Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Btw - I’ve never seen anyone even attempt a manifold with an auto. I want to see that so badly. I could be wrong - maybe it can be done. If it can, you would be the guy to do it.
Kind of a manifold ;)

California Snow @ day 41

Day 41 CS high 1 Sept 2023.jpg

Cheers, eh ?

Skywalker
De-Flarfing

Here’s a couple shots to show how high I’ve stripped the Skywalker colas to and an overhead. Forgive her droop, she got watered ten minutes ago. I messed with the tint a little to try and eliminate the pink hue and get closer to her real colors. She is sweet as hell in real life.

IMG_2810.jpeg

IMG_2809.jpeg

IMG_2811.jpeg

Kind of a manifold ;)

California Snow @ day 41

Day 41 CS high 1 Sept 2023.jpg

Cheers, eh ?
Have you done it that way before, @Chuckeye? I assume you’d use a sativa for that? How do they turn out done like that?

Anyone ever try one of our sponsors, Dank Seeds? I never have but I checked them out and couldn’t resist ordering this photo:

Cosmic Lemon Haze (CLH) - 30%+ - Balanced Hybrid

Jungle Spice x Gorilla Diesel

This strain combines the cerebral blast off with the zesty and invigorating essence of lemons. The balance of sativa and Indica provides a strong uplift while at the same time providing a light body high. With this strain you can expect Creativity Euphoria with Numbness coupled with Pain Relief. This super spicy bud with hints of sour, lemons and diesel will sing a symphony on your palate. Cosmic Lemon Haze took years in the development for this PREMIUM Cannabis Strain pack full of Trichomes pushing cannabinoids up to 30%!!! Take the journey through the cosmos with CLH1. Get Ready to blast off…

Cosmic Lemon Haze (CLH) • Dank Bullet Points:

• Balanced Hybrid
  • Cannabinoids: up to 30%
  • Aroma/Nose: Spicy ∙ Lemon ∙ Diesel
  • Yield Potential: Large
  • Flowering Time: 8-9 weeks
We’ll give them a shot. Strain looks fun.

Yes, it has become my SOP for sativas. Trail until the plant is 20"-24" wide and then let her go.

Once they reach 30" or so high I install a wire hoop as support.

With that style training I can usually keep their height down to below 4'...

Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger yield.jpg

Cheers
Thanks @Chuckeye! So you think that’s your golden ticket to maxing yield? I’m sure you’ve tried every which way of training, yes?

Thanks @Chuckeye! So you think that’s your golden ticket to maxing yield?
Actually no ;)

I don't grow to max out yield, I grow to control height and get a taste :bongrip:

That's also why I don't veg for longer than ~50 days....
I’m sure you’ve tried every which way of training, yes?
I'm sure there are a few variants I haven't tried yet !

If I can just get over my reluctance to removing perfectly healthy parts, he, he...

Cheers

Actually no ;)

I don't grow to max out yield, I grow to control height and get a taste :bongrip:

That's also why I don't veg for longer than ~50 days....

I'm sure there are a few variants I haven't tried yet !

If I can just get over my reluctance to removing perfectly healthy parts, he, he...

Cheers
I meant with autos when you have no control over veg time.

Garden

A couple changes. The two half gallon girls are out. They’re going to finish outside. Don’t care what happens to them. They were taking up loads of unnecessary space and crap. I packed the pots WAY too tight, and too hot, and these girls have gone nowhere. So out they go.

Raising the big Sour Lifesaver clone was a serious PITA. But it gave us this sweet ass canopy. It was bugging me too much to leave the clone two inches lower than the others. Lol. My OCD nature is satisfied.

IMG_2815.jpeg

IMG_2816.jpeg

Garden

A couple changes. The two half gallon girls are out. They’re going to finish outside. Don’t care what happens to them. They were taking up loads of unnecessary space and crap. I packed the pots WAY too tight, and too hot, and these girls have gone nowhere. So out they go.

Raising the big Sour Lifesaver clone was a serious PITA. But it gave us this sweet ass canopy. It was bugging me too much to leave the clone two inches lower than the others. Lol. My OCD nature is satisfied.

IMG_2815.jpeg

IMG_2816.jpeg
Well, I hope they get a chance to mature.

Well, I hope they get a chance to mature.
They love the sun. Every time I put them outside they almost immediately show a significant upturn. And the mini-Sky isn’t so bad. She’s stretching normally at least. Just infinitesimally small. Lol. The mini MMxM34 is straight up :rofl: .

I meant with autos when you have no control over veg time.
Ahhh, auto's ;)

First off, I really don't treat my auto's any differently than photoperiods.

I like to top, train and lollipop if the growth is there....

Another goal of mine is the least amount of time in trim jail !

Always growing four new strains each time can be a challenge, you don't know what they will do.

But my first decision on methodology is height. The tallest ones @ week 3 - 4 ish get topped.

I've also noticed auto's are Not wimps, they take roughly the same amount of food as photoperiods.

I've been fortunate that I usually get 40 - 50 days and sometimes quite a bit beyond before flowering really sets in.

Lollipopping for every one :yahoo:

I have had auto's that grow decent buds right down to the bottom but...

It dawned on me one grow I did two of one strain, the Gelato auto. Only had two seeds and they both popped so each got fed a different nutrient.

Au natural yielded 6 oz, topped was 10 3/4 oz.

But an untopped Gorilla Glue #4 auto yielded just shy of a pound o_O

Best answer, it depends. Read the plant and go with your gut :yummy:

BTW > my medium of choice is ProMix HP. I've used 3, then 4 and then 5 gallon fabric pots. Can't say the yield was any better or worse, only difference was the frequency of fertigation...

This grow is 5 gallon SIP's. It is yet to be determined how this will effect yield BUT I have never had such healthy and happy plants. I managed to not burn them and I can count on one hand how many leaves I've lost !

Love to see my girls Green right to the end !

IMHO the fade and fancy colors are simply signs of deficiencies (ducking and running now ;))

Cheers

Forgot one important thing, lighting.

I start my seedlings in solo cups with my 600w MH/HPS @ 75% and ~36".

Raise or lower depending on how they stretch. Leave the light there and let them grow into it.

Late veg turn up to 100% and adjust to roughly 20" from the outside plants canopy. So the middle could be as close as 12". No idea of par, don't trust the android app !

As long as the tops don't burn and the girls continue to pray I leave them there....

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom