Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Yup. Dialed in.

IMG_2960.jpeg
Beauty😍. Beautiful symmetry❤️

The only man I trust that can fairly tell Yoda he’s wrong 😂
Hey @NickHardy, speaking of Yoda….I know it’s kinda hard for you guys to dig the trials and tribulations of someone you haven’t met and isn’t on the forum. But I think everyone can relate in some way to the tragedy that just befell him.

He has six greenhouses. All were full of 14 - 18’ tall plants. 32 strains, his most ever. Six different teas. And he was about ten days away from beginning to harvest, maybe less.

All the greenhouses are heat/cool controlled individually, but all stem from one central point and are run together during flower. Remember, dude lives on top of a mountain in Bend, OR, home of the oldest original post office in the United States. It’s Halloween. Last night his main heating and cooling unit got zapped by lightning or something after he was already done and gone for the night. He had not yet installed his newly acquired alarm system for that, in case this happened. As a result, all six of his greenhouses were plunged into 15 degree temperature.

For 12 hours.

Closest I’ve ever heard to Yoda crying. He estimates the loss at 100K. Says he hopes some is salvageable, but says he doubts it. He says you can’t freeze the plant. Literally freezing the plant to frozen solid over twelve hours is bad apparently, and messes all the buds up. Lol. Dude is crushed, and rightfully so. Big loss.

Anyway, something to think about next time you have a plant go south. It’s all about perspective.

:(

Hey @NickHardy, speaking of Yoda….I know it’s kinda hard for you guys to dig the trials and tribulations of someone you haven’t met and isn’t on the forum. But I think everyone can relate in some way to the tragedy that just befell him.

He has six greenhouses. All were full of 14 - 18’ tall plants. 32 strains, his most ever. Six different teas. And he was about ten days away from beginning to harvest, maybe less.

All the greenhouses are heat/cool controlled individually, but all stem from one central point and are run together during flower. Remember, dude lives on top of a mountain in Bend, OR, home of the oldest original post office in the United States. It’s Halloween. Last night his main heating and cooling unit got zapped by lightning or something after he was already done and gone for the night. He had not yet installed his newly acquired alarm system for that, in case this happened. As a result, all six of his greenhouses were plunged into 15 degree temperature.

For 12 hours.

Closest I’ve ever heard to Yoda crying. He estimates the loss at 100K. Says he hopes some is salvageable, but says he doubts it. He says you can’t freeze the plant. Literally freezing the plant to frozen solid over twelve hours is bad apparently, and messes all the buds up. Lol. Dude is crushed, and rightfully so. Big loss.

Anyway, something to think about next time you have a plant go south. It’s all about perspective.

:(
Poor dude ,hopefully this doesn't send him to the dark side 😳
maxresdefault.jpg

No way! Aww man 🥲

He’s the kinda guy the Pulse Pro I use is made for - they’re $500 each but even one per greenhouse $3000 is nothing in the grand a scheme of things, right?

Just pings you an email anything gets out of whack.

We had a late notice power cut yesterday this what it looked like:

IMG_7583.jpeg

No way! Aww man 🥲

He’s the kinda guy the Pulse Pro I use is made for - they’re $500 each but even one per greenhouse $3000 is nothing in the grand a scheme of things, right?

Just pings you an email anything gets out of whack.

We had a late notice power cut yesterday this what it looked like:

IMG_7583.jpeg
Probably doesn't have internet at grow

Probably doesn't have internet at grow
Starlink… or just a 4-5g router for $150. Its not off grid seems like with electricity?

Owner the boat I go fishing on is promising Starlink on that. Then I can go on a 3 night trip to the Similan Islands between Thailand and Myanmar. Some mighty big Marlin out there. We get a lot of Sailfish here but the Marlin like the water deeper. Its all catch and release for anything like that but I would love to catch me a Marlin! I just can’t be without the internet more than 3-4 hours. I’m horrible if I am 🤣

Blackberry Moonrocks Auto

Had to stake her just a little bit wide on the tallest colas. Getting a bit hot up top in terms of ppfd. The tallest cola is a branch from the second node, which surprisingly ended up way outpacing the main cola, by a good three inches. It was that one I really had to tie back a little. Can’t raise the light without surgery I don’t want to do. The Pink Rozay, also untrained, ended up in a main cola/lower node branch tie. This is the first one I’ve had where a lower node outgrows the main stem on an untrained plant. It’s hard to tell I guess, but now we have sort of a canopy. Lol.

IMG_2982.jpeg

IMG_2981.jpeg

Bubblegum Sherbet bites the dust.

Now I’m starting to get pissed the fuck off. There is no earthly reason for this plant to be hermie-ing. None. Her life has been perfect. I have no light leaks. She’s had zero temperature and zero RH spikes. And I definitely took the clone out before she spread any pollen.

So what the FUCK.

One left. The Skywalker. At least if she goes down too I can consolidate.

Goddamn it.

IMG_2984.jpeg

IMG_2983.jpeg

Bubblegum Sherbet bites the dust.

Now I’m starting to get pissed the fuck off. There is no earthly reason for this plant to be hermie-ing. None. Her life has been perfect. I have no light leaks. She’s had zero temperature and zero RH spikes. And I definitely took the clone out before she spread any pollen.

So what the FUCK.

One left. The Skywalker. At least if she goes down too I can consolidate.

Goddamn it.

IMG_2984.jpeg

IMG_2983.jpeg
Look how goddamn beautiful she was.

IMG_2985.jpeg

IMG_2986.jpeg

Crap Jon! This sucks. Do you have something like a remote weather unit sensor in there?

Sometimes they have lights that only come on once every 60 seconds when they transmit back to the base. I had to tape over mine.
Hey @Gee64. No, I am a little better than that. There are no lights or power units of any kind inside the tent. I hermied a plant once that way and once was enough. I just don’t get it. Everything has been literally perfect.

Skywalker

Our lonely Skywalker is our one Geo entry left in this race. Now the logical thing to do would be to move her to the VS tent, and use this one for all four autos. Kind of silly and wasteful to have this one little plant in the 5x5 by herself. It would save me on electricity by an entire setup. But while shes not too tall for that tent and likely won’t be going a whole lot more vertical, at this point I’m paranoid. She’s perfect right now, one of the nicest plants I’ve ever grown. So for now I’m gonna take the hit and leave things as they are. I will likely reassess that.

IMG_2988.jpeg

IMG_2989.jpeg

Its something else, I mostly tape over lights but I’m obsessive about it. I think you have to really hammer it to hermie with light.

Been talking loads about it the last 2 weeks with some of the most scientific minded peeps on the site. in SIP Club with Res just 10 minutes ago. My outdoor grow with a good few.

If Jon is the guy I’ve read thousands of words from if he says the temp and Rh are steady then they are (though don’t shout <cowers>) you do have more than one sensor?

How about a wipe down, just plain old water should kill the pollen, the walls?

Is it possible its airborn? Anyone else growing nearby?

This is extreme but I know a guy paid a fortune to stop a big commercial greenhouse operation getting seeded every grow. Signed the contract, met them at the gate and turned around and said see that out hemp farm 100m away you own? Kill them all and problem solved 🤣 Pollen can travel great distances.

Dunno man? Crappy run.

Its something else, I mostly tape over lights but I’m obsessive about it. I think you have to really hammer it to hermie with light.

Been talking loads about it the last 2 weeks with some of the most scientific minded peeps on the site. in SIP Club with Res just 10 minutes ago. My outdoor grow with a good few.

If Jon is the guy I’ve read thousands of words from if he says the temp and Rh are steady then they are (though don’t shout <cowers>) you do have more than one sensor?

How about a wipe down, just plain old water should kill the pollen, the walls?

Is it possible its airborn? Anyone else growing nearby?

This is extreme but I know a guy paid a fortune to stop a big commercial greenhouse operation getting seeded every grow. Signed the contract, met them at the gate and turned around and said see that out hemp farm 100m away you own? Kill them all and problem solved 🤣 Pollen can travel great distances.

Dunno man? Crappy run.
Thanks @NickHardy - it happens. Just hurts more cuz the clone being a male. But then I think of Yoda’s loss and I’m like, well, it is what it is. At least I didn’t spend $100 on nutes to get her to this point. Lol. But the electricity thing is real, and I probably will rearrange tomorrow. Gotta do it before I water or I can’t move them. That will at least eliminate the closet setup. I measured the Skywalker and she is exactly 36” tall at her high point with the pot. Plant is 23”, pot is 13”. The Cherry Pie, in the taller AirPot, is also exactly 36” at the moment. So height wise it works. Anyway, to your points, yeah, it’s not light, not environment, not the medium or watering or feeding (she has an amazing root ball, I could barely pull her from the pot). Not spikes of any kind. I know there’s no pollen in the tent cuz I clean it between every grow and wipe the walls down and the light and filter too. Plus there hasn’t been a photo in there in quite a while. Just no reason I can find for it. Also not a damn thing I can do about it as my powers do not yet extend to reversing time.

Thanks @NickHardy - it happens. Just hurts more cuz the clone being a male. But then I think of Yoda’s loss and I’m like, well, it is what it is. At least I didn’t spend $100 on nutes to get her to this point. Lol. But the electricity thing is real, and I probably will rearrange tomorrow. Gotta do it before I water or I can’t move them. That will at least eliminate the closet setup. I measured the Skywalker and she is exactly 36” tall at her high point with the pot. Plant is 23”, pot is 13”. The Cherry Pie, in the taller AirPot, is also exactly 36” at the moment. So height wise it works. Anyway, to your points, yeah, it’s not light, not environment, not the medium or watering or feeding (she has an amazing root ball, I could barely pull her from the pot). Not sounds of any kind. I know there’s no pollen in the tent cuz I clean it between every grow and wipe the walls down and the light and filter too. Plus there hasn’t been a photo in there in quite a while. Just no reason I can find for it. Also not a damn thing I can do about it as my powers do not yet extend to reversing time.
Actually I’m going to go one better.

- Skywalker photo to the VS 2x4
- Strawberry Gorilla, Double Grape, Cherry Pie to the 5x5
- Blackberry Moonrocks, the prize of the grow, stays by herself under the 420h (the light has an amazing spectrum, so sorry to see them go) in the closet

That’s the plan.

Back
Top Bottom