Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

It lasted five seconds. I’m going to wait another day and let them tighten up a little more.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
It’s like my Yoda always tells me: when you think they’re dry wait one more day. When you think your buds are ready wait at least one more day. You can’t turn off the want to. You gotta force the discipline on yourself. That’s his take and I dig it.

So? What do you think? The trichomes on both are take whenever you want. I just want the buds to look “done.” What do you think?
A Happy New Year celebration harvest?!? I'm in! You gotta take at least something off the table. You like 'em earlier than I do. I say go for it. At least something.

A Happy New Year celebration harvest?!? I'm in! You gotta take at least something off the table. You like 'em earlier than I do. I say go for it. At least something.
Damnit. You suck @Azimuth. Lmao! I was already there with holding off, but the grip was tenuous. Now you’ve ruined me. Okay, I’ll do what I was going to do - I’ll take the Sky branches that are done and I’ll take enough off the CherryPie to open her up. I can see the annoyance with the CP already - so tightly packed that all the buds tight are super green, vs all that color up top. I’m sure it’s happened to you.

Damnit. You suck @Azimuth. Lmao! I was already there with holding off, but the grip was tenuous. Now you’ve ruined me. Okay, I’ll do what I was going to do - I’ll take the Sky branches that are done and I’ll take enough off the CherryPie to open her up. I can see the annoyance with the CP already - so tightly packed that all the buds tight are super green, vs all that color up top. I’m sure it’s happened to you.
Idk 🤷‍♂️ are you really sure this time? I think I know what I would do but then again it’s your decision. Lmao CL🍀. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Idk 🤷‍♂️ are you really sure this time? I think I know what I would do but then again it’s your decision. Lmao CL🍀. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Ok I get it now. You guys have nothing better to do today than F with me. And I assume this will continue as long as I respond. Lmao!! CL, I suspect you’d wait. You’re the king of long sativas and ultra patience. Azi, you’ve made your views clear. I am most definitely a coke weed guy and I get off a little on the chest bind. So I’ll do what I said and do a partial harvest on both plants. What the hell. Then wait two more days, maybe even three, take the rest, and I should have a comparison. Do you guys think you would taste or smell or notice in the buzz a difference in three days given where I am and that scenario?

Ok I get it now. You guys have nothing better to do today than F with me. And I assume this will continue as long as I respond. Lmao!! CL, I suspect you’d wait. You’re the king of long sativas and ultra patience. Azi, you’ve made your views clear. I am most definitely a coke weed guy and I get off a little on the chest bind. So I’ll do what I said and do a partial harvest on both plants. What the hell. Then wait two more days, maybe even three, take the rest, and I should have a comparison. Do you guys think you would taste or smell or notice in the buzz a difference in three days given where I am and that scenario?
Yes 👍 you’re correct about f-ing with you. But tbh my brain is still not fully recovered after 🍄 adventures so I’m in no condition to judge one way or another. lol 😝. CL🍀. :goodluck: :ciao:

Happy 2024 @Gee64 - hey question: I’m going to harvest the Skywalker tomorrow. I want to take a Brix reading at harvest. Can I use a crap bud from underneath to test the Brix or is that cheating? Most of the leaves are faded and won’t register well, and I don’t think are an accurate measure at this point? Or should I trim it and use the trimmed sugars? Thanks!

Yes 👍 you’re correct about f-ing with you. But tbh my brain is still not fully recovered after 🍄 adventures so I’m in no condition to judge one way or another. lol 😝. CL🍀. :goodluck: :ciao:
Congratulations, you survived amateur night!

Happy 2024 @Gee64 - hey question: I’m going to harvest the Skywalker tomorrow. I want to take a Brix reading at harvest. Can I use a crap bud from underneath to test the Brix or is that cheating? Most of the leaves are faded and won’t register well, and I don’t think are an accurate measure at this point? Or should I trim it and use the trimmed sugars? Thanks!
You could test a bud just to have a look, but brix readings are generally done via the leaves. Test one for sure, just to see.

You could test a bud just to have a look, but brix readings are generally done via the leaves. Test one for sure, just to see.
Thanks. What if I did that and also tested the greenest leaves I can find, even if they’re sugars? Or do they have to be fans?

Heya Jon!! Happy New Year!! Can't wait to see what 2024 has in store for everyone!! I've pulled up a couch and some popcorn for this grow off with @NickHardy Your tester nuggets look good. Hope everyone has a mean green sticky year!!😎✌️🎶💚

Heya Jon!! Happy New Year!! Can't wait to see what 2024 has in store for everyone!! I've pulled up a couch and some popcorn for this grow off with @NickHardy Your tester nuggets look good. Hope everyone has a mean green sticky year!!😎✌️🎶💚
Thanks @Scottay - happy new year to you as well, and glad you’re here. Almost time for the throw down where I get thoroughly embarrassed. Lol.

Cherry Pie
Day 128
PARTIAL HARVEST

Ok, I’m going in. I feel like I’m in Vietnam about to creep into one of the VietCong tunnels all alone. This damn plant has me twisted all over the place.

Oddly, it’s very difficult to find a single amber trichome other than a few in the leaves. Yet every one is completely filled with white save for a small handful of 3/4 full ones on about half the buds. This is a dream, depending on your dreams. Reality is rarely that the trichs go from clear - to fully white - to amber….without any overlap. There’s always whites when they’re clear, amber when they’re whitish, etc. it’s not this, then that, then that. But I always wish it was. I wish every plant would go full white before showing a single amber. It would define harvest time much easier. This plant is the closest I’ve ever seen to that.

At day 128 it is now officially the longest auto I’ve ever grown. I have no idea why. Blimburn said 8-10 weeks. Lmao. Try close to double that. I know it’s marketing, but nobody usually is off that much. Did I get a genetic aberration? Was it just a crazy long pheno? Or do they all go long? 61 days of veg before a pistil!!!! That’s completely unheard of. Those are photo stats - 60 day veg and 70 of flower or so.

Her color and yield are so obvious I’ll leave that there. She’s a superstar. The tester buds got me very high, and it was enough for me to tell I’m going to like the taste when she’s cured up. Point being, she must be grown again immediately. I gotta know if they all do this. And I now know how at least this pheno grew. So I’m using the CP as one of the organics in 3s in the contest grow. I feel confident she will yield regardless of pheno. And then I’ll have some chem/coco buds to compare to the soil/semi organic buds of the same strain.

I am going in to take any buds that look completely finished. I’m going to scope each one as well - only fully white everywhere buds will get taken, any with the least amount of clear will stay. Should be about a third of the plant, I’ll take the rest in a day or two.

Wish me luck. Pics to follow in a while.

Cherry Pie
Day 128
PARTIAL HARVEST

Ok, I’m going in. I feel like I’m in Vietnam about to creep into one of the VietCong tunnels all alone. This damn plant has me twisted all over the place.

Oddly, it’s very difficult to find a single amber trichome other than a few in the leaves. Yet every one is completely filled with white save for a small handful of 3/4 full ones on about half the buds. This is a dream, depending on your dreams. Reality is rarely that the trichs go from clear - to fully white - to amber….without any overlap. There’s always whites when they’re clear, amber when they’re whitish, etc. it’s not this, then that, then that. But I always wish it was. I wish every plant would go full white before showing a single amber. It would define harvest time much easier. This plant is the closest I’ve ever seen to that.

At day 128 it is now officially the longest auto I’ve ever grown. I have no idea why. Blimburn said 8-10 weeks. Lmao. Try close to double that. I know it’s marketing, but nobody usually is off that much. Did I get a genetic aberration? Was it just a crazy long pheno? Or do they all go long? 61 days of veg before a pistil!!!! That’s completely unheard of. Those are photo stats - 60 day veg and 70 of flower or so.

Her color and yield are so obvious I’ll leave that there. She’s a superstar. The tester buds got me very high, and it was enough for me to tell I’m going to like the taste when she’s cured up. Point being, she must be grown again immediately. I gotta know if they all do this. And I now know how at least this pheno grew. So I’m using the CP as one of the organics in 3s in the contest grow. I feel confident she will yield regardless of pheno. And then I’ll have some chem/coco buds to compare to the soil/semi organic buds of the same strain.

I am going in to take any buds that look completely finished. I’m going to scope each one as well - only fully white everywhere buds will get taken, any with the least amount of clear will stay. Should be about a third of the plant, I’ll take the rest in a day or two.

Wish me luck. Pics to follow in a while.
Sometimes Sativas or heavy leaning hybrids don’t really get much amber. I’m not sure with your strain so I can’t really say. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom