Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Now it looks 8ft tall and bullet proof!

Like I feel now, when I sit down.

Oh wait. I already 🤣
Actually 9’, lol. That’s the beast - 5x5x9 GGT. And yeah, she’s bulletproof. Lol.

Had 9 new strains to try this week we grew.

I just have a little vape and throw most of it away - well it can go in the pre roll bin. Though that bag has all 9 strains in - mostly Indica heavy hybrids but the CBD Warlock in there will give you a headslap I reckon! I’m a cheap date but if you made a bowl of that mix 😂
image.jpg
Blasphemy! You mixed all 9 strains together? God man, after all that work to know what’s what? Why bother? Next time just chuck seeds in pots at random and then don’t worry about what they are? Lmao!!!

@ViparSpectra

Hello fellow 420 growers! Welcome to my final journal in the state of Florida. When this is done I finally get to move back to PA, as our legal situation has been settled. Yay! I appreciate you stopping by, and I’ll do my best to show you something cool and different and hopefully educational. Let’s get it on and have some fun!

This grow is happening in three different locations.

The first is in the garage, and is the VS 2x4, featuring a pair of XS1500 Pros. This sponsored grow will star two autos in 7-gallon airpots, with a scrog screen, in coco, using @RemoNutrients. The girls in question are the Blackberry Moonrocks from Blimburn and the Double Grape from Mephisto.

The second is the 5x5, also in the garage, featuring my big boy light and a very special photoperiod clone. This plant came to me from Oregon and is Lifesaver x Sour Bubble #7. She has been vegging in my closet in a 3-gallon pot. When she gets uppotted to her @GeoPot 7, she will go into the hula hoop rotating scrog rig. We will scrog her out and she will have the tent all to herself. She is growing organically in Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil using @GeoFlora Nutrients and RGR.

The last spot is my bedroom closet, featuring the NextLight 420h and two more high THC autos. These girls will also be in 7-gallon airpots of coco using Remo nutes. These two girls are the Cherry Pie from Blimburn and the Strawberry Gorilla from 420FastBuds.

I’d like to thank all the sponsors involved in this grow in advance. I wouldn’t be using your products if I didn’t already know what stellar quality they are. Val, thank you for your patience in getting this journal started and the ViparSpectra sponsorship.

Here’s what the strains are all about.

Strawberry Gorilla

55/45 sativa heavy hybrid
THC tested at 29.86%
10 weeks from seed
35 - 59”
She looks like this:

Blackberry Moonrocks

Blue Moonrock x Blackberry Kush Ruderalis
80/20 indica heavy hybrid
Average THC 32%
8-9 weeks from seed
Up to 48”
She looks like this:

Cherry Pie

Cherry Pie x The Fog x Ruderalis
75/25 indica heavy hybrid
THC up to 25%
8-10 weeks from seed
Up to 60”
She looks like this:

Double Grape
Sour Stomper x Grape Crinkle
60/40 indica heavy hybrid
THC up to 28%
60 days from seed
Up to 40”
She looks like this:

Lifesaver x Sour Bubble#7 - The Clone

I can’t tell you much about this one. Yoda says it’s balanced, high THC, sweet/fruity, and very productive. The parents are both sweet and fruity with some sour on the SB side, so I would expect a sweet and sour sort of thing. He says it flowers in around 8 weeks. Sorry, no picture of this one.

So there you have it. 5 plants, 3 locations, a hula hoop scrog rig, some high THC autos, and a clone that’s very special to me. Then we’re outta here!

Thanks so much for being here, hopefully you’ll stick around and we’ll have a blast!

Here’s the 2x4 setup with the XS1500 Pros.

IMG_1591.jpeg
How do you deal with the high heat and humidity down in in Fla, such a battle all the time?

