Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

She doesn’t look like she’s got much more left to give. I wouldn’t bother with anything else at this point. I can only see one single white hair, everything else looks like it’s already started to lay down
Thanks @Keffka - after I asked I figured exactly that. She’s a couple days out. Wouldn’t make a difference. Happy holidays my man!

Northern Lights Auto
State of Play

IMG_3982.jpeg

Northern Lights Auto
State of Play

IMG_3982.jpeg
This plant has found her second gear. I now realize that that second gear I always wait on is entirely a function of the size of the rootball. Duh. When it has enough circumference, ie, surface area, it hits. That’s now. Whee!!! Watch her takeoff now. Already we are watering every other day rather than every three.

Thanks @Keffka - after I asked I figured exactly that. She’s a couple days out. Wouldn’t make a difference. Happy holidays my man!

Yep, only bad things happen when messing around this close to harvest. I can see molasses or any other addition giving you a hot smoke with dirty ash if you do it too late

That’s one of the things that happens with a rescue and it’s even worse if you don’t give the plant 10-14 days after adding it. You’re left with a flower that smokes hot. You can literally feel the heat of the smoke, it’s hard to explain but anyone who has experienced it knows it. It also leaves you with this odd ash that is flecked with black and burns uneven some times.

Yep, only bad things happen when messing around this close to harvest. I can see molasses or any other addition giving you a hot smoke with dirty ash if you do it too late

That’s one of the things that happens with a rescue and it’s even worse if you don’t give the plant 10-14 days after adding it. You’re left with a flower that smokes hot. You can literally feel the heat of the smoke, it’s hard to explain but anyone who has experienced it knows it. It also leaves you with this odd ash that is flecked with black and burns uneven some times.
Muchas gracias, I knew none of that. It’s likely I’ve experienced it and not known it. You don’t understand how much you just helped me. I’ve been operating on assumptions without realizing it in this regard, and have almost habitually been maxing out sugars at the end of grows, thinking once the fans aren’t really doing anymore work and it’s too late to mess the buds up, they are more directly benefiting or being affected by the sugars. Silly wabbit. THANKS SO MUCH.

You’ve still got color in your leaves. There’s plenty of nutrition left for the plant to use if it wants.. check out the leaves on this bad boy, and it can still take some extra if it really wants

IMG_7108.jpeg

IMG_7114.jpeg

IMG_7115.jpeg
Your buds look like they’re at almost the same point as mine. No? You look to be what, five days to a week out?

Your buds look like they’re at almost the same point as mine. No? You look to be what, five days to a week out?

They’re getting close.. they’re at 90 days currently. This part can be tricky. Some times it takes them a week, some times it takes them weeks. I expect another week personally but this is the runt and it’s been wily

Muchas gracias, I knew none of that. It’s likely I’ve experienced it and not known it. You don’t understand how much you just helped me. I’ve been operating on assumptions without realizing it in this regard, and have almost habitually been maxing out sugars at the end of grows, thinking once the fans aren’t really doing anymore work and it’s too late to mess the buds up, they are more directly benefiting or being affected by the sugars. Silly wabbit. THANKS SO MUCH.

Your logic is rational. I’m not entirely sure why it happens yet, but it’s definitely noticeable. I know in my garden it’s the same effect that happens when I throw the food web balance off so it’s likely something to do with triggering an undesirable hormone response.

Your logic is rational. I’m not entirely sure why it happens yet, but it’s definitely noticeable. I know in my garden it’s the same effect that happens when I throw the food web balance off so it’s likely something to do with triggering an undesirable hormone response.
Hmm…undesirable hormone response. That’s got me thinking. I guess we are able to affect a hormonal response - so then I wonder, what are “good” hormonal responses and is there any way to max them out? Via timing or amendments or something? Is that a dumb question?

Skywalker
Flower Day 72

She’s still relatively green! Yay! Hell, she has tons of nutes left in her leaves to eat, much less whatever’s in the pot. She’ll be absolutely fine to finish on plain water. Can’t see I’ll have to water more than what, once more?

IMG_4013.jpeg

IMG_4014.jpeg

Hmm…undesirable hormone response. That’s got me thinking. I guess we are able to affect a hormonal response - so then I wonder, what are “good” hormonal responses and is there any way to max them out? Via timing or amendments or something? Is that a dumb question?
Try a search for hormone in Maritimer's name here at the Mag Jon. He jacks his ladies up every grow!

Hey @Gee64, pretty sure I already know what @Keffka would say, but what do you think about this - since I’m only a couple or four days away, would drowning her in molasses and Bembe (organic, just sugar) at this point add anything to my buds?
I doubt it. It will effect the taste though

Platinum Mimosa Cookies XXL Auto
Sativa phenotype

After curing for 4+ months, this glorious sativa has taken on almost a peppery, kind of acrid tone. It’s sharp in the nose. In an awesome way. Smells like peppery Super Silver Haze. The effect is pure sativa - almost entirely head, super up (coke weed almost), way strong, lasts forever, and pumps up the creativity big time. A superior smoke - it’s one of my favorites. It’s also a consistent double digit yielder. I’ve gotten almost 12 ounces from one. I’m considering her for the auto/photo throwdown.

IMG_4020.jpeg

Our first Bruce Banners had that effect. Like a massive bump off the coffee table if you get me. Same impact on the nose too.
What are these bumps off the coffee table you speak of?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom