Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Yeah, must be you then. :laugh:
Lmao. That’s exactly where I end up. I must have done something. I just can’t blame the plant. Or Blimburn. Or Geoflora. Or G8. Or the weather. Or bugs. Not even a lousy fungus gnat.

Lmao. That’s exactly where I end up. I must have done something. I just can’t blame the plant. Or Blimburn. Or Geoflora. Or G8. Or the weather. Or bugs. Not even a lousy fungus gnat.
Control is an illusion bro. Now you can will something or manifest I heard. But I like bumper stickers in this case. LMAO 😂🤣

420h Closet
Blackberry Moonrocks Auto

I forget how much power 420 watts is. For one plant that is no joke. I hadn’t measured the ppfd lately, and her colas, even with the tie back of the tall ones, were getting pretty close to the light, which was at 100%. So I measured this morning.

1650 ppfd. Omg. I can’t believe she isn’t bleached to hell or curled up. Amazing amount of light to have had to this point without showing negative signs. Way way way too high. I ain’t running CO2 in my closet, lol, and even if I was I would think 1650 was too high. It’s ridiculous. Shows how much the BlackBerry Moonrocks likes a ton of light.

That said, obviously I had to turn it down. But it was so dim when I got it down to 1100 (my test target) I couldn’t handle it. So I performed the surgery you see. I did not want to do this, for obvious reasons, but if I don’t, I have to spread the plant out way wider than I want to and the verticality of my cola formation will get messed up. By doing it I can bring the power level up higher. The higher the output with any light, the more efficient it is for the plant and the more penetration (depth of light) you get. I advocate for always running your lights as hot as possible on the power level and adjust the plant instead of the light. Anyway, I am okay to go up to 1200 or 1250, so after the surgery I raised the level until the tops of the colas are at 1250. That’s where we are now.

Fricking shoe boxes. I’m into repurposing, but really? Lmao.

IMG_3018.jpeg

One of the commercial places I was looking at a video review of (I binged Cannacribs on YouTube last week) runs 3.5 EC and 2000-2100PPFD in flower. No Co2

Think that one was rockwool
You’re saying a professional grow facility flowers that high? That’s a little different than a tent. The sun is around 2-3K ppfd at midday depending on where you live - I’ve measured as high as getting the infinity sign in the app, where it can no longer measure (too high). Greenhouse guys and outdoor growers deal with that level all the time. And if there’s a grow facility that can make that work, more power to them. For me, at home, under LED, I ain’t flowering at 1650. I’ve burned plants to hell at far less. It’s too high for a tent for sure, imho.

You’re saying a professional grow facility flowers that high? That’s a little different than a tent. The sun is around 2-3K ppfd at midday depending on where you live - I’ve measured as high as getting the infinity sign in the app, where it can no longer measure (too high). Greenhouse guys and outdoor growers deal with that level all the time. And if there’s a grow facility that can make that work, more power to them. For me, at home, under LED, I ain’t flowering at 1650. I’ve burned plants to hell at far less. It’s too high for a tent for sure, imho.
Damn @NickHardy, you only have one gear don’t you? HIGH. You never stop do you?

This is us 2-3 minutes ago.

I have to go in to do a proper light reading. It was taken in the corner. It’ll be dunno how much but “somemuch” higher in the middle. 300? 400?

But we do run Co2 so take your point totally. Just for interest sake.

We’ve run EC up as high as 4.1 - but again gas and we’re in a room albeit a small one with Gas. Can’t think we’ve burned anything in there - under 1000w HPS in a 4x4 - oh yeah! But no one else is that mental enough to try it really!

They’re 730w so makes your 420hlook very good! Is the h for Samsung LM301h ? About to try those. These are just b’s

Nick

IMG_7648.jpeg

I have to go in to do a proper light reading. It was taken in the corner. It’ll be dunno how much but “somemuch” higher in the middle. 300? 400?

They’re 730w so makes your 420hlook very good! Is the h for Samsung LM301h ? About to try those. These are just b’s

Nick (Growing is my side gig)

IMG_7648.jpeg
Your total of 1279 PPFD doesn't have the 407 PFD of IR included in it. Does IR count as part of the PPFD? If so you are at 1686PPFD.

Nick (Growing is my side gig)

IMG_7648.jpeg
Cool! Wow, you don’t skimp on the IR do you? Is that cuz the CO2? That’s awfully high. I’d have problems there, but I don’t know how CO2 affects IR. I guess you can use any wavelengths you want at higher levels with ppfd? Also, how is that tri dimmer system working out for you?

Your total of 1279 PPFD doesn't have the 407 PFD of IR included in it. Does IR count as part of the PPFD? If so you are at 1686PPFD.
Nice catch @Gee64. That’s a good question. Idk the answer either. My understanding about using IR is that it’s best used sort of like you are, on intermittent schedules and not much in terms of the time it’s used compared to a 12 hour day. Idk if CO2 changes that equation or not. My G8 has IR in flower mode, and the IR LEDs are always on - but there’s only like 2 or 4 actual diodes for it per light bar. Hardly any, which I think is how they get away with it.

Nice catch @Gee64. That’s a good question. Idk the answer either. My understanding about using IR is that it’s best used sort of like you are, on intermittent schedules and not much in terms of the time it’s used compared to a 12 hour day. Idk if CO2 changes that equation or not. My G8 has IR in flower mode, and the IR LEDs are always on - but there’s only like 2 or 4 actual diodes for it per light bar. Hardly any, which I think is how they get away with it.
I chose to run UV only on this grow, no IR. I wanted to curb height on these sativas as best I could. Next Durban grow I will run IR just to see the differences in height.

Control is an illusion bro. Now you can will something or manifest I heard. But I like bumper stickers in this case. LMAO 😂🤣
From the Famous 7Dust2 Philosophy Files….

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks @Absorber - where did you get this? Is there an article attached?
I chose to run UV only on this grow, no IR. I wanted to curb height on these sativas as best I could. Next Durban grow I will run IR just to see the differences in height.
Do you feel that IR lends the plant to stretching out?

where did you get this? Is there an article attached?
It was attached to the phlizon thread .

I meant the UV in your case. I always thought both IR and UV were similar in terms of the less is more idea.

It was attached to the phlizon thread .
Is this what you’re running?

Thanks @Absorber - where did you get this? Is there an article attached?

Do you feel that IR lends the plant to stretching out?
I'm not sure but from what I have read it can invoke what is known as "shade response".

Plants can't see IR but they can feel it, and apparently that makes them believe its a sunny day but they are in the shade, so they grow taller searching for the sun.

Back
Top Bottom