Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Cherry Pie Auto

What a gorgeous plant. She’d look amazing outdoors. I will never object to pink buds like this. Ever. Even Blimburn marketing doesn’t indicate this. I can’t wait to see one wet trimmed. And if she comes in less than ten ounces I’ll eat my hat. I’m guessing more like 12. Unbelievable output in a 2 1/2’ x 2 1/2’ space, maybe a bit less even. Jeez. @Gee64 - there’s lots of colorful indicas that would work well for your porch auto project, and I know you already liked the Double Grape. But this one gets into exotic colors. I can’t seem to capture in pictures just how much is going in here. Pinks of several hues, a purplish undertone, reds, yellows, greens - it’s a fricking rainbow of incredible density. FWIW - purty. Correct size. Solid dependable genetics. 24-26% thc. Ultra yielder. Smells like earthy candy with a dank undertone. She’s amazing.

IMG_3879.jpeg

IMG_3883.jpeg

IMG_3876.jpeg

Cherry Pie Auto

What a gorgeous plant. She’d look amazing outdoors. I will never object to pink buds like this. Ever. Even Blimburn marketing doesn’t indicate this. I can’t wait to see one wet trimmed. And if she comes in less than ten ounces I’ll eat my hat. I’m guessing more like 12. Unbelievable output in a 2 1/2’ x 2 1/2’ space, maybe a bit less even. Jeez. @Gee64 - there’s lots of colorful indicas that would work well for your porch auto project, and I know you already liked the Double Grape. But this one gets into exotic colors. I can’t seem to capture in pictures just how much is going in here. Pinks of several hues, a purplish undertone, reds, yellows, greens - it’s a fricking rainbow of incredible density. FWIW - purty. Correct size. Solid dependable genetics. 24-26% thc. Ultra yielder. Smells like earthy candy with a dank undertone. She’s amazing.

IMG_3879.jpeg

IMG_3883.jpeg

IMG_3876.jpeg
She looks spectacular Jon 🤤

Strawberry Gorilla
Did the Drought Work?

This is a broken up by hand SG bud I’m about to smoke. I wanted to show the inside of the bud and wonder out loud whether or not an 11 day end drought with only one rescue drink of a gallon had the intended impact. This is pretty trichomey, and if you look close, they’re very long. That’s the impact I thought I noticed from the drought - yes, to some degree there seemed to be more trichomes, but more seemingly obvious was they appeared to grow in length - more than number. Idk. It gets you way stoned, I’ll tell you that. It’s a hybrid sort of buzz and very spacey. A bit disassociative. The kind of weed that makes you forget shit. Lmao. GREAT for my back.

IMG_3884.jpeg

IMG_3886.jpeg

Wow! I would say droughting certainly never hurt! Thats great looking weed. Nice job👍
I guess I need to start "droughting" my hydro grown plants for better potency then? I believe people believe droughting do way more positive than negatives on here from reading one article that supports it? Enviromental differences and environmental measures can only tell you if droughting is beneficial or not, without any data it's a plain shoot in the dark practice.

Droughting is only really beneficial in a VERY controlled environment and needs a side by side comparison to confirm validation. The study people refer to on here is just that, a very controlled environment with data to support the claims. If you're droughting a overfed plant the only result is nutrient lockout? Most people dont keep data logs and track on their medium and what's in it before doing the "droughting" practice?

I guess I need to start "droughting" my hydro grown plants for better potency then? I believe people believe droughting do way more positive than negatives on here from reading one article that supports it? Enviromental differences and environmental measures can only tell you if droughting is beneficial or not, without any data it's a plain shoot in the dark practice.

Droughting is only really beneficial in a VERY controlled environment and needs a side by side comparison to confirm validation. The study people refer to on here is just that, a very controlled environment with data to support the claims. If you're droughting an overfed plant the only result is nutrient lockout? Most people dont keep data logs and track on their medium and what's in it before doing the "droughting" practice?
All fair points @Wastei - I certainly did none of that. It was an off the cuff, sudden decision in the moment. I knew how and when to do it based mostly on @Maritimer and @StoneOtter research, which I dug fairly deep into. I’ve tried some of the best droughted weed vs not of the same strain from the same grow, just not mine. All your points aside for the moment, based on those things, and every non scientific observation I have made, it undoubtedly has an effect. And frankly, doing it at the very end, if you’re healthy to that point, you’re kinda beyond some of the concerns you express imho. I didn’t do it until the weed was arguably extremely close. So idk, and I’m not pretending to. I agree with you totally from a controlled, scientific point of view. Just my two cents. But as far as I’m concerned, the two growers I mentioned are extremely educated in the process and have done it multiple times in various incantations. FWIW.

Strawberry Gorilla
Did the Drought Work?

This is a broken up by hand SG bud I’m about to smoke. I wanted to show the inside of the bud and wonder out loud whether or not an 11 day end drought with only one rescue drink of a gallon had the intended impact. This is pretty trichomey, and if you look close, they’re very long. That’s the impact I thought I noticed from the drought - yes, to some degree there seemed to be more trichomes, but more seemingly obvious was they appeared to grow in length - more than number. Idk. It gets you way stoned, I’ll tell you that. It’s a hybrid sort of buzz and very spacey. A bit disassociative. The kind of weed that makes you forget shit. Lmao. GREAT for my back.

IMG_3884.jpeg

IMG_3886.jpeg
looks crazy good, i noticed that the trichs defenitly got longer in drought with my DG

Jon Training 101

Okay, @rehabilitatora420, may as well put it here instead of DMs in case there is someone besides you who might benefit.

I’ll show you step by step how I train to a ten cola plant. This is just how I do it. There are many methods and many different ways to skin this cat. I try to keep it as simple as possible.

So to review where we are to now:

Step 1:
Do nothing but let the plant grow in the starter pot. Up pot asap into final pot. This should happen before any training even begins.

Step 2:
Top above the fourth node. By 4th node, I’m talking four sets of five finger leaves. Top above that. Do it as soon as there is enough stem to cut, as early as you can. Now you have a plant with 12 branches. The two at the very bottom will get cut off later on, leaving you with ten branches. The goal is to train these ten branches into your ten colas, and have them all be at the same height, ie, a flat canopy.

Step 3:
By now the first two branches you’ll train should be long enough TO train. They get flattened out, ie, made horizontal so they stay that way. I use skewers and green plant wire, set up as shown, and carefully pushed into the dirt. I use the hook around the branch so as to not co strict the branch. All it takes at this point is a little hook as shown.

Step 4:
WAIT. Let the plant go for a few days while the next set of branches up from your first two staked branches gets longer like the first two. You will then do the same thing - make them horizontal. You are beginning to form your canopy. If the first two you staked get long enough to reflatten, ie, maintain them horizontally, then simply slide or move the hook up to the head of the branch and keep it horizontal. This is allowing the lower branches to catch up to the uppers.

That’s where we are as of today. Rehabilatora420, if you have any questions, ask them here connected to this post, okay? Thanks!

Here’s the pics, the topping, the hook/skewer, and the usage, and the last picture is our next target.

IMG_3865.jpeg

IMG_3888.jpeg

IMG_3887.jpeg

IMG_3889.jpeg

IMG_3890.jpeg

IMG_3892.jpeg

Jon Training 101

Okay, @rehabilitatora420, may as well put it here instead of DMs in case there is someone besides you who might benefit.

I’ll show you step by step how I train to a ten cola plant. This is just how I do it. There are many methods and many different ways to skin this cat. I try to keep it as simple as possible.

So to review where we are to now:

Step 1:
Do nothing but let the plant grow in the starter pot. Up pot asap into final pot. This should happen before any training even begins.

Step 2:
Top above the fourth node. By 4th node, I’m talking four sets of five finger leaves. Top above that. Do it as soon as there is enough stem to cut, as early as you can. Now you have a plant with 12 branches. The two at the very bottom will get cut off later on, leaving you with ten branches. The goal is to train these ten branches into your ten colas, and have them all be at the same height, ie, a flat canopy.

Step 3:
By now the first two branches you’ll train should be long enough TO train. They get flattened out, ie, made horizontal so they stay that way. I use skewers and green plant wire, set up as shown, and carefully pushed into the dirt. I use the hook around the branch so as to not co strict the branch. All it takes at this point is a little hook as shown.

Step 4:
WAIT. Let the plant go for a few days while the next set of branches up from your first two staked branches gets longer like the first two. You will then do the same thing - make them horizontal. You are beginning to form your canopy. If the first two you staked get long enough to reflatten, ie, maintain them horizontally, then simply slide or move the hook up to the head of the branch and keep it horizontal. This is allowing the lower branches to catch up to the uppers.

That’s where we are as of today. Rehabilatora420, if you have any questions, ask them here connected to this post, okay? Thanks!

Here’s the pics, the topping, the hook/skewer, and the usage, and the last picture is our next target.

