Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Later in his grow it’s on my list to teach him the de-flarfing of the crap underneath. You get all the credit for teaching me that particular skill, and it certainly makes a GIANT difference, I see now that I’m finally doing it correctly. Perhaps when the time comes you might help him/me with that? (I love asking you to work, lol!!). You have a ton of those excellent instructional photo series on that, with clear and concise explanations. He’ll learn it more effectively with your help for sure. My Cherry Pie, imho, has only been able to get as giant of buds as they are, due to very effective deflarfing, my best job ever.

I actually considered extreme leaf tucking Shed. It’s too much for me. I want them at least a little horizontal. If they’re fully vertical they may as well be chopped.

This is pretty trichomey, and if you look close, they’re very long. That’s the impact I thought I noticed from the drought - yes, to some degree there seemed to be more trichomes, but more seemingly obvious was they appeared to grow in length - more than number. Idk. It gets you way stoned, I’ll tell you that. It’s a hybrid sort of buzz and very spacey. A bit disassociative. The kind of weed that makes you forget shit. Lmao. GREAT for my back.
Thats the effect a number of us have seen including @Maritimer @Krissi Carbone and others. Looks like more trichomes but probably more so longer trichomes that fall all over themselves.
Krissi calls it coralling since it looks like sea coral.

I agree with the point that the droughting paper was a pretty limited study, and that point was raised in the droughting thread, but I think we have enough anecdotal evidence that there's certainly something going on with that process.

So, use it, don't use it, whatever, but like bud washing, many of us who have tried it once, now do it repeatedly.

Thats the effect a number of us have seen including @Maritimer @Krissi Carbone and others. Looks like more trichomes but probably more so longer trichomes that fall all over themselves.
Krissi calls it coralling since it looks like sea coral.

I agree with the point that the droughting paper was a pretty limited study, and that point was raised in the droughting thread, but I think we have enough anecdotal evidence that there's certainly something going on with that process.

So, use it, don't use it, whatever, but like bud washing, many of us who have tried it once, now do it repeatedly.
Yep. There comes a point when anecdotal evidence and repeated observation trumps a white paper.

By the way…
(Unrelated post)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

image000000.jpeg

Umm, isn't the anecdotal evidence supporting the paper?
I just meant generally speaking. Yeah, in this case parts of it. All I’m saying is I personally value my collection of anecdotal and observational evidence to be every bit as valid as a comparison grow repeated 18 times under controlled circumstances. Don’t need it. I have eyes.

Criticisms range from it was only one strain, study wasn't repeated, conditions might not translate and on and on. But enough of us have done it to make the purported results seem verified.

Not scientifically mind you, but that doesn't matter much to me. I see what I see and it's enough for me to keep doing it. There will always be naysayers which is fine. Don't use it in your grow if you don't want to. Nobody's saying you have to.

Criticisms range from it was only one strain, study wasn't repeated, conditions might not translate and on and on. But enough of us have done it to make the purported results seem verified.

Not scientifically mind you, but that doesn't matter much to me. I see what I see and it's enough for me to keep doing it. There will always be naysayers which is fine. Don't use it in your grow if you don't want to. Nobody's saying you have to.
That’s pretty much what I’m saying too. Like bud washing. How many times did I shit on it before I simply tried it? And it took ONCE. Zero scientific data. 100% observational. It’s a FACT. It works.

That’s pretty much what I’m saying too. Like bud washing. How many times did I shit on it before I simply tried it? And it took ONCE. Zero scientific data. 100% observational. It’s a FACT. It works.
I just can't be fucked with that one though 🤣🤣

Tell me about plant training? Never done it. Can it improve yield in a 5x5? Asking for a friend.

Bud washing? Bro science, yeah?

What have I missed?

Friday evening before Christmas, have a lovely day everyone.

Nick & Co

IMG_9328.jpeg
Lol! You won’t beat the auto guy without training, but you go for it. I’m getting excited now. And no, bud washing is definitely not bro science. Who said such silliness? I missed that.

Aye me mates,
Wondering aloud how many folks really understand the process of applying an abstract for peer review, publishing the abstract in a professional trade journal, and submitting that abstract for doctrinal review.

If folks are hating on the Caplan abstracts, they are incorrect to assume that rigorous control standards are not at play. Long before you or I read the abstracts, other scientist questioned the rationalizations and testing methods including statistical analysis most of us do not understand.

BTW
MeJA adds to the trichome population, not drought. Droughting fills those trichomes with excess oil production.

But like @Azimuth said. You do not have to drought cannabis.
I do not wash indoor flowers. hah

For those who know me less well 😅

The training thing was me saying to Jon I can beat him on yield easy without even bothering with training.

The Bud washing/bro science was me teasing Azi.

I wash my buds lately.

In my swimming pool.

Pics?

OK!

Salty as an ancient mariner? No! My pool is just water and H2o2.

She is currently having her “last dance” (NBA thing) - the 2.6g yield is a lovely vape!

IMG_8877.jpeg
IMG_8879.jpeg
IMG_8878.jpeg

Aye me mates,
Wondering aloud how many folks really understand the process of applying an abstract for peer review, publishing the abstract in a professional trade journal, and submitting that abstract for doctrinal review.

If folks are hating on the Caplan abstracts, they are incorrect to assume that rigorous control standards are not at play. Long before you or I read the abstracts, other scientist questioned the rationalizations and testing methods including statistical analysis most of us do not understand.

BTW
MeJA adds to the trichome population, not drought. Droughting fills those trichomes with excess oil production.

But like @Azimuth said. You do not have to drought cannabis.
I do not wash indoor flowers. hah
There he is! Thanks for chiming in @Maritimer. How you be? Hope all is well.

Back
Top Bottom