Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

That me in the corner, that’s me in the spot-light… 🎵

😂
You even got the not-so-subtle pause he puts in between spot and light! Well done.

Scrog Thoughts

I’m considering switching out the Strawberry Gorilla and the Double Grape, leaving the Cherry Pie and Strawberry Gorilla for the scrog in the @ViparSpectra tent. Both of them are about the same size and girth. As it is now, the Cherry Pie will hit the screen a week ahead of the Double Grape. Not sure that works. I’m looking for half and half, not 2/3 and 1/3. I think that switch would take care of the screen hit timing, but then the concern is that both these plants are going to outgrow the whole 2x4 (quite easily possible). Any thoughts on this from anyone would be appreciated??? The Cherry Pie appears to be the tallest and most robust plant, followed closely by the SG. The Double Grape is taking her time a little more.

Sour Lifesaver Clone

Our first directional alteration!!!

IMG_2136.jpeg

IMG_2137.jpeg

Sour Lifesaver Clone

Our first directional alteration!!!

IMG_2136.jpeg

IMG_2137.jpeg
The obvious call here is to simply take those six colas and run them evenly like a clock around the circle all the way to the edge, letting the new growth and lowers as they come fill in the rest. She has awesome internodes with new growth every couple inches. It’ll fill fairly quickly.

@InTheShed - okay my friend, since you’re just a tiny bit invested (or at a minimum, curious), if you like you can help me make this call. The Cherry Pie needs some green help, ie, a little N. For sure. The question is what to use? I’m thinking maybe a 2-3 ml/gallon shot of PB Core B (she’s on week one of Remo, ie, 5 ml/gallon). But of course there are other options. I know what we said and what the goal is, but she needs N, straight up. Any thoughts?

Here she is with a closeup on a leaf. Do you think I’m wrong and she’s okay? Or needs N? I obviously lean towards N.

IMG_2138.jpeg

IMG_2139.jpeg

@InTheShed - okay my friend, since you’re just a tiny bit invested (or at a minimum, curious), if you like you can help me make this call. The Cherry Pie needs some green help, ie, a little N. For sure. The question is what to use? I’m thinking maybe a 2-3 ml/gallon shot of PB Core B (she’s on week one of Remo, ie, 5 ml/gallon). But of course there are other options. I know what we said and what the goal is, but she needs N, straight up. Any thoughts?

Here she is with a closeup on a leaf. Do you think I’m wrong and she’s okay? Or needs N? I obviously lean towards N.

IMG_2138.jpeg

IMG_2139.jpeg
As you know I am no expert, but I would say a little N as those leave are not overly yellow.

As you know I am no expert, but I would say a little N as those leave are not overly yellow.
True. But I see something potentially on the horizon and would like to arrest it in its tracks. Hard to get too much lower than a 2ml shot of Core B when the others are at 5ml, right? Lots of plants are N hogs, I’ve had many. Hmm…

True. But I see something potentially on the horizon and would like to arrest it in its tracks. Hard to get too much lower than a 2ml shot of Core B when the others are at 5ml, right? Lots of plants are N hogs, I’ve had many. Hmm…
I would say you are right on a 2 ml shot is 1/5th a normal 10 ml dose. I did extra core B when my small sour diesel started yellowing and it was 2 mls I added, and it worked great. It turned my plant green again and it has stayed there.

Maybe bump up the Magnifical?
I know you'll get more cal & mag, but I doubt you're close to excess for them.
Thought of that but I’m already adding 5ml/gallon of calmag plus iron first, on top of the MagNifiCal as prescribed. Don’t think that’s it. And you’re right - plants handle WAY more of those than one would think.

That is a proper beautiful setup.

On the N thing - I have a bottle of N-Mag I’ve used recently with success. But seems like not a common thing?
Ha! I forgot about my Blue Planet Cal Mag Pro Formula! You just reminded me! It’s 8-0-0 on top of the cal mag I believe. I use it sparingly in times like this. Good call. That will cover me on the N if me and @KeithLemon are right, and cover the calmag if @Melville Hobbes is right. Thank you for your input gentlemen, it is greatly appreciated.

Ha! I forgot about my Blue Planet Cal Mag Pro Formula! You just reminded me! It’s 8-0-0 on top of the cal mag I believe. I use it sparingly in times like this. Good call. That will cover me on the N if me and @KeithLemon are right, and cover the calmag if @Melville Hobbes is right. Thank you for your input gentlemen, it is greatly appreciated.
This is the magic and the frustration of growing autos and strains you never grew before. You gotta kind of get off a little bit on the uncertainty and the not being sure about stuff. Lmao.

I believe you about it being nitrogen, the reason I suggested upping the Magnifical is it's 3-0-0, which would give you an N bump without messing up the balance of the other nutrients.
If you have an 8-0-0 product, that's better.

It’s 8-0-0 on top of the cal mag I believe.
Ah that’s what I have I guess - I banged this in when I got my plants from the clone/veg tent from & Co and they weren’t my rich green. About two weeks ago.
IMG_6135.jpeg

and strains you never grew before.
Hehe - l know that!

The question is what to use? I’m thinking maybe a 2-3 ml/gallon shot of PB Core B (she’s on week one of Remo, ie, 5 ml/gallon). But of course there are other options. I know what we said and what the goal is, but she needs N, straight up. Any thoughts?
I thought you were going to run Remo by their feed chart this run. :hmmmm: I'm really only "invested" if you follow their feed instructions, since once you start modding the regime you're not showing what Remo can do as prescribed. We've already seen what it can "do" in flower with their chart.

1694984204033.png

I'd already be off their numbers if I were calculating it. Looks like you need Ca but not Mg and you're already high in N if you're running 8/8/8/8 now. I certainly wouldn't go with Blue Planet given the 8-0-0 in that.

8/8/8/8 is 190-37-123 with Ca at 42, Mg at 49, and S at 32.

I believe you about it being nitrogen, the reason I suggested upping the Magnifical is it's 3-0-0, which would give you an N bump without messing up the balance of the other nutrients.
If you have an 8-0-0 product, that's better.
Gotcha. Thanks. I see what you mean. My stand alone calmag is 2-0-0. I decided to let her go as is for another day or two and see what’s up. That would be 5-0-0, vs with the 8 it’d be 11-0-0. Not sure which to use, so I’ll give her a few days and see then.

I thought you were going to run Remo by their feed chart this run. :hmmmm: I'm really only "invested" if you follow their feed instructions, since once you start modding the regime you're not showing what Remo can do as prescribed. We've already seen what it can "do" in flower with their chart.

1694984204033.png

I'd already be off their numbers if I were calculating it. Looks like you need Ca but not Mg and you're already high in N if you're running 8/8/8/8 now. I certainly wouldn't go with Blue Planet given the 8-0-0 in that.

8/8/8/8 is 190-37-123 with Ca at 42, Mg at 49, and S at 32.
Fair enough, and thanks. I’m not using anything. I decided it was more important to go by the numbers and wait a few days. She’s not major pale or anything. Maybe she’s just a lighter green strain? Since I had too many not sures I figured it was better to wait and see and stick to the numbers. So you’re still in! Lmao.

Hi @Keffka - hey man I have an odd question and thought I’d put it here since maybe someone has some interest. So I’m wondering - I want the size of coco but the taste of organics. What would happen to a plant if I were to veg her in coco in say a 2-gallon pot, then uppot at the flip (or near) into a prepped pot of soil with myco? Would that work? Would the plant make the transition? And would that in the least help get to the stated goal? Most of the size is accomplished in veg. If the plant would transition from chem to organics, might this be worth a try?

Back
Top Bottom