Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Cherry Pie

This trichome shot looks like an ultra closeup on some weird ass creatures face. Like a deranged owl or something. See the eyes? Crazy.

2023-12-28-05-18-04-085.jpeg
Put the bong down and back away slowly.... :rolleyes:

:rofl:

:rofl: I can’t stand when you’re so indirect….

That’s why I asked. May I say - that’s a bit odd, no? Doesn’t really convince me you’re not a bot.

@ViparSpectra
XS 1500 Pros

Hi Val! Happy holidays, hope you and yours are doing well. I wanted to share something I told another grower - this current plant under the XS 1500 Pros is the densest plant I’ve grown under them yet. Surprisingly, at the lowest light output I’ve yet flowered under. Never got to 100% the whole grow!! This is a way positive thing for several reasons, great buds, less $ on electricity, etc…. But what I’m really impressed with is the density of the buds in the middle - the lowest ones. They’re very dense. And they’re a good foot below the tops, which you’d expect to be dense being so close to the light. It speaks real well to the penetration these lights get, between the spectrum and the lensing. Good stuff!

Skywalker
Tester

I’ve been biting my lip repeatedly as I held off again and again from trying a tester bud from her. But today I finally broke. She’s in the toaster oven canoe as I type.

This was the absolute very smallest bud on the entire plant. There’s a small handful of these in the very inside bottom. In my world, this is jarred (not the two little pieces). Ie - this is a zero flarf plant. And for the holidays, I will once again give @InTheShed a ton of credit - Shed is the person who has taught me how to really effectively deflarf a plant. I follow his model, on page 1000-something of his journal, lol. It took me a few grows or three to really get it down. But when you do, I’ve come to think it is one of the acts of training that is more responsible for the size of your end colas than almost any other single factor. If you see Shed’s plants, for the most part all he ever ends up with is giant colas. This is not accidental. Ok Shed, that’s your Christmas present. Lol…thanks!

IMG_4073.jpeg

They fattened/densed up really nicely. By far the densest buds I’ve grown under the XS 1500 Pros. I’m thinking now that the recipe for success with those lights is a sweet, 2/3 of the tent size, single plant. I got significantly better density than I did doing a scrog. Hmm…
I was very impressed with the @ViparSpectra XS-1500 Pro. I use it in my closet and the plants 🪴 love 💕 it. CL🍀

Good Morning Jon👊. Plants look fantastic as always🥰😍. I have an auto question for you. Do auto's experience hermaphrodism to the same degree as photos do, or are auto's more resistant?
Hiya @Gee64…good question. In my experience they are 1000x MORE resistant. It’s difficult to get one to hermie even if you try. I think if I’ve grown 50 autos I’ve had one or maybe two hermie. And it’s been a lot of grows since it happened. With your skills, consider it impossible.

Hiya @Gee64…good question. In my experience they are 1000x MORE resistant. It’s difficult to get one to hermie even if you try. I think if I’ve grown 50 autos I’ve had one or maybe two hermie. And it’s been a lot of grows since it happened. With your skills, consider it impossible.
Ok, thanks Jon. That confirms my suspicions that light likely isn't a factor like it is with photos.

Ok, thanks Jon. That confirms my suspicions that light likely isn't a factor like it is with photos.
Not in the least. Kinda half the point. You can change lights, move them in and out, flip light on during dark time (only 4-6 hours a day, I go 20/4 start to finish), change the light schedule - they won’t blink. It is my opinion that to hermie them you have to really screw up the feed. I never do it now. You won’t either. I specifically use my ultra compromised (light-wise) tent for autos for exactly this reason.

I’ve been wondering recently soon - I have these two random Autos, have pics on one of journals labelled as photos and they’re in a room where ai need to quite often after lights out and wondered about hermies.

I always think of @Carmen Ray right?

She never knows when its lights out! That’s why she grows Autos because the unreliable power supply. I’ve never heard her talk about hermies?

Well, bot or no, it is what it is.

All I can say is I can neither confirm nor deny anything. Its probably better that way. For my well being 🤣

I’ve been biting my lip repeatedly

My ex girlfriend always said that was what pillows were for 😂

Back
Top Bottom