Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Sorry @Jon but I’m gonna have to engage this real quick because it affects the community a bit. I won’t blow your journal up but there’s an important point to make

And that thing about about being agreeable? I'm not really here to be "nice" or being liked, that's not my sole purpose of being on here. It's to give proper info and help I needed starting out.

I’m not nice or agreeable but I also don’t rub people the wrong way, and if I do I apologize to them because it’s unnecessary. It doesn’t matter if you have all the knowledge in the world, if you’re a dick, people aren’t going to listen and you’re just wasting your time and energy to look like a dick. No one wants to be taught anything by a self righteous prick. This community is what it is because of the respect and approachability we have here. This “I don’t care what anyone thinks” attitude is what makes other forums a dumpster fire. Its the humanity here that keeps people around, not the information.

With that being said, I know that @Wastei is ESL (English second language) so that alone will cause issues. Especially because as @NickHardy said, there are a ton of nuances and inflections when it comes to communication, especially in English, that heavily impact the meaning of words. As a native speaker I often have to explain my tone in text because it comes off as cold or heartless.

I also believe that Wastei has some sort of neurodivergence that makes him communicate very bluntly. I could be mixing up users but I’m pretty sure it was him. It’s not an excuse but it can help color some of the more unfeeling stuff.

This place is great because we take time to hear and respect each other. Not because we’re all super druids

Thanks for the time and space Jon!

@Keffka ❤️🤣

From my perspective (this is meant in good way!) you and my buddy @Wastei are actually sometimes quite similar! My laughing smiley above is because I read the first part of your post which is all blunt and cold - then I was like phew!

Dunno far as it all goes - we all grow different.

Bulk some of us,

Boutique,

Table Top,

Views of mountain tops,

Schelpped,

In pink Tutus / to be fair that’s just @Azimuth

Walk a mile in soles that are made in China.

I need concentrate on the trailer thing laterz

🤣

And that thing about about being agreeable? I'm not really here to be "nice" or being liked, that's not my sole purpose of being on here. It's to give proper info and help I needed starting out.
That quote right there tells you it's not about language nuance or getting lost in translation. He knows how he comes across and seems to relish in it. And it's not just this one instance, as he has a pattern of negative comments in multiple threads on seemingly every practice that doesn't match his own thoughts of the way he would do it.

Maybe accept that not everyone wants to do things the same way as you? And that there are different approaches and goals in growing??

I agree with @Keffka that the vibe is different in this site, which is why his attitude sticks out so much.

Well, to be fair that suggestion was for you, kind of like training wheels if needed. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That quote right there tells you it's not about language nuance or getting lost in translation. He knows how he comes across and seems to relish in it. And it's not just this one instance, as he has a pattern of negative comments in multiple threads on seemingly every practice that doesn't match his own thoughts of the way he's would do it.

Maybe accept that not everyone wants to do things the same way as you? And that there are different approaches and goals in growing??

I agree with @Keffka that the vibe is different in this site, which is why his attitude sticks out so much.

Well, to be fair that suggestion was for you, kind of like training wheels if needed. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Wow. It’s definitely on now. Ok, I guess it’s just gonna shake for a while. Lmao! I never know what’s gonna happen in my journals. But often there are interesting twists.

My tutu is more of a gentle fuchsia.

@Keffka ❤️🤣

From my perspective (this is meant in good way!) you and my buddy @Wastei are actually sometimes quite similar! My laughing smiley above is because I read the first part of your post which is all blunt and cold - then I was like phew!

Dunno far as it all goes - we all grow different.

Bulk some of us,

Boutique,

Table Top,

Views of mountain tops,

Schelpped,

Walk a mile in soles that are made in China.

I need concentrate on the trailer thing laterz

🤣

Lol I can see the similarities.

While I dislike what the Army did to me it did teach me some valuable communication skills. When you’re dealing with people of all ages from all over you’ve gotta learn to speak in a way they’ll hear. It doesn’t matter how right you are, if you rub people the wrong way they just won’t listen, period. That’s being human. That’s why diplomacy exists.

Hey @NickHardy - I just got a call from the Giant Auto Foundation head representative. She’s a 10 foot tall Watermelon Wedding Cake XXL Auto, we spoke through the Universal Plant/Human Translator. She wanted to make sure her kind would be well represented in the contest, and I assured her that I’d make her proud. Then she laughed and asked me to tell you not to be embarrassed when you publicly lose to an auto tent. Your attitude kind of raised her hackles a little, and the rest of the autos are pissed too. They have decided to respond by promising me photo-like growth and yield, which was nice. You pissed off Michael Jordan, Nick. That’s never a good idea. Anyway, she also told me to show you her home for the contest. She’s thinks it’s a nice pad and said your photo tent was a cheap one bedroom. Anyway, don’t be mad at me, I’m just the messenger. You’ll have the opportunity to take it up with the autos directly soon enough. Here’s one final home. We have others. I’m supposed to tell you to note that if a larger res is required, as it was last time with the WWC, the home is designed to be easily adapted - just sit the lid on a new hole. I’m always happy about a new hole.