IMG_3865.jpeg

IMG_3888.jpeg

IMG_3887.jpeg

IMG_3889.jpeg

IMG_3890.jpeg

IMG_3892.jpeg
Caveat: since you are growing photos, the methodology is exactly the same, however, in the interest of more veg time (try for 60 days if you can) if you want to snip two sets of the lowest branches simply let it grow up an extra node first. I use the bottom nodes on autos due to the short veg time. With photos you are not bound by that.

@rehabilitatora420 - if you want to think of the training longer term, all we are really going to do is flatten out the top two pairs of branches (1 pair above the first stakes, 1 pair at the topping point, the tiny ones) the same way we flattened out the first ones. All you have to do is wait on each pair until you actually have something to flatten out, lol. Once we get to the point where the top pair tiny ones are stretched out wide and flat, we should have an almost caught up lower set. By the time you reach the side of your pot with the top two branches we should have a pretty much well established and almost flattish canopy. From there we just tweak, and I’ll show you some other tricks you might like. The goal is to get the training done asap, or pretty much. That way, from there the plant has time to generate some good stem length on all the colas before you flip (or mine decides it’s time to flip, lol, silly auto). That’s when you realize that my silly more stem = more bud isn’t all that silly. You’ll get sweetass colas if we (YOU!!!) can keep her healthy. So the training is one thing. But for now where you are just beginning, focus on proper watering and health.

Hope that’s not too much too soon. You get all that? Trying to provide a longer term blueprint for you.

Wow, what the hell nug is this? Oh, that? Don’t mind that garbage. That’s my got no love in NOTM Dos Si Dos. It’s the worst bud in the world, but since I grew it I grudgingly smoke it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, it’s a joke. I like smores as much as the next guy. Heh. And no, it’s not exactly garbage.

Boy was that post fun for a very stoned person.
Lmao!

IMG_3899.jpeg

All I have left in this grow is pictures, so you’ll have to forgive me or change the channel. Lol. But I finally managed to capture the Cherry Pie bud showing how it really looks to my eyes live. I used the vignette edit feature to blur out the background. These are truly her real colors, astoundingly enough, I swear to you, this is what it looks like! Also please forgive my overly effusive expression, I’ve rarely grown bud quite this colorful. The Slurricane from several grows back comes to mind, but her color was mostly leaf based. This is BUD color. Heh. :love: good genetics.

IMG_3903.jpeg

Mate - I know we’re meant to be at war or something with our twisted contest 🤣

That’s the best picture I can remember you posting.

Darker and richer

You’re photos sometimes seem a bit washed out and anyway a lighter brighter lilac style.

That one is way moodier and the better for it

Very cool and you also can feel its nature, from the earth.

Mate - I know we’re meant to be at war or something with our twisted contest 🤣

That’s the best picture I can remember you posting.

Darker and richer

You’re photos sometimes seem a bit washed out and anyway a lighter brighter lilac style.

That one is way moodier and the better for it

Very cool and you also can feel its nature, from the earth.
Thanks, I agree! Even after a great lesson from @420, I still tend to pump up the clarity function too much. The byproduct of that is my trichs outshine everything else and you can’t see what’s really going on - exactly as you described. I’m working on it.

Might I suggest StankClips®:

If the top leaves that those get clipped to aren't flat, you can tie those down to the lip of the pot while you wait for the top node to grow long enough to grab and tie.

Credit to @Van Stank for the idea.
@InTheShed - thanks! And to @Van Stank - that’s brilliant. I never considered tying the leaves out of the way. Funny how simple and all it takes is another perspective sometimes to see the obvious. Shed - not sure if you know, but a little background - I am tailoring this specific lesson to @rehabilitatora420, and he’s never trained before really, it’s his second grow. So I am trying to keep it foolproof for him. I would maybe tie them to the leaf as you taught me or do this, depending. But for someone who has never handled tender new shoots closely, I thought it would decrease his odds of accidentally breaking one off if he simply waited like two days. Nothing will happen in that time to fetter anything. So yes, I agree, just explaining why I was, for lack of a better term, dumbing it down a bit. One step at a time, you know? It would be really helpful if you might not mind cut and pasting this post also into his new thread and first journal? I promised him lessons from all sides and certainly would hope you’d be one for that as you’re chock full of tricks like this! He can then choose from a variety of inputs if he wants to, not just mine. This is a great lesson that I believe a newbie can digest and then adopt if they choose, yes?

Back
Top Bottom