Thanks

They say mix with water, so I could add it to my tea recipe, Yoda’s Tea. Even though he gave it to me for the clone, he says it’ll be great for the Sky and the Bubblegum. He also said to add bat guano to the tea. Is this for P - K? Do you agree that flower is when to add that particular type of shit? And he didn’t specify, he said to feel it out. Jerk. Lol. So any idea how much guano to add to a 5-gallon tea recipe? For a shitty comparison ( :rofl: ), the recipe calls for one cup of EWC, and one cup of humus if that is relevant. Everything else is basically 1/4 cups. Yoda said to give them the tea about every ten days to two weeks, so I think starting with the next Geo application (2 weeks) I will water it in with the tea. Then again with each application. Make sense? Last question - once I start the tea, is there any reason to discontinue consistent EWC application or watering in the Mackerel or Kelp?

Thank you sir!
Bat guano is phosphorus. Nitrogen too but when most recommend it, its the phosphorus they usually use it for. I love phosphorus. It's hard to get organically so you need to start mining it at day 1.

Adding a bit to a tea, then adding ewc and humus for the microlife, then any others such as kelp, and a bit of sugar, so molasses is great here, allows the microbes (ewc) to find a home (humus) some carbon (molasses) and the carbon just happens to be full of npk and it all gets eaten and the microbe population explodes, cuz its in a bucket with lots of air bubblinng through it, and then yes, thats a really good tea.

Most would say flower tea, I would say a great anytime tea. I would also add a bit of alfalfa meal if you can find it.

At half the amount of the kelp. You still need a bit of nitrogen. I try to never tea after stretch finishes, but sometimes you need too. If I'm that deep into flower I leave the alfalfa out.

Brew all the ingredients for 24 hours, then add the ewc and brew for another 18-24 hours. The molasses keeps the bugs alive until they hit the soil.

Don't over-do the guano. Its a waste and it can mess things up. Stick with the recipe on phosphorus inputs.

Then when the tea is brewed, cut it 50/50 with water and serve it. Stir it really good between servings so the particles get spread around.

Pour it slowly and evenly across the entire pot surface.

I usually water first until they are fully hydrated, then pour the tea. It spreads better in the pot that way.

Wash airstones immediately before turning them off. Pop them out of the bucket and into the sink still blowing air and scrub them clean with a bristle brush.

Then let them blow dry for a couple minutes then shut them off.

Every 10 days is wise. That keeps you ahead. I use Day 10, Day 20, etc to remind me to tea or topdress.

I usually hit mine with a full veg tea 10 days before flip to be there for stretch, with ewc bubbled in to make it a microbe tea, then again at the end of stretch but a full on flower tea with no microbes, if I think they need a 2nd tea. Sometimes they are really ripping, and sometimes they need a bit of a boost after stretch. If your unsure, use the 2nd tea.

But I topdress every 10 days with minerals, ewc, and fresh mulch so that negates the extra teas. Yoda has way too many plants to top dress. He needs regular teas.

I always use 1 tea in late veg. I spend the 1st 40+ days buliding myco and roots, then I boost microbes with a tea before flip.

Today is Day 20 for me so it's topdress day. Stretch is also winding down so the nitrogen inputs in the ewc (the greens) are more than enough for the soil so if I were to tea now, I would not use the alfalfa.

Teas are better served at half strength but twice as often, whether you are adding microbes or just brewing food.

So if you need 5 gallons, make 2.5 and cut it with 2.5 gallons of water. If you aren't happy, do it again a week later.

Teas burn tips really easy. Serve them early in the day so the leaves can process the nutes all day long.

How do you deal with the high heat and humidity down in in Fla, such a battle all the time?

Thanks
Hey @soulshine - you a Warren Haynes fan by chance? Yeah, it’s a battle alright. I have a 5000 Btu window AC unit on each tent. That keeps me cool and the RH manageable. It costs a few bucks. Now it’s the time seasonally speaking where it’s best case scenario. I only run the units for a couple hours a day now. Mostly by day they are ambient with doors open.

Blasphemy! You mixed all 9 strains together? God man, after all that work to know what’s what? Why bother? Next time just chuck seeds in pots at random and then don’t worry about what they are? Lmao!!!
Its just the leftovers.

I don’t normally vape this much in a week at all. I’m too lazy and with literally kilos of weed at home - seriously? I don’t care.

I have fullsized plants of all the best strains I tested finishing in 10-14 days.

And not seeded like these.

Mimosa x Orange Punch Barneys
CBD Walock 1:1
Purple Queen
Hulkberry

These we grow again.

Blueberry OG (Cause cross Blueberry with OG Kush?!)
Ayuhuasca Purple
Bruce Banner

Yeah we refined our picks for the next grows out.

Bat guano is phosphorus. Nitrogen too but when most recommend it, its the phosphorus they usually use it for. I love phosphorus. It's hard to get organically so you need to start mining it at day 1.

Adding a bit to a tea, then adding ewc and humus for the microlife, then any others such as kelp, and a bit of sugar, so molasses is great here, allows the microbes (ewc) to find a home (humus) some carbon (molasses) and the carbon just happens to be full of npk and it all gets eaten and the microbe population explodes, cuz its in a bucket with lots of air bubblinng through it, and then yes, thats a really good tea.

Most would say flower tea, I would say a great anytime tea. I would also add a bit of alfalfa meal if you can find it.

At half the amount of the kelp. You still need a bit of nitrogen. I try to never tea after stretch finishes, but sometimes you need too. If I'm that deep into flower I leave the alfalfa out.

Brew all the ingredients for 24 hours, then add the ewc and brew for another 18-24 hours. The molasses keeps the bugs alive until they hit the soil.

Don't over-do the guano. Its a waste and it can mess things up. Stick with the recipe on phosphorus inputs.

Then when the tea is brewed, cut it 50/50 with water and serve it. Stir it really good between servings so the particles get spread around.

Pour it slowly and evenly across the entire pot surface.

I usually water first until they are fully hydrated, then pour the tea. It spreads better in the pot that way.

Wash airstones immediately before turning them off. Pop them out of the bucket and into the sink still blowing air and scrub them clean with a bristle brush.

Then let them blow dry for a couple minutes then shut them off.

Every 10 days is wise. That keeps you ahead. I use Day 10, Day 20, etc to remind me to tea or topdress.

I usually hit mine with a full veg tea 10 days before flip to be there for stretch, with ewc bubbled in to make it a microbe tea, then again at the end of stretch but a full on flower tea with no microbes, if I think they need a 2nd tea. Sometimes they are really ripping, and sometimes they need a bit of a boost after stretch. If your unsure, use the 2nd tea.

But I topdress every 10 days with minerals, ewc, and fresh mulch so that negates the extra teas. Yoda has way too many plants to top dress. He needs regular teas.

I always use 1 tea in late veg. I spend the 1st 40+ days buliding myco and roots, then I boost microbes with a tea before flip.

Today is Day 20 for me so it's topdress day. Stretch is also winding down so the nitrogen inputs in the ewc (the greens) are more than enough for the soil so if I were to tea now, I would not use the alfalfa.

Teas are better served at half strength but twice as often, whether you are adding microbes or just brewing food.

So if you need 5 gallons, make 2.5 and cut it with 2.5 gallons of water. If you aren't happy, do it again a week later.

Teas burn tips really easy. Serve them early in the day so the leaves can process the nutes all day long.
Wow! Thanks @Gee64, excellent primer! I’m saving that one to my notes. Gracias.

Wow! Thanks @Gee64, excellent primer! I’m saving that one to my notes. Gracias.
So I’ll do no alfalfa and brew 2.5 like you say. Give them one shot asap. Hold off on the other shots and read the plants. How long is tea good for? And should I refrigerate the leftover?

Its just the leftovers.

I don’t normally vape this much in a week at all. I’m too lazy and with literally kilos of weed at home - seriously? I don’t care.

I have fullsized plants of all the best strains I tested finishing in 10-14 days.

And not seeded like these.

Mimosa x Orange Punch Barneys
CBD Walock 1:1
Purple Queen
Hulkberry

These we grow again.

Blueberry OG (Cause cross Blueberry with OG Kush?!)
Ayuhuasca Purple
Bruce Banner

Yeah we refined our picks for the next grows out.
I like plain old straight Blueberry, the original strain by dude, forget his name.

Hey @soulshine - you a Warren Haynes fan by chance? Yeah, it’s a battle alright. I have a 5000 Btu window AC unit on each tent. That keeps me cool and the RH manageable. It costs a few bucks. Now it’s the time seasonally speaking where it’s best case scenario. I only run the units for a couple hours a day now. Mostly by day they are ambient with doors open.
Love the Allman Brothers band and in turn Warren, it is a great song and spot on. something i just finished

10-25 2.JPG

So I’ll do no alfalfa and brew 2.5 like you say. Give them one shot asap. Hold off on the other shots and read the plants. How long is tea good for? And should I refrigerate the leftover?

Teas are almost entirely about microbes so they only last 18-48 hours max while bubbling. Four hours max (but severely degrades after 30 mins) once the air stops. They can’t be refrigerated or reused, you’re brewing what you’ll be using.

If you’re using @GeoFlora Nutrients as directed, teas are unnecessary. It comes with the same microbes/ingredients you’re looking for in a tea. If you’ve got plants going in a mineralized soil or have dead soil you want to revitalize, then teas are useful.

You can practice making and applying on the GF plants, just be much, much easier with the amounts you’re using since you’re already top dressing a considerable amount with the GF

Teas are almost entirely about microbes so they only last 18-48 hours max while bubbling. Four hours max (but severely degrades after 30 mins) once the air stops. They can’t be refrigerated or reused, you’re brewing what you’ll be using.

If you’re using @GeoFlora Nutrients as directed, teas are unnecessary. It comes with the same microbes/ingredients you’re looking for in a tea. If you’ve got plants going in a mineralized soil or have dead soil you want to revitalize, then teas are useful.

You can practice making and applying on the GF plants, just be much, much easier with the amounts you’re using since you’re already top dressing a considerable amount with the GF
Ah. Thanks @Keffka. I like that even more. I didn’t want to spend the coin amassing all the ingredients for this grow anyway when it’s already post stretch and fully in flower. No need to practice on the Geo girls. They look awesome. Thanks again!!!

Love the Allman Brothers band and in turn Warren, it is a great song and spot on. something i just finished

10-25 2.JPG
Auto? What strain? Nice plant!

Ah. Thanks @Keffka. I like that even more. I didn’t want to spend the coin amassing all the ingredients for this grow anyway when it’s already post stretch and fully in flower. No need to practice on the Geo girls. They look awesome. Thanks again!!!
Oh well, there goes the compost pile idea. :rolleyes: :confused:

Oh well, there goes the compost pile idea. :rolleyes: :confused:
Lol. Oh ye of little faith. Oy. I just said for THIS grow. I already have a rotating compost bin in place at home. I will get all the ingredients when the time comes. You know this. Lol.

420h/Blurple Closet

A bit crowded at the moment - very cloudy today, so the 1/2-gallon girls are in here. The mini Sky has basically doubled in the stretch.

IMG_2929.jpeg

IMG_2930.jpeg
What do you think @NickHardy ? Is she good for a quarter?

What do you think @NickHardy ? Is she good for a quarter?
I packed those half gallon pots way too hard. The pots are like rocks. If takes forever for water to drain. I don’t see how they’re even growing. So I’m not surprised by their size. I’ll do much better next time.

Thanks
He sweats. Can't breath . Learn to take three showers a day . After long time like 20 years of that heat your sweat glads die. Then it don't bother you.

LOL 😆🤣😆

Back
Top Bottom