Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Northern Lights Auto

With her two top fans tucked you can really see her starting to take her desired ring-like shape.

IMG_4022.jpeg
Terrible writing job, but you get the drift. 10-cola plant.

IMG_4022.jpeg

Hmm…undesirable hormone response. That’s got me thinking. I guess we are able to affect a hormonal response - so then I wonder, what are “good” hormonal responses and is there any way to max them out? Via timing or amendments or something? Is that a dumb question?

Most of what cannabis does is driven by hormones. They’re what signal root growth, resin development, etc. They dictate almost everything. There are definitely ways to encourage specific responses, like we do with topping the plant for example.

@StoneOtter mentioned @Maritimer journal(s), I’ll be taking a look myself.

Funny @Absorber - all I see is paint drying. :rofl: To my eyes (also seeing the buds up close) the Cherry Pie is maybe a day or two ahead of the Skywalker, with the Blackberry Moonrocks bringing up the rear. Then the Northern Lights auto goes in my closet, the XS 1500 Pros move from the 2x4 to the 5x5 for side lighting, the 5x5 gets a major cleaning and her new floor liner (yay), and then I proceed to educate the intrepid @NickHardy.

Funny @Absorber - all I see is paint drying. :rofl: To my eyes (also seeing the buds up close) the Cherry Pie is maybe a day or two ahead of the Skywalker, with the Blackberry Moonrocks bringing up the rear. Then the Northern Lights auto goes in my closet, the XS 1500 Pros move from the 2x4 to the 5x5 for side lighting, the 5x5 gets a major cleaning and her new floor liner (yay), and then I proceed to educate the intrepid @NickHardy.
Its always the hardest time the last few weeks, it just seems to drag out and take forever. They are looking really nice

I’ve changed the way I count to psychologically try and trick myself into relaxing. The idea being they’re indicated at to say day 56 flower because I’ve for 10 days I’m calling “Transition” on Day 46 I’m all chilled and don’t mind giving them the extra time. I just need one of those Men on Black memory wipe sticks so ai forgot I did it 😂

Oh and keep The Lad away from anything where we can change my lights!

I can't wait to see the similarities or how different the Cherry Pie photo period im doing will be to your auto .
:dreamy:
Ikr? Like I said, your buds aren’t too dissimilar looking - they appear they’ll get big and roundish like mine. Interesting. Different strain, same name, different breeder. Weird.

Looking mighty fine ,its all down to personal preference now 😊
Yup. I just want a few more ambers and the last of the reds hairs to curl in. Saturday I’m thinking.

Those are some fat azz colas my friend.👍 :thumb: :welldone:
They fattened/densed up really nicely. By far the densest buds I’ve grown under the XS 1500 Pros. I’m thinking now that the recipe for success with those lights is a sweet, 2/3 of the tent size, single plant. I got significantly better density than I did doing a scrog. Hmm…

I’m so going less is more on some stuff. Like I was told I’d learn my my farmer mate - your sensei equivalent. He’s visiting for two weeks next month. Pre match training 🤣

I’m really excited about what the smaller lights can produce.
Yup. I’ve gone to less is more to a certain extent. Still in search of the perfect number of colas per plant for max quality and yield. I still believe each strain has its own sweet spot. Somewhere between 8-20 I think. Fewer larger colas always seems to bear more fruit for me than more smaller ones. The 5x5 contest is an interesting exercise in this exact concept..

Back
Top Bottom