Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Garden

Today is @GeoFlora Nutrients application day. We went full Bloom nutes this time. If it’s true, as @Gee64 says, that whatever we do today is for about two weeks from now, they are still riding the combo applications (veg and bloom) I’ve been feeding to this point. That’s perfect for where they are and has worked out very well. But in two weeks they’ll be in full stacking mode. So it seemed to make sense to go to full bloom now.

Here’s our girls, forgive the droop they literally just got watered. I lowered the Skywalker a little to match the canopy of the Bubblegum Sherbet. Also Gee, would the seaweed supplement pictured be a good K boost for flower at some point? Note the K is 18. And if so, when would be good to hit them with this? Thanks.

IMG_2916.jpeg

IMG_2917.jpeg

IMG_2918.jpeg
I love ocean products myself. Its best when mixed in at cooking time, but afterwards, I like to mix it in a tea. How do the instructions say to apply it?

I love ocean products myself. Its best when mixed in at cooking time, but afterwards, I like to mix it in a tea. How do the instructions say to apply it?
They say mix with water, so I could add it to my tea recipe, Yoda’s Tea. Even though he gave it to me for the clone, he says it’ll be great for the Sky and the Bubblegum. He also said to add bat guano to the tea. Is this for P - K? Do you agree that flower is when to add that particular type of shit? And he didn’t specify, he said to feel it out. Jerk. Lol. So any idea how much guano to add to a 5-gallon tea recipe? For a shitty comparison ( :rofl: ), the recipe calls for one cup of EWC, and one cup of humus if that is relevant. Everything else is basically 1/4 cups. Yoda said to give them the tea about every ten days to two weeks, so I think starting with the next Geo application (2 weeks) I will water it in with the tea. Then again with each application. Make sense? Last question - once I start the tea, is there any reason to discontinue consistent EWC application or watering in the Mackerel or Kelp?

Thank you sir!

Mini - Skywalker

Mini-Sky has a budlet!!

IMG_2922.jpeg
Hey good morning @NickHardy, Master of Zen Danger. Lol. I can give you an estimate now. The mini Sky, if she gives me a quarter ounce dried and trimmed, I’ll be psyched. The mini MMxM34? I just want one big, fat, juicy bong hit off her. Just to taste it. She ain’t good for even an eighth I don’t think (lmao), so I’ve lowered my sights. Shoot for an eighth and you may grab a binger or two. Heh.

Poor Yoda!

He really is back in the swamp of Dagobah!

Rh must be off the charts there 🤣
SERIOUS dehumidifiers. Dozens. But then again, he wastes no energy actually moving anything by hand.

I don’t know I’ve ever had a nicer compliment, fair brought a tear to my eye.

Uh - it was a compliment, right?

😂
Lmao!! No, I suddenly became an asshole for no reason whatsoever and decided to start ragging on you.

Of course it’s a compliment!

Silly foreigner.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lmao!! No, I suddenly became an asshole for no reason whatsoever and decided to start ragging on you.

Of course it’s a compliment!

Silly foreigner.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Well, a  back-handed compliment, but I suppose a compliment nonetheless...

Cherry Pie
Day 62

So she really is just starting budlets now, as shown in the pictures. With this many days to budlets I can’t begin to guess how long total she’ll go. 130 days? That would be about 70 flower days. With autos, I find that once you hit flower, their timeline is not dissimilar from photo flower times.

Note in the side shot that there is a growth bump, or a little hill of growth, in the center of the canopy. I don’t believe this is by chance dominance expression. I believe it is due to the fact that the middle is where the two light fields intersect/overlap, and this the area of highest ppfd on the canopy. She has a generally umbrella-esque shape to her for this reason I believe. If you had an XS 1500 Pro that was one light, but the same width as the two I’m using, you wouldn’t get the intersection. Something to keep in mind when setting up lighting. It’s why I strongly prefer a bar lighting for a tent.

Also note that I got her color back up. It’s amazing how fast the response is in coco. This plant is a lesson in how to handle an N hog, which you will have at some point, it’s very common. You basically have to stay on top of it. In my experience there’s a tipping point, after which you can no longer bring her back. When the yellowing won’t stop. Don’t allow that to happen or you’ll have an Apple Fritter from my last grow. That’s exactly what happened to her - I waited too long and didn’t keep up on it, and suddenly she glowed yellow. This is bad. Lol.

IMG_2925.jpeg

IMG_2924.jpeg

Oh but I that could arrange it!

A few of us at some dive bar with live music sitting around having a natter.

Be a fun night.

Hiwever, that might just be the Strawberry Cheesecake Auto I just smoked 🤣

9 strains in less than 24 hours.

Tough gig, some one had to do it.

Cherry Pie
Day 62

So she really is just starting budlets now, as shown in the pictures. With this many days to budlets I can’t begin to guess how long total she’ll go. 130 days? That would be about 70 flower days. With autos, I find that once you hit flower, their timeline is not dissimilar from photo flower times.

Note in the side shot that there is a growth bump, or a little hill of growth, in the center of the canopy. I don’t believe this is by chance dominance expression. I believe it is due to the fact that the middle is where the two light fields intersect/overlap, and this the area of highest ppfd on the canopy. She has a generally umbrella-esque shape to her for this reason I believe. If you had an XS 1500 Pro that was one light, but the same width as the two I’m using, you wouldn’t get the intersection. Something to keep in mind when setting up lighting. It’s why I strongly prefer a bar lighting for a tent.

Also note that I got her color back up. It’s amazing how fast the response is in coco. This plant is a lesson in how to handle an N hog, which you will have at some point, it’s very common. You basically have to stay on top of it. In my experience there’s a tipping point, after which you can no longer bring her back. When the yellowing won’t stop. Don’t allow that to happen or you’ll have an Apple Fritter from my last grow. That’s exactly what happened to her - I waited too long and didn’t keep up on it, and suddenly she glowed yellow. This is bad. Lol.

IMG_2925.jpeg

IMG_2924.jpeg
Here’s a fan game shot.

IMG_2926.jpeg

Oh but I that could arrange it!

A few of us at some dive bar with live music sitting around having a natter.

Be a fun night.

Hiwever, that might just be the Strawberry Cheesecake Auto I just smoked 🤣

9 strains in less than 24 hours.

Tough gig, some one had to do it.
Seems you’ve been smoking a bit more lately than your usual? Or is that just me? Are you in training? The Potlympics is coming up you know. I intend to take gold.

That pic is spinning my head in scale!

How tall is the tent?!
Ha. It’s a sponsorship gift from @ViparSpectra Val. That’s why this is the permanent VS tent. Along with the two XS1500 Pros. The tent is 2x4x5. Only 5’ tall!

If you had an XS 1500 Pro that was one light, but the same width as the two I’m using, you wouldn’t get the intersection.
You wouldn't get the intersection, but you would still get a hotspot. It's one of the problems with qb style lights.
I have it with the XS2000.
Is there any way for you to move the lights slightly further apart? That might get a more even spread, assuming it's something you'd like to change.

Seems you’ve been smoking a bit more lately than your usual? Or is that just me? Are you in training? The Potlympics is coming up you know. I intend to take gold.
Had 9 new strains to try this week we grew.

I just have a little vape and throw most of it away - well it can go in the pre roll bin. Though that bag has all 9 strains in - mostly Indica heavy hybrids but the CBD Warlock in there will give you a headslap I reckon! I’m a cheap date but if you made a bowl of that mix 😂
image.jpg

You wouldn't get the intersection, but you would still get a hotspot. It's one of the problems with qb style lights.
I have it with the XS2000.
Is there any way for you to move the lights slightly further apart? That might get a more even spread, assuming it's something you'd like to change.
Well, that depends on the light. The better the light, the less hot spot you get. But generally I agree. It’s just worse with static center mount lights than bar lights was my point, stated not so thoroughly or eloquently, lol.

As far as your question, yeah, tried it both ways. Since the lights are only at 50%, this concentrates the light field to closer to the size of the canopy, so it’s a choice. But good call.

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom