think Remo has it right in terms of when you’re supposed to discontinue their MagNifiCal. As you can see here, I have a few spots like this on a couple leaves. I interpret this as calmag burn. It is just a tiny bit, it doesn’t appear to be progressing, and I’m not concerned about it. But - it does illustrate the importance of stopping that ingredient when they say to. Pretty easy to see that if I hadn’t, on schedule, she would get worse and worse, don’t you think?

IMG_3020.jpeg

IMG_3019.jpeg

Did you say they had a controller to automatically adjust the 3 pots differently
Yeah two types. One a bit more digital LCD, just the basics but runs over RJ45 - interesting as everyone else is on RJ11

I’m getting a fancy wifi one, colour screen, timers, sunrise, sunset type stuff. That would probably have the ability to blink the UV, program it or something. I think it comes with a dongle RJ45 connected to add the Wifi. They have demoed it to me 😂

Its like $85 and I’m not sure its free or not. I made some intros to a couple of big commercial growers. So that’s why I got a bit of a discount.

The HPS Manufacturer for that one grow wants to meet me in person as well so I reckon the day I spend at the expo will mostly be looking at lights! Mars have a warehouse here so they’ll likely be there too. BUT - me & Co also planning to party in Bangkok too without our kid,! We haven’t been in more than 4 years and both know the best bits to have fun 😂

See how much I remember about lights after 🤣

@ViparSpectra Tent
XS 1500 Pros
Skywalker Photoperiod
Flower Day 18

I’m so in love with this plant. Of all the plants in this grow she’s the purtiest in my opinion. Just something about the structure and the way the buds and side branching forms - it’s gorgeous. And it isn’t too “side branchy” where you get tons of crap you have to keep pinching. What you see is what there is. She’s also not terribly leafy, which I can’t stand. Her color is amazing. And her spacing is okay by me - not off the charts but not bad at all. Definitely a winner. I’ve never smoked it or even seen Skywalker before, so I’m glad this girl didn’t hermie too.

IMG_3021.jpeg

Wastei just grew some Skywalker out. He, umm, believe he said first go he had before work and it was a bit stronger than he was expecting 🤣 Made his computer screen look funny?

My mate in Europe (Greenhouse - first timer) and Carmen neither had any luck with them. Might give them a whirl the Canuk don’t show.

Wastei just grew some Skywalker out. He, umm, believe he said first go he had before work and it was a bit stronger than he was expecting 🤣 Made his computer screen look funny?

My mate in Europe (Greenhouse - first timer) and Carmen neither had any luck with them. Might give them a whirl the Canuk don’t show.
Yeah I researched it. Not known for super high thc but I found some that went up to 26%. Supposed to be a buzz on the psychedelic side. Apparently it’s somewhat of a rage out west - Yoda got real excited about me growing it and said when he does the stuff is gone before he starts the plant. He says there are better yielders but it’s not bad. Flower time should be 8–10 weeks or so. So we will see! I have plenty of time to screw her up yet. Heh.

420h Closet
Blackberry Moonrocks Auto

I forget how much power 420 watts is. For one plant that is no joke. I hadn’t measured the ppfd lately, and her colas, even with the tie back of the tall ones, were getting pretty close to the light, which was at 100%. So I measured this morning.

1650 ppfd. Omg. I can’t believe she isn’t bleached to hell or curled up. Amazing amount of light to have had to this point without showing negative signs. Way way way too high. I ain’t running CO2 in my closet, lol, and even if I was I would think 1650 was too high. It’s ridiculous. Shows how much the BlackBerry Moonrocks likes a ton of light.

That said, obviously I had to turn it down. But it was so dim when I got it down to 1100 (my test target) I couldn’t handle it. So I performed the surgery you see. I did not want to do this, for obvious reasons, but if I don’t, I have to spread the plant out way wider than I want to and the verticality of my cola formation will get messed up. By doing it I can bring the power level up higher. The higher the output with any light, the more efficient it is for the plant and the more penetration (depth of light) you get. I advocate for always running your lights as hot as possible on the power level and adjust the plant instead of the light. Anyway, I am okay to go up to 1200 or 1250, so after the surgery I raised the level until the tops of the colas are at 1250. That’s where we are now.

Fricking shoe boxes. I’m into repurposing, but really? Lmao.

IMG_3018.jpeg
AAAAH! Thank you! I was going to comment on how I was worried that sitting a LED on something and running it may be bad for the light! Heat reflection back to the light instead of away may have led to early individual LED failure.

I'm sorry to see you hermied! She was a beauty Jon! I've had it happen out of the blue like that too.

I hope Yoda can recover from his lightening strike and freeze! Damn!

AAAAH! Thank you! I was going to comment on how I was worried that sitting a LED on something and running it may be bad for the light! Heat reflection back to the light instead of away may have led to early individual LED failure.

I'm sorry to see you hermied! She was a beauty Jon! I've had it happen out of the blue like that too.

I hope Yoda can recover from his lightening strike and freeze! Damn!
Hey @StoneOtter - I guess you’re referring to the light sitting on the bars? Yeah I know. That was the risk. This is better in that regard, it’s just kind of a balancing act and it makes me nervous. I just checked the ppfd again. It’s around 1250 at the tops and I will not turn the light up further. But at 1250 up top, the lowest colas were all the way down at 500 or even 450. That’s useless and will only create flarf. So I stripped her up a little higher. I marked her strip line in the picture below. Hard to see cuz I keep the fans, but she’s entirely stripped below that line. Only that one cola on the lower right is an exception - for some reason I kinda like that one so she stays, lol. This way the lower colas are all more like 750-800.

IMG_3024.jpeg

This is us 2-3 minutes ago.

I have to go in to do a proper light reading. It was taken in the corner. It’ll be dunno how much but “somemuch” higher in the middle. 300? 400?

But we do run Co2 so take your point totally. Just for interest sake.

We’ve run EC up as high as 4.1 - but again gas and we’re in a room albeit a small one with Gas. Can’t think we’ve burned anything in there - under 1000w HPS in a 4x4 - oh yeah! But no one else is that mental enough to try it really!

They’re 730w so makes your 420hlook very good! Is the h for Samsung LM301h ? About to try those. These are just b’s

Nick

IMG_7648.jpeg

Sorry Jon, hope I'm not hijacking with all this light chat but I know you're a light nerd like me! So I just went to the Mars Hydro PPFD map for the lights above, I have the exact model linked Here from their website Here's a shot of the map at 8" (They have maps at 12' and 16" too) I took the reading at our canopy level at that point.

Umm that's quite a bit less than 8" 😅

Maybe 4" - we've run even closer, that corner which would be around the top 4 left hand squares in this diagram but we have to balance the strain height in that area as one side is one strain that's short and then we go up in height left to right in the room to the tallest which are 220cm - 7'2.6" off the floor! That 180cm - 5'9" out of the dirt. Never again!

1698930895095.png

I dunno 1100 reads about right - but then its half that distance, its a corner spot where all 3 lights meet and all the sensors are hung. - It could be a focus issue or its not an absolutely dedicated light meter - but the price the Pulse Pro's cost I'd imagine its pretty good! This is Mars's map for C02 btw. 12" without. The new light tops 2000 in the middle.

Nick

Sorry Jon, hope I'm not hijacking with all this light chat but I know you're a light nerd like me! So I just went to the Mars Hydro PPFD map for the lights above, I have the exact model linked Here from their website Here's a shot of the map at 8" (They have maps at 12' and 16" too) I took the reading at our canopy level at that point.

Umm that's quite a bit less than 8" 😅

Maybe 4" - we've run even closer, that corner which would be around the top 4 left hand squares in this diagram but we have to balance the strain height in that area as one side is one strain that's short and then we go up in height left to right in the room to the tallest which are 220cm - 7'2.6" off the floor! That 180cm - 5'9" out of the dirt. Never again!

1698930895095.png

I dunno 1100 reads about right - but then its half that distance, its a corner spot where all 3 lights meet and all the sensors are hung. - It could be a focus issue or its not an absolutely dedicated light meter - but the price the Pulse Pro's cost I'd imagine its pretty good! This is Mars's map for C02 btw. 12" without. The new light tops 2000 in the middle.

Nick
Wow. Awesome coverage in the CO2 map. Betcha the drop off is way worse on the non CO2 map. But wow. Good for you. And you’re not hijacking anything, educate away. Or share. Or whatever. Lol.

Here’s a laugh for you….

This is the light blocking apparatus for the VS tent. There’s an AC unit under there with vents that let light in. Has to be covered. I’m not using it much now, but when it’s on, it vents out where the arrow is. That’s like an 8” dark space and allows enough venting for the unit to not overheat and shut down. It’s as low tech and basically free as it gets, but very effective and easy.

:rofl:

IMG_3025.jpeg

Strawberry Gorilla

So if 420FastBuds is correct and this is one of the current highest tested thc autos, she appears to be living up to her billing. This thing is all kinds of frosty and the buds, while oddly shaped, are super rock hard dense. And we still have the fattening up yet I think.

Here’s a bud, and a shot of something I found on a leaf. Is this a little resin ball? Sap?

IMG_3030.jpeg

IMG_3031.jpeg

Strawberry Gorilla

So if 420FastBuds is correct and this is one of the current highest tested thc autos, she appears to be living up to her billing. This thing is all kinds of frosty and the buds, while oddly shaped, are super rock hard dense. And we still have the fattening up yet I think.

Here’s a bud, and a shot of something I found on a leaf. Is this a little resin ball? Sap?

IMG_3030.jpeg

IMG_3031.jpeg
I killed that leaf. I looked closer at that thing. It has feet if thou blow it up. I think it’s an egg of something. I looked at many other leaves a didn’t see any others. ???

Morning @InTheShed - @Remo Nutrients by the book update on the Strawberry Gorilla. I think Remo has it right in terms of when you’re supposed to discontinue their MagNifiCal. As you can see here, I have a few spots like this on a couple leaves. I interpret this as calmag burn. It is just a tiny bit, it doesn’t appear to be progressing, and I’m not concerned about it. But - it does illustrate the importance of stopping that ingredient when they say to. Pretty easy to see that if I hadn’t, on schedule, she would get worse and worse, don’t you think?
I think that's not what Ca or Mg toxicity looks like!

1699645011254.png

I think that's not what Ca or Mg toxicity looks like!

1699645011254.png
I have to say ai skipped that bit of the thread as its nutes I have no clue about. But Cal Mag toxity piqued my interest obviously - as a known dealer/pusher of Ca/Mag always I didn’t think it was possible.

So first I consulted the link in @Azimuth signature from Res Dog’s original find here:

SIP Club - Getting Hydro/Coco Results In A Soil Based Medium

And yeah nothing on excess.

Then I found basically like 2 websites that said Cal Mag Toxicity causes lockouts of all the micros, boron, mang, iron and stuff and showed a totally locked out ruined plant leaf as an example. I don't think those spots are a Cal Mag excess at all.

To be honest I have no idea why different levels of strengths of it would be required at all!

Calcium you could and I’m sure it was @Keffka made the point to me Calcium is the magic element?

Dunno - but yeah Cal-Mag Toxicity/Excess its not imho.

Back
Top Bottom