Heh.

IMG_3945.jpeg

IMG_3946.jpeg

IMG_3947.jpeg

While I dislike what the Army did to me
One of my all time favourite movies is Grosse Point Blanke. Jon Cusak. Like thst? 🤣
When you’re dealing with people of all ages from all over you’ve gotta learn to speak in a way they’ll hear. It doesn’t matter how right you are, if you rub people the wrong way they just won’t listen,
Truest thing ever. I left my home country 20 years ago. I’ve been a guest on three continents m. At time scrabbling around for visas to be able to live in my adopted homes

Trust me a night in a Cape Town Jail off The Parade where Nelson Mandela was unveiled is a better story than experience 🤣 Carmen and LeRugged will tell you too 😂

You live around you gotta get along. Now with all due respect to you snd your sage words I need to defend myself against Jon’s latest bs 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hey @NickHardy - I just got a call from the Giant Auto Foundation head representative. She’s a 10 foot tall Watermelon Wedding Cake XXL Auto, we spoke through the Universal Plant/Human Translator. She wanted to make sure her kind would be well represented in the contest, and I assured her that I’d make her proud. Then she laughed and asked me to tell you not to be embarrassed when you publicly lose to an auto tent. Your attitude kind of raised her hackles a little, and the rest of the autos are pissed too. They have decided to respond by promising me photo-like growth and yield, which was nice. You pissed off Michael Jordan, Nick. That’s never a good idea. Anyway, she also told me to show you her home for the contest. She’s thinks it’s a nice pad and said your photo tent was a cheap one bedroom. Anyway, don’t be mad at me, I’m just the messenger. You’ll have the opportunity to take it up with the autos directly soon enough. Here’s one final home. We have others. I’m supposed to tell you to note that if a larger res is required, as it was last time with the WWC, the home is designed to be easily adapted - just sit the lid on a new hole. I’m always happy about a new hole.

Heh.

IMG_3945.jpeg

IMG_3946.jpeg

IMG_3947.jpeg
Yeah, so your Azi love in continues.

A SIP by another name is still a SIP!

@ReservoirDog come on! He’s bought airstone things! You call it!

FWIW SIP not a SIP I still win 😆

This was your big reveal? I was hoping for a nitrox charged tent or something. 😂 (loads of Scuba here (tripical island diving industry is mega) so looked at nitrox enhancement myself)

Oh. Its a SIP.

🤣

Are you guys gonna have a safe word or some other way to suggests things went a little too far?
We can’t stress enough, Azi? We said loads we ain’t gonna fall out. Well not over this. When his Christmas present arrives late, maybe, maybe we fall out on the 12th January, 😅
Are there any tutu rules in the official guide to the new journal?

The only rule of Tutu Club is…

You write this stuff, jeez, I paid to unlock the Platinum Member Newsletter, told me Azi’s Guide 2 Tutus Will Improve Yield by 420%! Link was broken btw.

🤣

Yeah, so your Azi love in continues.

A SIP by another name is still a SIP!

@ReservoirDog come on! He’s bought airstone things! You call it!

FWIW SIP not a SIP I still win 😆

This was your big reveal? I was hoping for a nitrox charged tent or something. 😂 (loads of Scuba here (tripical island diving industry is mega) so looked at nitrox enhancement myself)

Oh. Its a SIP.

🤣
This is a SIP? I think Azi and everyone in the SIP club would disagree with you. This is an idk what. It’s a pot of coco on top of water. Not a SIP, not a SWICK, not hydro, just some poor and lazy man’s BS attempt to have the best of both worlds. I’m not gonna do them all like this. Too many unanswered nute questions. But in figuring out what space I need each plant to fill, I realize that the plant in the middle has the largest sq footage to cover. And the oddest shape. Need stretch and length. I did this once before with the same strain and set my auto record. I already know I can make it work. So I’m giving the Cyco a hydro-esque shot and we are gonna try Cyco on her. Put her in the middle and see if she won’t fill in some odd shaped gaps in my canopy. The others will all go in 10s but I’m gonna top and bottom feed them as I did this time.

This is a SIP? I think Azi and everyone in the SIP club would disagree with you. This is an idk what. It’s a pot of coco on top of water. Not a SIP, not a SWICK, not hydro, just some poor and lazy man’s BS attempt to have the best of both worlds. I’m not gonna do them all like this. Too many unanswered nute questions. But in figuring out what space I need each plant to fill, I realize that the plant in the middle has the largest sq footage to cover. And the oddest shape. Need stretch and length. I did this once before with the same strain and set my auto record. I already know I can make it work. So I’m giving the Cyco a hydro-esque shot and we are gonna try Cyco on her. Put her in the middle and see if she won’t fill in some odd shaped gaps in my canopy. The others will all go in 10s but I’m gonna top and bottom feed them as I did this time.
neat, have a good Christmas @Jon

Back
Top Bottom