Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Always gotta have a plan - even if it changes frequently as my own are prone to!
Ours seem to change more than many’s do. I call it being flexible and rolling with the punches. Lol

Look how goddamn beautiful she was.

IMG_2985.jpeg

IMG_2986.jpeg
shit that sucks Jon, i wouldn't be happy either

Actually I’m going to go one better.

- Skywalker photo to the VS 2x4
- Strawberry Gorilla, Double Grape, Cherry Pie to the 5x5
- Blackberry Moonrocks, the prize of the grow, stays by herself under the 420h (the light has an amazing spectrum, so sorry to see them go) in the closet

That’s the plan.
Hey Jon how tall is the DG from the soil & up ?

The Great Rearrangement
Part One - Completed
Skywalker Photoperiod - Flower Day 17
@ViparSpectra Tent - XS 1500 Pros

Ok, here she is in her new home. Much better light for photography. No reds for her though, oh well. This is going to work out really well. Val, if you see this, guess we will end up seeing how these lights do flowering out one photo! Lol.

IMG_2999.jpeg

IMG_3002.jpeg

IMG_3003.jpeg

Part Two - Completed
Cherry Pie Auto
Double Grape Auto
Strawberry Gorilla Auto
Day 66

I don’t know what could be more perfect. These girls are going to be in heaven. What an upgrade.

IMG_3006.jpeg

IMG_3009.jpeg

IMG_3010.jpeg

IMG_3005.jpeg

IMG_3007.jpeg

Part Three - Completed
420h Closet
Blackberry Moonrocks Auto
Day 46

She’s going to love life now too. Everyone is copacetic.

Here’s a zoom sequence. This plant is 45” tall. Pretty big auto.

IMG_3017.jpeg

IMG_3015.jpeg

IMG_3016.jpeg

some is salvageable, but says he doubts it. He says you can’t freeze the plant. Literally freezing the plant to frozen solid over twelve hours is bad apparently, and messes all the buds up. Lol. Dude is crushed, and rightfully so. Big loss.

80-90% of the plant is water. If it freezes, all of that water crystallizes and shreds the cells inside the plant killing everything.

The only time you can freeze cannabis and not destroy it completely is once it’s been fully dried and only has 10-15% water left in it. If it freezes the night before you harvest, your crop is ruined. The ice crystals will destroy terpenes, flavonoids, etc. Freezing sucks, bad.

80-90% of the plant is water. If it freezes, all of that water crystallizes and shreds the cells inside the plant killing everything.

The only time you can freeze cannabis and not destroy it completely is once it’s been fully dried and only has 10-15% water left in it. If it freezes the night before you harvest, your crop is ruined. The ice crystals will destroy terpenes, flavonoids, etc. Freezing sucks, bad.
Thanks @Keffka. I spoke to him today, and he basically said exactly the same thing. He did say, however, that he can make real rosin extract carts with it, so it’s not a total loss. But he says that amounts to a 5% return on the grow. OUCH.

Bubblegum Sherbet bites the dust.

Now I’m starting to get pissed the fuck off. There is no earthly reason for this plant to be hermie-ing. None. Her life has been perfect. I have no light leaks. She’s had zero temperature and zero RH spikes. And I definitely took the clone out before she spread any pollen.

So what the FUCK.

One left. The Skywalker. At least if she goes down too I can consolidate.

Goddamn it.

IMG_2984.jpeg

IMG_2983.jpeg
Prays to the smoke gods bro. I feel ya pain

Hey Jon how tall is the DG from the soil & up ?
Hey @con - she’s only 23” tall! Small one with obviously the potential to yield a decent amount. This might end up a four ouncer or so, maybe a little more.

Hey @con - she’s only 23” tall! Small one with obviously the potential to yield a decent amount. This might end up a four ouncer or so, maybe a little more.
the way mine is going i'll be lucky with 2-3 ounce probably closer to 2

the way mine is going i'll be lucky with 2-3 ounce probably closer to 2
It is what it is. Neither one of us will set any land speed records for yield with this plant no matter what we do. But she’s so frosty! The weed is going to be awesome, whatever we get. Quality over quantity.

Pollen from another nearby grow might pollinate a plant and produce seeds but it wouldn't cause a another plant to hermie. Sorry about that outcome @Jon . Given the hemie plants were together and were treated right, seems like something in the environment must be the cause.

Anything different in the water source maybe? Or the changing season messed with settings calibrated for summer conditions?

I have a couple of plants that are showing some male bits that are clones that were fine last round. I'm trying to figure out my issue but I'm resigned to having a few seeds as I'm going to finish them out.

Pollen from another nearby grow might pollinate a plant and produce seeds but it wouldn't cause a another plant to hermie. Sorry about that outcome @Jon . Given the hemie plants were together and were treated right, seems like something in the environment must be the cause.

Anything different in the water source maybe? Or the changing season messed with settings calibrated for summer conditions?

I have a couple of plants that are showing some male bits that are clones that were fine last round. I'm trying to figure out my issue but I'm resigned to having a few seeds as I'm going to finish them out.
Thanks @Azimuth - pollen from a nearby grow is possible I suppose - except I live in a gated community where there isn’t one person under 80. People come here to die in the comfort of their identical expensive coffins. Not really to grow, lol. I don’t think that’s it.

I was thinking maybe the fact that she’s had three different light sources? But I’ve done that many times and never had an issue. The feed has been consistent since day one and is just Geo/RGR/Kelp Me Kelp You/Wholly Mackerel/EWC. The environment despite changing lights and locales has been extremely consistent. Not one spike. My timers are all correct. There are no light sources in the tent. It’s a GGT - light leaks aren’t really a thing. Even so, I check religiously. None of them either. Triple layer of duct tape over the one pinhole I’ve had since I opened it. It’s fall here - best weather in the country at the moment. 68-85, low RH, no bugs.

I dunno Azi.

Back
Top Bottom