Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Ooph pots on the brain. Got 35 or so to up pot tomorrow. My wife is going to be so busy I worry if my lunch will be late 😂
Yeah, don't say that last part out loud, at least not in ear shot of &Co. We like having you around and not physically compromised. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Cherry Pie

Ok @InTheShed, I now am 100% convinced that your assessment that certain trichome shots do NOT show a central tube but are, as you said, a lens reflection, is correct. But this is a new one and very very cool. This is how I’m certain. Check out the arrowed trichomes. :rofl: How cool is that? The second picture is the LEDs inside the microscope sleeve. As you can see, this is the reason for those reflections. But boy does it look cool.

2023-12-30-18-18-41-338.jpeg

IMG_4151.jpeg

Northern Lights Auto
Day 34

Morning @rehabilitatora420 - well my friend, now we are really cooking with gas. Today, day 34, I wake up to the first signs of flower on the girl. I want to show you what that looks like and also discuss feeding a little.

Here’s the plant this morning:

Here are a few of the colas, non-marked. Take a good look at these:

Now here’s a few marked pictures. When you see these really thin, finger like leaves begin to sprout from the cola, vs. the fatter way they were coming out before, you are beginning to transition into flower.

When you begin to see pistils at multiple levels on the colas, vs. just a pair here and there, like these, you are beginning to transition into flower.

So there are your first signs of an auto transitioning. Shortly she will begin to stretch.

So feeding. If you are using nutes (vs organic), an often asked question is, when do I begin bloom nutes with autos? With photos it’s easy, switch the nutes when you flip. But autos is a judgement call. I personally will begin feeding bloom/flower nutes now. I believe the plant works its hardest during the stretch and I also believe it begins to want the extra P and K from flower nutes for the stretch. Some folks wait until they have actual buds, like cotton balls. Some switch nutes at some point between now and when buds appear. Like I said, it’s a judgement call. I suggest you try it on my timing, but you can switch nutes over whenever you like beginning now.

That’s all for now. Hope this was helpful.

Blackberry Moonrocks

Here are the smallest buds on this plant. In my world, that makes this a zero flarf plant. Every bud will make the jars. Yay!

IMG_4160.jpeg

IMG_4161.jpeg

IMG_4162.jpeg

IMG_4165.jpeg
Well, maybe not the bud in the first pic. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hi Jon :ciao:
Following you n Nick because I grow autos in small pots whereas you two are kinda doing opposites
Gonna be interesting to watch :hookah:
Hey @Roy Growin - cool, thanks! Do you like growing them in small pots? I prefer large ones for bigger plants, but it depends on your situation.

Hey @Roy Growin - cool, thanks! Do you like growing them in small pots? I prefer large ones for bigger plants, but it depends on your situation.
Wait til you see an auto take the F off on a coco up top, water reservoir on the bottom setup!

Wait til you see an auto take the F off on a coco up top, water reservoir on the bottom setup!
Wait until you see photos beat autos on yield and days to harvest 😂

@Roy Growin - overslept. Sadly not long enough to miss the up potting party we have going on today!

I prefer to grow in smaller pots = feed more regularly, like a manual flood n drain in coco
I figured you had a reason. My large pot system isn’t dissimilar these days. Nice.

Northern Lights
Day 35
New Years Eve Special!!!

Happy NYE everyone! Morning @rehabilitatora420! Like I told you, we are in prime time now for training and at that stage where everything moves fast. Learn to enjoy it, cuz when you’re watching paint dry later you’ll wish you had something to do. Lmao! Anyway, today it was time to do a couple things:

1. Release her bonds. What I did was remove every stake except the ones holding the top two nodes flat. The branches have all been held in place long enough to maintain their positions when released, and now that we are about to stretch, we want her to be as free as possible. We will train through the stretch, but it’s mostly to even out the ring. What we want now, since we have established our 10-cola base and have a flat canopy, is VERTICAL growth. Let them go up! As they do, you can spread them a bit or even them out a bit or whatever is necessary to keep the canopy flat, but now that should be minimal adjustments.

What we did was what I feel you must do with autos: get the training established ASAP!!!! It’s a huge advantage in terms of yield. The reason is, when you get the training done before the stretch, like we have pretty much done here, you then have the freedoms to let the stretch do what it’s supposed to do. STRETCH. Why does the plant stretch? Lots of hormonal answers and such, but the plant stretches because when it does, the branches develop more nodes. More nodes = more buds. More buds = the plant has a better chance of catching pollen. This is what it genetically wants badly to do. So what that means is, longer stems = more bud = more yield. So we release them now. Maintain evenness and flatness as we go, and let her stretch. See how big she’ll get! Also as we go we will decide what to get rid of or keep, but that is after the new year. So that’s why I released them today. If we had NOT gotten the training done as early as we did, we would then have to waste valuable stretch time in training horizontally, thus robbing ourselves of vertical growth. Understand?

Here’s how nice and flat we are now:

And here’s how spread and even the canopy is from above, where it’s pretty clear what we have to do to even it out. Easy from here.

2. Notice how open the middle is now? That’s because it was time to take a few leaves off and open her up. So here’s the thing: everyone defoliates differently and in their own way they’re comfortable with. There are many schools of thought. At this point I feel that the goal is take as close to ZERO leaves as possible the entire grow. You need the leaves! They are your engines!

But, we also have to open up the middle and see what’s going on. So today I took four leaves. They were the ones in the middle that were keeping us from seeing inside. Here’s a closeup to show you better:

And here’s two pictures with arrows to show you where I took those leaves from. They were the smaller inside leaves that were blocking the entire middle. See?

3. Lastly, here’s a pretty good picture that tells the story after the above work is done. This is fricking sweet. This is a pretty good target, generally speaking, for a plant trained in this manner. Go for something in this vein.

I hope you and yours have a great new year, as well as anyone suffering through this endless, boring tutorial. Lmao!!!

:woohoo::yahoo::circle-of-love::cheer::cheer::thumb::tommy::tommy:

Where's Jon gone? This full on training Sensei has hacked his account, it seems!

Great work buddy!

:p :p - sorry, I know. Couldn't resist. I'm a bad person.

Nick
I went with the thank you emoji vs the lol emoji. This is basic training for a new grower. I have plenty of tricks up my sleeve for the likes of you. You have never seen me go full onslaught. I don’t, generally. Not really necessary for my needs. But I’m like you - I’m competitive. And a challenge brings my ego out - the part where I HATE to lose more than anything in life. Always been that way, it is what it is. I’m at my best when someone tells me they will beat me or that something can’t be done.

I’ll corral the shit talk for now cuz it’s NYE. But Nick I really am going to beat you. You don’t understand this yet, but my guess is that before you flip, you’ll know. I’m not the most incompetent grower here. You have seen but a sliver of my actual skills. I’m thankful for the opportunity. Can’t wait. The groveling. The damn you were rights. The bowing. I look forward to it. I’ll still go to the prom with you, but at least by then we will have established the org chart.

Oops. I said I’d corral it. Lmao! Happy New Year Nick!

I went with the thank you emoji vs the lol emoji. This is basic training for a new grower. I have plenty of tricks up my sleeve for the likes of you. You have never seen me go full onslaught. I don’t, generally. Not really necessary for my needs. But I’m like you - I’m competitive. And a challenge brings my ego out - the part where I HATE to lose more than anything in life. Always been that way, it is what it is. I’m at my best when someone tells me they will beat me or that something can’t be done.

I’ll corral the shit talk for now cuz it’s NYE. But Nick I really am going to beat you. You don’t understand this yet, but my guess is that before you flip, you’ll know. I’m not the most incompetent grower here. You have seen but a sliver of my actual skills. I’m thankful for the opportunity. Can’t wait. The groveling. The damn you were rights. The bowing. I look forward to it. I’ll still go to the prom with you, but at least by then we will have established the org chart.

Play nice children it’s a holiday after all. lol CL🍀😂

When there needs to be a laughing heart emoji!

It’ll be midnight in a a bit less thsn 4 hours here. Gosh I’m tired!

I mean assuming you don’t see my current 5x5 harvest in a month and a bit and think better of it I look forward to our contest next year!

I haven’t show half my hand of tricks yet though my friend!

Do you know, for example, that despite being unable to sing or play any instrument I own two microphone stands?

😂

Back
Top Bottom